GentsGDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GentsGDT

Teams combined for 52 in first half, both scored 52 in second.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Fourth conference road win. That's what counts.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Good win Jacks! Can't comment much about the game, only caught the last 4 min on channelsurfing. Could've used less fouls towards the end, but stupid fouls like that didn't bite us....this time....
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Jacks get their first sweep of a Summit League team beating Centenary twice this year.

Jacks at 11-10 (7-3)

We match last years number of Summit wins.

Comment

I believe this is our FOURTH conference road win this year. Way to throw that monkey off your back and send it back to the zoo.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I was thinking I might get banned for my premature post regarding a Jacks win. Thanks guys for pulling it out and not making me look more like an ashe.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                I believe this is our FOURTH conference road win this year. Way to throw that monkey off your back and send it back to the zoo.
                Awww, we could have seen a monkey!!
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Sounded like Sargent hit some key shots and Wolters had another good game. And a double-double for Williams. Way to go, Jacks.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks tonight, go see Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat tommorrow night, and Jacks, men and women saturday . Big basketball weekend.

Comment

Listened to the second half of the game. Listened to them pull out to an 11 pt lead, blow it, go back to 8, and then hold on. Thank goodness for some timely 3's and good FT shooting.

Wolters once again, very, very nice. A little sloppy with the ball late, but the kid is simply money from the line (even with 2 misses tonight) and draws fouls more than one can imagine for a freshman guard. And 8 assists to go with it. Appears to be the most consisent player on the team right now. Kai is right up there also. Ga. Callahan needs to find his stroke for this team to legitimately think they can contend to win the tournament. And some consistent play down low would be good too.

Need to bring it big now Saturday. ORU is going to po'd about the loss in B-Town. Get that all important tie-breaker!

Comment

Nagy's back:

We talked before the game that this would be a difficult game, that we'd have to play 40 minutes and we did, but we shouldn't have had to. If our kids would have done just little bit better job and paid a little bit more attention and been a little bit more aggressive, this would have been a 20-point game instead of a six-point game.
                        That's the guy I remember. Seasoned a bit by a rough transition period. But that's pretty much vintage Nagy right there.

(from the writeup at GoJacks.com)
                        http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204876686

Comment

Yup. The Old Nagy is peeking his head out of the tortoise shell he's had to live in since . . . oh . . . some time in 2004 . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Kai Williams, double-double -- 11 rebounds, 10 points, 37 minutes--the man has found another gear to finish up his collegiate career, I think--and that's great to see . . .

Nate Wolters, 8 assists, 2 turnovers (4.0 a/to ratio--that's huge) and career-high 17 points, 29 minutes. Starting PG Michael Palarca played 11 minutes. The future is here for SDSU at the point guard position.

Clint Sargent 5-9 3-pointers, 18 points to lead the team. His 3's in the 2nd half were . . . essential!

Moss had a nice line, too . . . 2-3 field goals, 3-4 free throws, 7 points, 5 rebounds, 27 minutes.

Players, in minutes-played order: Williiams, Sargent, Wolters, Moss, Cordova, Garrett C., Griffan C., Palarca, Engen.

SDSU shot 43%, CC 37%. SDSU is -1 in turnovers, 12-13. SDSU won the game by getting 3 more rebounds than CC, I think--39-36. That's six points if you convert all 3 possessions--which happens to be the margin of victory.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think that this games shows how the team has changed from the past couple. In years past, the men would have probably folded and ended up losing this game.

Would I have loved to see them blow them out of the water? Yes. But, I am very happy complaining about how much we won by rather than talking about how they blew a double digit lead and lost the game in the last two minutes. These baby steps are finally starting to add up.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Coach Nagy is beginning sound more like his D2 days when the team in general did not match their best expectations. I think we will be blown out in Tulsa if they do not play better than they did at Centenary. That was one of coaches comments, and I agree.

Thank goodness the Gents are leaving the Summit. From what I could tell from the Channelsurfing view, that place they play in is a dump and the people there seem to make noise, but our guys seem to never get it in four gear as we shoul have won by 20 or more. Lets move on and be gratiful for a a win and the first sweep in the Summit.

Comment

Working...
                                X