Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middle Tennessee links

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
    Dang, dang, dang. I wish the Jacks could have forced up some kind of shot at the end of regulation. Maybe picked up a foul, if nothing else.
    True and true, my friend. Just happy to be in this game. No matter the end result, this is a "victory" for this team.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Cadwel with another three now down 81-80.

Comment

Andy's foul gives them a 2-point lead, Cadwell's 3 puts us back in front.

They answer, we can't. May come down to FT's.

I look for Cadwell to pull this out for us.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

1:36 to go in OT

MTSU 83 - SDSU 80

Jacks with the ball.

Go Jacks! ;D

Comment

It's final lose 89-82 but I will take this moral victory.

Comment

I agree, JackMD. The Jacks put up an unexpectedly tough fight in difficult circumstances and should take some satisfaction in that, despite the loss. It was exciting to listen to.
              This space for lease.

Comment

This undermanned team put up a hell of an effort. I don't mind losing if we are competing.

Comment

Cadwell is a STUD!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Wow 49 people online.

Comment

With Beran back to his old form, Cadwell coming out of his shooting slump, and the improved play by the others I'm starting to feel a little more confident about the Bison game on Sat.

Comment

This was a great game, the kind that make you better as a team. Nothing but positives to be had. We were in the game the whole way and had our chances, that is all we can ask for. MTS knew what they had to do to win and did, that is what we are working for as a team. These type of games give us more experience, and we will be able to do that down the road (learn how to win).
                        We have 5 games left with all the problems and turmoil from this season if we can go with a 10 win season things will be looking up.

Great Job

Comment

Just got back from the arena . . . Nagy needs to get an audio tape from the radio station of the MTSU coach's post-game comments and play it for the Jackrabbits.

The MTSU coach was saying things like "Cadwell was a man among boys, " "they just took it to us in the first half" "that was a well-coached team," "you can see how these guys beat Denver" (Denver and MTSU both in the Sun Belt) and "I'm not looking forward to going to Brookings, SD next year."

MTSU struggled all night long, and almost every time they had a run, the Jacks had an answer. The failure to get off a shot with the last posession in regulation is IMHO what cost us the game.

But considering how undermanned we really are, I don't think you can come away with anything but admiration for how the Jacks played tonight. That was Jackrabbit basketball. If we can finish the year playing that kind of ball then I'll be content, and fired up to see next year's edition of Jackrabbit Basketball.

And, to the "we have no shot" chorus: pfffffttttttt!!!!!! ;D

Go Rabbits!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I tuned in the game with about 10 minutes to go and was really surprised that we were still in the game. I am feelling really good about this game even though it was a loss.

Let hope it will continue into Saturday night's game. We are going to need some spark to even stay in the game. We also need to find ways to take away the perimeter from the Bison. If we let them shoot threes, the game will be over in the first half again as it was in Fargo. If we come out and can only shoot 25 per cent, it will spell trouble. We need make the shots fall, we to stop the Bison 3 pt, and we need to controll the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                              Just got back from the arena . . . Nagy needs to get an audio tape from the radio station of the MTSU coach's post-game comments and play it for the Jackrabbits.

The MTSU coach was saying things like "Cadwell was a man among boys, " "they just took it to us in the first half" "that was a well-coached team," "you can see how these guys beat Denver" (Denver and MTSU both in the Sun Belt) and "I'm not looking forward to going to Brookings, SD next year."

MTSU struggled all night long, and almost every time they had a run, the Jacks had an answer. The failure to get off a shot with the last posession in regulation is IMHO what cost us the game.

But considering how undermanned we really are, I don't think you can come away with anything but admiration for how the Jacks played tonight. That was Jackrabbit basketball. If we can finish the year playing that kind of ball then I'll be content, and fired up to see next year's edition of Jackrabbit Basketball.

And, to the "we have no shot" chorus: pfffffttttttt!!!!!! ;D

Go Rabbits!

Middle Tennessee State archives their games on the school web site.

Comment

And, to the "we have no shot" chorus: pfffffttttttt!!!!!!
                                Maybe if you could have held off the we should win this one chorus we get a shot off and win before overtime! ;D

Good solid showing. I am looking forward to Saturday

See you at Frost!

Comment

Working...
                                X