Summit League Tournament: Game One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tournament: Game One

I would hope that having an NCAA tournament bid as the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will cause the men to snap out of whatever funk let them give up a 19-point run to a bad team yesterday.

One thing I know: We should have beaten ORU on Thursday, and we get another chance at them in what is essentially a home game. ORU feels like it owns the conference tourney. It would sure be sweet to knock them out in the first round if only to see the reaction from that obnoxious Jarvis kid. (Sorry: Heard some stories from athletic department about how the ORU players interacted with people in Brookings... not a fan.)
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I would hope that having an NCAA tournament bid as the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will cause the men to snap out of whatever funk let them give up a 19-point run to a bad team yesterday.

One thing I know: We should have beaten ORU on Thursday, and we get another chance at them in what is essentially a home game. ORU feels like it owns the conference tourney. It would sure be sweet to knock them out in the first round if only to see the reaction from that obnoxious Jarvis kid. (Sorry: Heard some stories from athletic department about how the ORU players interacted with people in Brookings... not a fan.)
      Have the feeling that the men are thinking the tourney game will be one more knife in the heart and they would just as soon turn in their sneakers and wait till next year. Some one on that team needs to think about becoming a leader. They won't be able to use the old we have no seniors on the starting five because they will. They won't be able to use the we aren't that experienced and young excuse any more because they are experienced. They all need to work on getting physical, both mentally and physique wise. They need to forget the past, and think for the now and the future. Some one needs to step up.

Oh and RIP Paul Harvey , gonna miss The Rest of the Story.

Comment

Does the SF Arena qualify as "home" or "road"? It's NOT Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by packer_tattoo View Post

neither. its a neutral site, sort of

Comment

Originally posted by packer_tattoo View Post
            I said "essentially" a home game. I'm quite aware the the Arena is not Frost.

What makes a home game? Home fans. We'll have a bunch of fans there. In my mind, it's essentially a home game. Also, they guys will sleep in their own beds, eat at a familiar place, etc.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It is a neutral game, but let's be honest ... it is more of a home game for us than it is for the rest of the teams in the tourney.

We need to show up to the games and show the Summit that South Dakota takes its basketball very seriously.

Comment

What makes a home game? Home fans. We'll have a bunch of fans there. In my mind, it's essentially a home game. Also, they guys will sleep in their own beds, eat at a familiar place, etc.
                This might be all we need to pull an upset, and ORU is very confident about owning the Summit League in men's bb.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  Have the feeling that the men are thinking the tourney game will be one more knife in the heart and they would just as soon turn in their sneakers and wait till next year. Some one on that team needs to think about becoming a leader. They won't be able to use the old we have no seniors on the starting five because they will. They won't be able to use the we aren't that experienced and young excuse any more because they are experienced. They all need to work on getting physical, both mentally and physique wise. They need to forget the past, and think for the now and the future. Some one needs to step up.

Oh and RIP Paul Harvey , gonna miss The Rest of the Story.
                  Are you kidding me? Turn the sneakers in? One of their major goals had to be to be in the tournament (I'm sure they had much more ambitious goals then that) and they are in. I would hope that anyone with that thought would turn in his sneakers and do the team a favor and leave the team.

They have been waiting for the chance to compete in the conference tournament for five years! They have to be jacked up to compete. Not just be there either but to play to win the whole damn thing!

Maybe we have a bunch of fans that need to turn in their loafers!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Got a bunch of fans here that must need ankle supports cos their ankles must be really hurting all the jumping on and off the bandwagon during the season.

Comment

Haven't hurt my ankles for jumping off the bandwagon yet. I want these guys to succeed and it hurts when they play the way they do in games they should win. I want the men to win so bad it hurts! The Centenary game just got me down. Nagy just sounded so down when he talked to Steve on WNAX.
                      Hopefully they play their butts off in SF and get the attitude that they are winners and carry it in to next season and get the fire to succeed and be the winners that they are.

Comment

One and done.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                          Got a bunch of fans here that must need ankle supports cos their ankles must be really hurting all the jumping on and off the bandwagon during the season.
                          Aint over until its over and I am not looking for my ankle supports, but with all these close losses, its been tough on the guys. A bunch of us fans would really have given up, but I think they might feel defeated but have not given up. Yeap we could surpise a lot people in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            All I know is there are NO MORE ROAD GAMES THIS YEAR!

We can beat anybody at home!

SUPERBUNNY
                            The only road game left will be in the big dance as a 16 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                              One and done.

Thats a shocker of a prediction.

By the way, in 2005 , Oakland went to the NCAA tourney and won the play in game. Oakland had a regular season record of 12-18 that year. So nothing is impossible.
                              Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 03-01-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

My comment was asking if a win at the arena would be considered a "road-win". Geez...change your patch and quit being so sensitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X