Arizona State's Taylor Rohde visits SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State's Taylor Rohde visits SDSU

Maybe my thinking is off but I'm inclined to take this guy over a JUCO who scores more, rebounds more, and played more minutes at the JUCO level. Fortunately for everyone involved I don't make those kinds of decisions.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm too lazy to look but I'm thinking he isn't the 6'8" player who hangs out at the 3 point line either. Any points he scores to go with the hustle is a bonus. Hope he enjoyed his visit and decides to come here to play.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
        If he fits what Coach Nagy wants as a person & player I say if we get this kid it would be a great thing. You don't get a scholarship to Arizona State if you are a stiff. This kid can obviously play.
        Well, alot of the ASU fans said he was a bit of a reach. He was Sendeks first recruit and he was a local kid. Probably can't blame Sendek for bringing in a local kid who averaged 29.5 and 12. People seemed to think he was good enough to log 10-15 minutes in the PAC-10 but they hav two stud bigmen coming in next year and the writing is on the wall. He's leaving on good terms, which speaks of his character.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
          I'm too lazy to look but I'm thinking he isn't the 6'8" player who hangs out at the 3 point line either. Any points he scores to go with the hustle is a bonus. Hope he enjoyed his visit and decides to come here to play.
          He can hit the trey a little but 6'8/235 in the Summit is alot different than 6'8/235 in the PAC-10. I would imagine he would stay inside as a Jackrabbit.

The only thing that worries me about him coming to SDSU is the distance and the weather. People down there think this is the north pole. I read a article and the ppl commenting afterward couldn't imagine why he would come up here to "70 below weather" and play. He has offers from California and ARizona schools. We'll see....

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I read up on this kid a little bit. He verballed as a sophomore in HS and was 6'8" at the time. Sendek was a new coach at ASU and was looking for that hometown recruit. He never truly developed and was never athletic enough to play in the Pac 10. He was out of his league. He played out of pure hustle and determination. He won't be missed at ASU except that everyone talked about his work ethic and that he has a great head on his shoulders.

IF HE EVEN SIGNS HERE (which I hope he does), he'll at least bring defense and rebounding just from hustle. He would be exactly what the team needs...someone with leadership and a great work ethic. I would guess a 8-12 points with 8-10 rebounds. Lots of junk points and free throws.

Just my two cents.
            Ooops...I should've read this before I posted. Uh....what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
              Well, alot of the ASU fans said he was a bit of a reach. He was Sendeks first recruit and he was a local kid. Probably can't blame Sendek for bringing in a local kid who averaged 29.5 and 12. People seemed to think he was good enough to log 10-15 minutes in the PAC-10 but they hav two stud bigmen coming in next year and the writing is on the wall. He's leaving on good terms, which speaks of his character.

Exactly what I read
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Ooops...I should've read this before I posted. Uh....what he said.

No problem. You confirmed what I wrote.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Seriously, the kid is 6’8” tall and 235 pounds. Read his high school bio

PINNACLE HIGH SCHOOL: Averaged 29.5 points (school record), 12.0 rebounds and shot 63 percent from field in senior season...2008 Gatorade Arizona Player of the Year and McDonald's All-America nominee...2008 Pima Region Player of the Year...earned Arizona Republic first-team all-state for three straight years...played in Nike top-100 camp in St. Louis in 2005...earned MVP of Desert Shootout Tournament in 2005 and 2006...played at Double Pump West Coast and Pangos All-American Camp in 2007.

I am thrilled that he even took a visit. Ya this kid could help us a lot. No question. I will be jazzed if he becomes a Jack
                  Last edited by LakeJack; 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

He was a 3 star recruit in coming out of high school.

Let's face it, there's a bit of a difference between the depth on a PAC 10 school and the depth on a Summit League team. (Although ORU did beat Stanford this year)

I wouldn't expect this kid to come in and dominate, but he would be a welcome addition and would be a solid addition.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, he did not fit into the system they run, I can not recall what Sendck runs but maybe it was a square peg in a round hole. If he is a hard worker on and off the court, his HS accomplishments are rather impressive. Maybe just needs to find the right fit, a hustler for Nagy is going to get rewarded with minutes and get plently of oppertunity to score. Just because he didnt pan out in the pac 10 does not mean he wouldnt be able to be a star in the summit. Even if he doesn't come here, where ever he does go sounds like they are going to get a quality kid.
                      Last edited by goon; 05-05-2010, 11:12 PM.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Maybe, just maybe, he did not fit into the system they run, I can not recall what Sendck runs but maybe it was a square peg in a round hole. If he is a hard worker on and off the court, his HS accomplishments are rather impressive. Maybe just needs to find the right fit, a hustler for Nagy is going to get rewarded with minutes and get plently of oppertunity to sore. Just because he didnt pan out in the pac 10 does not mean he wouldnt be able to be a star in the summit. Even if he doesn't come here, where ever he does go sounds like they are going to get a quality kid.

They run 4 out 1 in. He's a true post player but not that athletic. He plays a true 5 position and only 1 post was on the floor most of the time so he didn't see much playing time.

Comment

The only thing that worries me about him coming to SDSU is the distance and the weather. People down there think this is the north pole. I read a article and the ppl commenting afterward couldn't imagine why he would come up here to "70 below weather" and play. He has offers from California and ARizona schools. We'll see....
                          Hopefully, having a handful of football players make the trek from 'zona to Brookings, survive and in fact thrive, helps. I suspect we're leveraging those positive experiences with Mr. Rohde.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Hopefully, having a handful of football players make the trek from 'zona to Brookings, survive and in fact thrive, helps. I suspect we're leveraging those positive experiences with Mr. Rohde.
                            I thought about that. I also worry about the fact that Taylor has a steady in Phoenix. But she's welcome to this great state too .

Comment

Happy Birthday today to Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                              X