GAme Thread: Wyoming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GAme Thread: Wyoming!

Here's some mention of SDSU's win over on www.MidMajority.com. The two writers (KW Kyle Whelliston KW & DL Damon Lewis) gave a chat Monday and talked about Mid-Major upsets over big conference teams.

-----------

KW: OK, we also had some serious joy around Hoops Nation this weekend, as the Red Line Upsets started coming in. We had seven between Friday and Saturday: Texas A&M-C.C. (Oregon State), Rider (Mississippi State), Idaho (Utah), South Dakota State (Wyoming), San Diego (Stanford), Cornell (Alabama), Kent State (UAB) and Texas-San Antonio (Iowa). Any of those catch your eye as particularly important as we move forward?

DL: The most eye-popping RLU was probably Rider over Mississippi State, but I want to save that for a later topic here in the Lounge. South Dakota State taking down Wyoming is probably the strangest of the group...they pretty much dominated from start to finish.

KW: I also noticed that Harvard had trouble getting by William & Mary on Sunday, as the Tribe brought all the power of men's tennis down upon the Crimson but came up short by two points in triple OT. I love the Rider upset, but my favorite was South Dakota State beating Wyoming by 16. It's a perfect example of how the Red Line shows where the real failures are; Wyoming spends almost three times as much on sports as Jackrabbit U. does, but it has a truly awful basketball program.

DL: I'm not certain Wyoming is good at anything. It's nice to see the Badlands representing though, and not getting blinded by the mere fact they were playing a "bigger" opponent. I just decided I need to get my hands on a stuffed SDST Jackrabbit. Anyway, I knew the W & M / Harvard comment was coming. A perfect example of why it's hard to trust Tommy Amaker's coaching abilities. Nevertheless...I'm all in on the Crimson. There, I said it.

KW: It's important to stick to your picks... there are plenty of prognosticators out there who will have amnesia later on about the previews they've filed this month. But I do want to send a special shout out to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, who beat Oregon State on Friday but went down to D-I newbie South Dakota on Sunday -- so congratulations to the Coyotes! You should get a stuffed one of those too.

DL: If I end up with a stuffed Jackrabbit, and a stuffed Coyote, I may have to adjust my moniker here on TMM to something like, "Mr. South Dakota." These days, just using your first and last name to identify yourself is obviously boring anyway.

(Side Note: They refer to the "Summit League" as the "Badlands Conference" on MidMajority. At the time the Mid-Con was looking to change names the site had a contest to see what the new name should be. Badlands won so they refused to accept the new "summit league" name.)

Comment

• Re: GAme Thread: Wyoming!

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      Here's some mention of SDSU's win over on www.MidMajority.com. The two writers (KW Kyle Whelliston KW & DL Damon Lewis) gave a chat Monday and talked about Mid-Major upsets over big conference teams.

-----------

KW: OK, we also had some serious joy around Hoops Nation this weekend, as the Red Line Upsets started coming in. We had seven between Friday and Saturday: Texas A&M-C.C. (Oregon State), Rider (Mississippi State), Idaho (Utah), South Dakota State (Wyoming), San Diego (Stanford), Cornell (Alabama), Kent State (UAB) and Texas-San Antonio (Iowa). Any of those catch your eye as particularly important as we move forward?

DL: The most eye-popping RLU was probably Rider over Mississippi State, but I want to save that for a later topic here in the Lounge. South Dakota State taking down Wyoming is probably the strangest of the group...they pretty much dominated from start to finish.

KW: I also noticed that Harvard had trouble getting by William & Mary on Sunday, as the Tribe brought all the power of men's tennis down upon the Crimson but came up short by two points in triple OT. I love the Rider upset, but my favorite was South Dakota State beating Wyoming by 16. It's a perfect example of how the Red Line shows where the real failures are; Wyoming spends almost three times as much on sports as Jackrabbit U. does, but it has a truly awful basketball program.

DL: I'm not certain Wyoming is good at anything. It's nice to see the Badlands representing though, and not getting blinded by the mere fact they were playing a "bigger" opponent. I just decided I need to get my hands on a stuffed SDST Jackrabbit. Anyway, I knew the W & M / Harvard comment was coming. A perfect example of why it's hard to trust Tommy Amaker's coaching abilities. Nevertheless...I'm all in on the Crimson. There, I said it.

KW: It's important to stick to your picks... there are plenty of prognosticators out there who will have amnesia later on about the previews they've filed this month. But I do want to send a special shout out to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, who beat Oregon State on Friday but went down to D-I newbie South Dakota on Sunday -- so congratulations to the Coyotes! You should get a stuffed one of those too.

DL: If I end up with a stuffed Jackrabbit, and a stuffed Coyote, I may have to adjust my moniker here on TMM to something like, "Mr. South Dakota." These days, just using your first and last name to identify yourself is obviously boring anyway.

(Side Note: They refer to the "Summit League" as the "Badlands Conference" on MidMajority. At the time the Mid-Con was looking to change names the site had a contest to see what the new name should be. Badlands won so they refused to accept the new "summit league" name.)
      more love from the mid majority as they have ranked the best upsets over the higher confernces so far this year and SDSU's win over wyoming 6th!

http://www.midmajority.com/2009/11/t...4-red.php#more

Comment

Working...
      X