No announcement yet.

Bad half? or a Sign of Things to Come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad half? or a Sign of Things to Come?

I believe this was one bad half of basketball. There seems to be a different feel to this team this year. Since Christmas they just look more mature - both phyisically (eye test) and mentally (ORU). Here's to a good second half of the regular season and a run in the Summit League Tournament!

Re: Bad half? or a Sign of Things to Come?

NDSU NEEDED to WIN to AVOID being the CELLAR team of the Summit. Must win a home! Obviously, the Bison came out that 2nd half, motivated, hustling, and hitting their shots, and getting rebounds, especially offensive, and they converted.

Jacks came out cold, playing to protect, and didn't call time out to get this back under control. Jacks got beat by a team that was famished for a win, and it showed up in the 2nd half.

Jacks will need to play like they did vs ORU next weekend. IMHO, Jacks, if anyone has a shot at Oakland in Brookings. But Jacks will need a great game from all its players, and an "off-night" by Oakland. Need to knock off IPFW Thur first.

Comment

I would add that if you watched the Iowa State-NDSU game, you could see that NDSU isn't really that bad. They've been really unlucky this year, both on and off the court, but they've got some ability.

I'd say that the Jacks have more overall talent this year, but talent is meaningless if you don't have the desire to use it, and the Bison had way, way more desire than the Jacks did.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        NDSU NEEDED to WIN to AVOID being the CELLAR team of the Summit. Must win a home! Obviously, the Bison came out that 2nd half, motivated, hustling, and hitting their shots, and getting rebounds, especially offensive, and they converted.

Jacks came out cold, playing to protect, and didn't call time out to get this back under control. Jacks got beat by a team that was famished for a win, and it showed up in the 2nd half.

Jacks will need to play like they did vs ORU next weekend. IMHO, Jacks, if anyone has a shot at Oakland in Brookings. But Jacks will need a great game from all its players, and an "off-night" by Oakland. Need to knock off IPFW Thur first.
        The only thing I could add here in agreement with the above is that the preception here on this board and elsewhere is that NDSU was one and done when their seniors left, but what might have overlooked is that the subsequent recruiting done by Miles and Phillips both was quailty or good recruits. Nagy hinted to TV that they were once interested Vaughn and did recruit him. Eric Carlson is a very good player and if we had landed him, I would be very pleased. So a win in Brookings over NDSU should happen, but I do not see it as a gimmee.

Comment

Bad half, we will be ok

Comment

I'm just glad to see the board has started taking its lithium again.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              Bad half, we will be ok
              Clearly a bad half. But the Bison really did not to much of anything extra to create that bad half. The Jacks stood around. They watched rebounders rebound, they watched uncontested passes to the post for a bucket etc.

I love watching Kai play basketball. Smooth, athletic, can shoot, can rebound, runs the floor, defends. But, Kai needs to put up more than 4 shots for the entire game. The Coaching staff needs to call specific plays for Kai to get him involved in the offense. Kai needs to demand the ball more often.

All said and done the Jacks are in the hunt.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                Clearly a bad half. But the Bison really did not to much of anything extra to create that bad half. The Jacks stood around. They watched rebounders rebound, they watched uncontested passes to the post for a bucket etc.

I love watching Kai play basketball. Smooth, athletic, can shoot, can rebound, runs the floor, defends. But, Kai needs to put up more than 4 shots for the entire game. The Coaching staff needs to call specific plays for Kai to get him involved in the offense. Kai needs to demand the ball more often.

All said and done the Jacks are in the hunt.

GBGBGJ

What game were you watching????
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  Hey, isn't there a game from tonight to discuss over on Bisonville? Your team lost.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Hey, isn't there a game from tonight to discuss over on Bisonville? Your team lost.
                    as did yours last night, time limits on threads over here now or what?
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Please, elaborate . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Please, elaborate . . .

I will, but first I will state I should have put forth more sarcasm! The fact is regardless of team allegence it was clear in the second half the "hustle" was nothing near what your guys had in the first!
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I will, but first I will state I should have put forth more sarcasm! The fact is regardless of team allegence it was clear in the second half the "hustle" was nothing near what your guys had in the first!
                          Yeah, and several of them were out part of the preceding week with the flu.

In fact, it's probably a good thing this was the travel partner week, giving the team Thursday night off.

Did the Bison women have the flu this week too?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Yeah, and several of them were out part of the preceding week with the flu.

In fact, it's probably a good thing this was the travel partner week, giving the team Thursday night off.

Did the Bison women have the flu this week too?

nope no Flu excuse they just are not up to par with the Jacks women
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                              GBGBGJ
                              There was one play they ran with Kai down low and it worked out really nicely. Kai can out jump his defender so running this type of play should happen more.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                              X