GentsGDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GentsGDT

Just for the record...Nate Wolters had 17 points (his career high), 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and an 11-13 performance at the charity stripe...that's a full-house no matter how you look at it! Keep it up Nate!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I think that this games shows how the team has changed from the past couple. In years past, the men would have probably folded and ended up losing this game.

Would I have loved to see them blow them out of the water? Yes. But, I am very happy complaining about how much we won by rather than talking about how they blew a double digit lead and lost the game in the last two minutes. These baby steps are finally starting to add up.
      I hope Jacks fans realize just how big a win this was? It puts in a tie with OR at 7-3 but more importantly it puts the Jacks in a tie for 3rd and a two game lead over IPFW. Do I dare say a 3 game lead over NDSU. A third or 4th place seed in the tournament would be outstanding. These gentlemen are coming along nicely.

I am a little worried about the OR game but let's play it anyway.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
        I hope Jacks fans realize just how big a win this was? It puts in a tie with OR at 7-3 but more importantly it puts the Jacks in a tie for 3rd and a two game lead over IPFW. Do I dare say a 3 game lead over NDSU. A third or 4th place seed in the tournament would be outstanding. These gentlemen are coming along nicely.

I am a little worried about the OR game but let's play it anyway.

GBGBGJ
        Agree:

BUT....I watched the ORU/NDSU game last night and I'm just going to throw something out there that NDSU fans won't like...but here it goes...That might have been the worst 2nd half of basketball from one team I've seen all year...including SDSU's 2nd half against NDSU up there(And I didn't think I would be able to ever say that). Is your point guard, Zastrow even 5'10"??
        No wonder NDSU fans were all over Wolters for not coming to NDSU. Facing a future with that guy at the point should be fun.(Sarcasim Alert).

I digress...I think SDSU has a very good chance to take down ORU at their house. Talk about getting the monkey off our backs...a win in Tulsa would definitely do it!
        Look forward to watching it on TV! Love it when these away games are on TV. Does that make 4 or 5 this year?

Go Jacks!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

The one negative about that game is our inability to handle the press at key times with lazy and misguided passes. Kai is playing so well right now. I would love to see him get the ball more in the paint as he seems to just rise well above everyone else for easy buckets. He makes it look so easy!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Agree:

BUT....I watched the ORU/NDSU game last night and I'm just going to throw something out there that NDSU fans won't like...but here it goes...That might have been the worst 2nd half of basketball from one team I've seen all year...including SDSU's 2nd half against NDSU up there(And I didn't think I would be able to ever say that). Is your point guard, Zastrow even 5'10"??
            No wonder NDSU fans were all over Wolters for not coming to NDSU. Facing a future with that guy at the point should be fun.(Sarcasim Alert).

I digress...I think SDSU has a very good chance to take down ORU at their house. Talk about getting the monkey off our backs...a win in Tulsa would definitely do it!
            Look forward to watching it on TV! Love it when these away games are on TV. Does that make 4 or 5 this year?

Go Jacks!
            It was the worst half of basketball I have seen since NDSU played at K-State in the 2005-2006 season. We didn't make a field goal for over 8 minutes.

Zastrow was supposed to redshirt...injuries forced Saul's hand on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              The one negative about that game is our inability to handle the press at key times with lazy and misguided passes.
              This has been a problem all season.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Nate Wolters, 8 assists, 2 turnovers (4.0 a/to ratio--that's huge) and career-high 17 points, 29 minutes. Starting PG Michael Palarca played 11 minutes. The future is here for SDSU at the point guard position.
                While I am extremely excited about the play of Wolters, it should be noted that Palarca had 6 points and only 1 turnover in his 11 minutes. I think the 29/11 split is about right for these guys, I would like to see it at about 25/15 to make sure Nate has enough gas in the tank when the game is on the line.

I was surprised Engen didn't play more. Only 4 minutes with 2 rebounds and 2 points. I know the coaching staff has talked about matchups and Mark's playing time, but he has been EXTREMELY effecient in the last 5+ games against a variety of competition. 89 minutes this season, 42 points, 29 rebounds, 2 assists, 9 blocks, and 5 steals. In other words, he has played 89 minutes and has 87 "stats". An incredible feat, one I'm sure no other Jack is even close to.

I trust the coaches judgement (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), the future is bright, and it is really cool to have so many players contributing.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                X