Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nate Wolters...

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
    wolters didnt show up for the ndsu game, ill give him a pass, it was his first time in the bsa and the fans really were riding him hard.
    Wolters did have to face Austin Pennick, who is a a 5th year senior that is known for his defense. Tough matchup for a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      Wolters did have to face Austin Pennick, who is a a 5th year senior that is known for his defense. Tough matchup for a freshman.
      Quit using facts FargoBison. Lakes, I mean CC Deville, wants to believe that Wolters struggles were solely because of him and Bison student section.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Don't feed the trolls . . . and respond to posts, not posters.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just as the gopher students I see at games get on opposing players and affect them, you really don't think it could happen in fargo? because it did! but like jacks02 said, no one really showed up

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
            you really don't think it could happen in fargo? because it did!
            I think Pinnick had more to do with how Wolters played than a handful of Bison noisemakers who were happy to at last be beating the Jackrabbits at a game that they understood.

Comment

I am really becoming a big fan of this young man. Sure he made some bad passes and turn the ball over but I like his no fear in playing the point. By his senior year he will be awesome and will be missed when his career is over.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Quit using facts FargoBison. Lakes, I mean CC Deville, wants to believe that Wolters struggles were solely because of him and Bison student section.
                I think we would all be surprised how LITTLE fan heckling impacts player performance. In fact, it may motivate them more than hinder their performance?

GBGBGJ

Comment

The kid is a stud and if you haven't taken time to see this team and this young man play this year you are missing out.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                    I think we would all be surprised how LITTLE fan heckling impacts player performance. In fact, it may motivate them more than hinder their performance?

GBGBGJ
                    I would agree 100%. These athletes are (or should be) 100% focused on the game. The only voices they should care about are the coaches and their teammates.

I think for the most part a player might hear what someone else is saying, but you don't consiously think about what was said...thus it doesn't or shouldn't affect the player.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      I would agree 100%. These athletes are (or should be) 100% focused on the game. The only voices they should care about are the coaches and their teammates.

I think for the most part a player might hear what someone else is saying, but you don't consiously think about what was said...thus it doesn't or shouldn't affect the player.
                      I agree as well...most of the time once the ball is in play players completely block out the crowd...some exceptions may apply such as when the entire Maryland student section chanted F*** You JJ....that one he probably heard...but I dont think the fans chanting Nate Wolters affected Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by GBGBGJ View Post
                        I agree as well...most of the time once the ball is in play players completely block out the crowd...some exceptions may apply such as when the entire Maryland student section chanted F*** You JJ....that one he probably heard...but I dont think the fans chanting Nate Wolters affected Nate.
                        I was sitting right next to the students, and I went up and said "Gosh, I didn't know Nate had a fan club at NDSU...but we certainly appreciate your help in giving him a boost!" I don't think they're chanting his name...and that's all they did...affected him in the least.

Comment

The Argus Leader has a nice article about Nate.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            The Argus Leader has a nice article about Nate.
                            From the end of that article:

"I think he's awfully good, he's awfully talented," Oral Roberts coach Scott Sutton said Saturday after his decorated dad left the media room. "He knows how to play. He has great size for a point guard. If he can shoot the ball like that, it's going to make him awfully difficult to defend. They've got a great, great freshman in my opinion."
                            I'm excited this kid will be running the point for us the next 3+ years!!!

Comment

Very nice article. I liked how in the article Coach Nagy brought up that it may look like Nate is in a slower gear (paraphrasing on my part), but then he explodes. I have not seen him in person yet at SDSU, only on computer, but I thought that too. Does it appear that way in person? He is getting by opposing guards so he's not coasting. Can we say deceptively quick?

It's going to be fun watching him for 3+ more years.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                                Does it appear that way in person? He is getting by opposing guards so he's not coasting. Can we say deceptively quick?
                                Yes, he does have a nice boost of speed. He picks his times to drive when a good lane is available, and he doesn't need much of a lane to get through either. It will be a nice next 3 years with Nate at the point.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X