No announcement yet.

2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacks hitters chasing a lot more than in the previous games I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Jacks hitters chasing a lot more than in the previous games I've seen.
      I think they were pressing, particularly in the last half inning

Comment

Come on Jacks. Let's get a run or twelve this inning. Don't need extra innings, considering advancing will require a Razorback doubleheader tomorrow

Comment

Can't give teams four outs. Looks like Kniecsche is running on fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Can't give teams four outs. Looks like Kniecsche is running on fumes.
            Need to rally and end it.

If Jacks tie it, I'm not sure Kniesche would pitch top of 11th inning

Comment

Not sure why you pinch-hit for your #2 hitter.

Comment

Jacks fall 2-1 in 10. Very impressed with how Jacks played this season.

Comment

very tough way to end a great season, but great experience for a team playing 7 freshman in basically every game.

you pinch hit for the 2 hitter because if i recall correctly she had ONE hit in the conference tourney last week and ONE hit in the tourney this week. i dont think she hit particularly well in the last 2 weeks of the season, definitely not the last season. her batting average has dropped over 50 points in the last 3 or 4 weeks. maybe the question is more do you leave her in the two hole while the player with your highest batting average and i think OBP bats 5th

not trying at all to say coach wood is doing a bad job. i am saying that i think you can make VERY REASONABLE arguments for both the decision to leave emma in 2 hole to begin game and to bat for her in the 10th.

obviously this program has gone nowhere but UP since her arrival. and maybe she believes everyone has their ups and downs and you keep people in the spot they have been all year and believe they are comfortable there. maybe she has a strong preference for two slap style hitters at the top. whatever it is, it has been working all year, but in emma four at bats in this game, she hit four VERY weak grounders to the infield, i think at that point she had been given every opportunity to get it going and putting the bat in different hands was a perfectly fine decision

Comment

Some batters hit certain pitches better than others maybe, if a pitcher favors just a few pitches, lefty vs righty, lots of considerations I suspect a coach has way more knowledge about her players strengths and weaknesses I assume, maybe they go with whoever is hitting best at the present time, previously alluded to, I'm sure the reasoning, although not obviously apparent, it's probably sound reasoning. Great job Jacks, we will only get better, looking forward to many more bright days ahead.

Comment

The resident experts (of every sport) have spoken.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What a great season. Major achievements, new records, and SDSU is on the national map for softball. The biggest takeaway: our team is led by underclassmen and there are bright things ahead! I hope Coach Wood stays in Brookings for a few more years at least as she could easily be leading a P5 team. Tough day yesterday but exciting season and even more positive things ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                          What a great season. Major achievements, new records, and SDSU is on the national map for softball. The biggest takeaway: our team is led by underclassmen and there are bright things ahead! I hope Coach Wood stays in Brookings for a few more years at least as she could easily be leading a P5 team. Tough day yesterday but exciting season and even more positive things ahead.
                          Definitely a unique past couple months with continued success in WBB, soccer, track and cross country; individual successes in golf; and new heights for FB and SB. Reasons for optimism abound.

Speaking of Coach Wood, I thought Leah Amico's story about Carrillo's recruiting (apparently her brother was being recruited by Jacks' baseball, and Carrillo was in one of the recruiting videos playing catch with him) was awesome. Quite the find considering that initial recruitment netted Jacks' SB her sister too

Comment

I got on the Jacks' bandwagon kind of late in the season, which was my loss. Following this team and watching the regional tourney was a lot of fun. Congrats to the team. What an impressive group of young players and coaches. The future is very bright.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

This was a program a few years ago I wondered if it wouldn't have been best to cut it. The turn-around has been amazing to watch. The youth on this team is unreal too. They were a couple timely hits away from putting a scare into the #6 team in the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X