Summit League Tournament: Game One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament: Game One

Well, the regular season could have gone better, but here we are, in the conference tournament.

Stranger things have happened than a #7 seed winning a conference tournament. It certainly won't be easy, but as we all know, "that's why you play the game."
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Summit League Tournament: Game One

Jacks likely to play ORU, but an outside chance that it will be NDSU Saturday night in the second game of the evening session.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      Jacks likely to play ORU, but an outside chance that it will be NDSU Saturday night in the second game of the evening session.
      ....thinking about heading into that one on the embryonic stage of a bender. If we win, I'll already have a joyous buzz about me; if we lose, I'll have a good start on my Sunday hangover.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        ....thinking about heading into that one on the embryonic stage of a bender. If we win, I'll already have a joyous buzz about me; if we lose, I'll have a good start on my Sunday hangover.

for some weird reason this seems both extremely funny and extremely rational, the perfect mix at this moment... thank you and a passel of rep points coming your way

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          for some weird reason this seems both extremely funny and extremely rational, the perfect mix at this moment... thank you and a passel of rep points coming your way
          How much is a passel? I have never heard that term. Pardon my ignorance, but could someone enlighten me?
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            How much is a passel? I have never heard that term. Pardon my ignorance, but could someone enlighten me?
            It's kind of of a vague amount. "a large amount"

Comment

Well, it looks like we'll have to sit for another year with no wins on the road in the conference, but here's to hoping we can pull an upset at the Summit Tourney next weekend. It'll be tough, but we'll have more of a home game advantage than any other team in the tournament.

I cannot believe how that hump is becoming such a mountain for us. We are a young inexperienced team. It will just take some time.

I hope we get ORU instead of NDSU in the first game.

Comment

I want NDSU. Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I want NDSU. Bring it on!
                  Do we get the loser of the NDSU/ORU game tonight or do the other games tonight affect who we play as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Do we get the loser of the NDSU/ORU game tonight or do the other games tonight affect who we play as well?
                    We get the loser.

Comment

Good luck to the Jacks. I have said my peace.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                        Good luck to the Jacks. I have said my peace.
                        Good post. At least you didn't give us a "peace" of your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Well, the regular season could have gone better, but here we are, in the conference tournament.

Stranger things have happened than a #7 seed winning a conference tournament. It certainly won't be easy, but as we all know, "that's why you play the game."
                          I think I would be easier in our league than most leagues! We are not over matched by NDSU or ORU to the extent that we feel we can not win that game!

If we get ORU we need to just ride Jarvis, I feel he is just a Cocky Gunner and people can get in his head and he plays no defense. Let the REFS no early before the game starts that Lewis will hook the defender on the baseline and then he has no game!

Comment

Imming said that for ORU to get the top seed they had to win and one other game had to go their way, but I don't remember which game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Imming said that for ORU to get the top seed they had to win and one other game had to go their way, but I don't remember which game.
                              NDSU is the #1 seed

ORU is the #2 seed and they get the JACKS!

Comment

Working...
                              X