GentsGDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GentsGDT

HUGGGGGE game tonight. Got to routinely win games like this to take the next step up. Go Jacks!

Re: GentsGDT

This game worries me. If the players and coaches are looking ahead to Saturday at ORU, this game could get ugly.

Centenary is 2-3 at home, beating Southern Utah and IPFW (by 13, we beat them by 1).

It is also apparently homecoming week at Centenary. I don't know how big of a deal that is, but there should be a bit more unfriendly environment.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      This game worries me. If the players and coaches are looking ahead to Saturday at ORU, this game could get ugly.

Centenary is 2-3 at home, beating Southern Utah and IPFW (by 13, we beat them by 1).

It is also apparently homecoming week at Centenary. I don't know how big of a deal that is, but there should be a bit more unfriendly environment.
      In past years this game worried me. But, IMO, it just seems that this team has a different attitude. They are developing a swagger, albeit slowly, that will help them to beat the teams that they are supposed to and compete with the others.

That being said, looking ahead is always a concern with a game as big as ORU. I think that Coach Nagy will make sure they are prepared.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

1) Centenary isn't really that bad of a team--certainly good enough to be dangerous at least, and

2) This could very well be a "trap game" as the guys might be peeking ahead a bit to Oral Roberts. This doesn't make a lot of objective sense, but then, these are college kids . . .

3) The weather in Shreveport is downright tropical for a bunch of cold-weather kids--I mean, a high today of 61 degrees? They're not going to know how to handle the heat!

Respect all conference opponents (at least until they're in your rear view mirror for the year . . .)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gotta think the team learned from last Thursday. I don't see them falling for a 'trap' game two weeks in a row.

Comment

Just back from a field trip south of New Orleans, it is GREAT outside today in Bayou country.

The main difference as far as a trap game goes, is this is an AWAY game. Isn't this Centenary's last D-I season? If so, then homecoming, for the last year EVER at D-I, will be a dangerous game. There IS no post-season (not even the Summit tourney) for the Gents, due to API issues. So this IS a huge, MUST WIN type event for the Gents. Jacks will need another stellar performance, or this could be a duplicate of the NDSU game in Fargo.

Comment

The Jacks handled this team for 40 minutes last time they played. No excuses, do it again.

Comment

If the Rabbits want to avoid Oakland until the Summit Finals this is a must win.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Just back from a field trip south of New Orleans, it is GREAT outside today in Bayou country.

The main difference as far as a trap game goes, is this is an AWAY game. Isn't this Centenary's last D-I season? If so, then homecoming, for the last year EVER at D-I, will be a dangerous game. There IS no post-season (not even the Summit tourney) for the Gents, due to API issues. So this IS a huge, MUST WIN type event for the Gents. Jacks will need another stellar performance, or this could be a duplicate of the NDSU game in Fargo.
                  Next year will be Centenary's final year. Then USD and UND(if they can get their act together) will join in 2011-2012.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Next year will be Centenary's final year. Then USD and UND(if they can get their act together) will join in 2011-2012.
                    Thanks Fargo for the info. Hope the Bison stun ORU in Tulsa tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      I've heard talk there is a chance Centenary takes the buyout clause to get out after this year. They are fearing they won't be able to field teams in some sports if they have to play a D-I schedule next year. I don't have anything to cite but it sounds like there is talk out there of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I've heard talk there is a chance Centenary takes the buyout clause to get out after this year. They are fearing they won't be able to field teams in some sports if they have to play a D-I schedule next year. I don't have anything to cite but it sounds like there is talk out there of this.
                        I think the Summit League would be wise if they did what the Sun Belt did for New Orleans just recently, and wave the buyout fee. Both Centenary and the Summit League teams would benefit from that, at this point.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As of right now, it appears the game is listed on channelsurfing.net
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I have the video up but (once again) the WNAX audio is having issues.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Keep the updates coming as I am only in contact with the "real" world via the board.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X