X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-10 Schedule

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
    How many games can we play next season? We currently have 27.
    Normally you can play 29 games. The 3 games in the Virgin Islands count as one, i believe but the Jacks are going to schedule 30 games total.

Terry's article shows we have added 2 additional ones, with one TBD.http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...35/1002/sports

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
      The schedule is on line:

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...43&SPSID=88455

Go State!

I'm looking forward to December 8. Go Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by klomp44 View Post
        I'm looking forward to December 8. Go Mustangs!
        Not gonna happen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMan View Post
          Not gonna happen this year.
          According the SMSU athletic page and Terry's article on the schedule(which appears earlier in this thread, it is happening.

http://www.smsumustangs.com/document...ce.pdf?id=2046

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...35/1002/sports

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
            According the SMSU athletic page and Terry's article on the schedule(which appears earlier in this thread, it is happening.

http://www.smsumustangs.com/document...ce.pdf?id=2046

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...35/1002/sports

I meant we weren't going to lose this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMan View Post
              I meant we weren't going to lose this year.
              Didn't you guys say the same thing last year?

Comment

I doubt it!

Comment

Didn't you guys say the same thing last year?
                  I'm sure some people said the same thing last year but I didn't.
                  The year before SDSU lost to you, they only beat Dakota Wesleyan by 5 points.
                  The year before that, they beat you by only 3 and Dakota State by 16.
                  SDSU doesn't charge normal prices for exhibition games because coach Nagy doesn't really coach to win. He doesn't run a offense and tries different combinations. He even said that he just wants to try things out. I guess since it's half price, it's not all bad but he treats it like a midnight madness game(My opinion).
                  This year, the game is actually during the regular season. Nagy won't show much but he will want to win.
                  I'm not saying that SDSU shouldn't have won the game last year. They should have in my opinion. Your team/coach just seemed to want it more. I don't know if your team will be as good this year and SDSU will be better, too.
                  Your team had a great year. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I'm sure some people said the same thing last year but I didn't.
                    The year before SDSU lost to you, they only beat Dakota Wesleyan by 5 points.
                    The year before that, they beat you by only 3 and Dakota State by 16.
                    SDSU doesn't charge normal prices for exhibition games because coach Nagy doesn't really coach to win. He doesn't run a offense and tries different combinations. He even said that he just wants to try things out. I guess since it's half price, it's not all bad but he treats it like a midnight madness game(My opinion).
                    This year, the game is actually during the regular season. Nagy won't show much but he will want to win.
                    I'm not saying that SDSU shouldn't have won the game last year. They should have in my opinion. Your team/coach just seemed to want it more. I don't know if your team will be as good this year and SDSU will be better, too.
                    Your team had a great year. Congratulations!
                    I thought the same thing last offseason.

Comment

Just a reminder of how exhibition games work, Troy Wipf played more minutes in last year's exhibition against SMSU then he played in all the regular season games combined.

Comment

I hope the SMSU game sells tickets. It should since Marshall is only forty miles away from Brookings, plus if they got that gut feeling about an upset, it cant hurt SDSU one bit. You brown and yellow folks( wierd school colors) are always welcome in Brookings provided you have money and are willing to spend it in Brookings. No coolers and pre popped popcorn allowed in Frost though, so bring money and enjoy the game.

Comment

Ugggg. Aramark popcorn.

Can SOMEONE in Ag Bio or CFS come up with SDSU popcorn so we don't have to consume those salted packing peanuts?

And while I'm dreaming--maybe there could be an SDSU coffee roaster so there wouldn't be any more nasty Aramark Coffee Substitute hot beverages

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Ugggg. Aramark popcorn.

Can SOMEONE in Ag Bio or CFS come up with SDSU popcorn so we don't have to consume those salted packing peanuts?

And while I'm dreaming--maybe there could be an SDSU coffee roaster so there wouldn't be any more nasty Aramark Coffee Substitute hot beverages
                            Plus those would make great gift ideas for the displaced Jackrabbit fans out there, not to mention that they would be much easier to purchase and wrap or mail to someone than SDSU ice cream. Nothing against SDSU ice cream mind you, in fact I love it.
                            Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 07-06-2009, 01:05 PM. Reason: forgot to finish my sentence initially. I'm an Idiot.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              Ugggg. Aramark popcorn.

Here's a tip....buy the bags of popcorn. They usually aren't packaged ahead of time (you have to head to the main concessions for those).
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I thought the same thing last offseason.
                                I think your team should be good this year, though. They did lose that big guy down low but they have several players back that got plenty of playing time. SMSU should be in the top 2 or 3 in the conference. I don't follow it that well but from what I know, they could be the favorites. I might have to follow that league better now that the NCC is gone.
                                I just think that SDSU will be much better this year. They lost so many games at the buzzer last year that should be W's this year. There should be about 8 games better this year than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X