Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kentucky

ESPNU color guy: "I tell you, SDSU's fans need to turn out this year, this club will be fun to watch."

We might be losing a game but we're getting some respect here.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hey, we're gonna get to shoot free throws! Outstanding! ;D
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert: thanks for keeping us posted on the ESPN-U comments

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
          ESPNU color guy:  "I tell you, SDSU's fans need to turn out this year, this club will be fun to watch."

We might be losing a game but we're getting some respect here.
          Agreed. Kentucky announcers have been complimentary, especially of Beran.

They do point out a need to handle the ball. I think Kentucky is playing some D to contribute to that.

The FT issue is not just one of playing on the road. We need to be aggresive and attack the basket.

Man Rondo steals the ball alot.

About what I expected. Jacks look solid just overmatched. I look forward to playing UNC. They lost to Lipscomb I assume we play them.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jacks continue to get out and run . . . the ESPNU guys like it.

Big time dunk by Gilbert. UK follows with a 3. 66-49.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

how did the alley-oop look?

Comment

Gilbert with 2 big dunks!! I need to get ESPNU.

Another bad to for the Jacks.

66-49

Nothing against Imming but these Kentucky announcers are very good.

Jacks only trail rbs 35-36. 23 to's and only 2 steals for Jacks. 1 FT. There is the difference. 23 tos, 2 steals, 1 FT, I had to say it again.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                  how did the alley-oop look?
                  They say he's "got some hops" and "will be a fun freshman to watch."

The dunk itself, well, he kind of hung on the rim too long--I hate that, personally, but it was pretty stylish anyway--he came right down the lane.

"If SDSU would have taken care of the basketball better in the first half, this game would be a lot closer." -- ESPNU color guy.

Holdren gets 2 points for a takedown of UK's Sims.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                    Jacks only trail rbs 35-36.  23 to's and only 2 steals for Jacks.  1 FT.  There is the difference.  23 tos, 2 steals, 1 FT, I had to say it again.
                    Above tells the story.  Need to improve our ball handling, play more aggresive D and get to the line.

Frias must be way overmatched. I hope he can improve. Cadwell will need some help.

Comment

You know, I think we're going to beat a few teams this year.

Guard play needs to improve (and it will). We need to do some more dribble penetration.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If Casey makes that jumper we close to 14. I'd take that.

KU announcers still impressed with the Jacks. Can't get over the number of unforced errors by our guys. Nice game for Beran.

Lets make a little run. Rondo with another steal, damn.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Above tells the story.  Need to improve our ball handling, play more aggresive D and get to the line.

Frias must be way overmatched.  I hope he can improve.  Cadwell will need some help.
                          I don't think Frias has played that much? It' been more Casey off the bench.

Comment

I liked Casey last year, and I like him this year. He plays without fear.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII

I don't think Frias has played that much? It' been more Casey off the bench.
                              Exactly my point, he must be overmatched. I don't think Casey is the answer as guard number 3.

Comment

I think its just a matter of working a junior college player into the lineup. Casey got a lot of good experience last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X