Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want it so bad it hurts!

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Just a question...Wasn't Johnston a Grad Assistant under Nagy?
    I believe he was, but of course these two will say that has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
      I'll buy into that. Here is opinion with factual basis, we have lost 20, 24, 21, and now 20 games this year? We have a four year winning percentage of roughly 30%. How many more years of this do we have to endure? USD has a great season going? They have the same type of schedule that we had at our beginning in DI. NDSU is winning. How many more years? KUlawJack, with all your wisdom, please answer this factual based question.
      I think you perceive my sarcasm for omnipotence, which I will take as a compliment, but just so you know, its misplaced as I cannot predict the future. As numerous posters have previously stated, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, this team has made strides this season. We realize we still don't have a closer to get the job done at the end of games and have lost a million in a row on the road, but Nagy can't shoot the GD ball for them in the clutch.

FACT - We are in the conference tournament.
      FACT - We have more than doubled our conference wins from last year.
      FACT - In the last four years, the trials and tribulations of our program have been pretty high with players leaving for numerous reasons - only one left because of the coach and he hated being at State as well. TRANSLATION - Continuity has been hard to come by.
      FACT - We have a solid recruiting class coming in to build up our bench.
      FACT - We will start 2 seniors and probably 3 juniors next year for the first time in a LONG DAMN TIME. Success at our level depends on some serious experience. E.g., NDSU, ORU, Oakland.
      FACT - I am done talking about this because neither of us are going to change our minds.

I appreciate your factual based assertions, but my analysis of the facts presented and your facts leads me to believe that we won't be "enduring" any seasons like the previous three before this one (ONCE AGAIN WE ARE IN THE TOURNAMENT - THIS YEAR CAN HARDLY BE CONSIDERED AN UTTER FAILURE).
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Can we get Nagy and Johnston to switch teams next year then? That way no one loses their job, one program would go from 28-2 to 20-10, while the other would go from 12-20 to 20-10. We would have two 20 win teams.

Hmmm...I would think those records might be pretty close without switching coaches. The men are obviously going to be better next year, and the women will find it hard to equal this season's success. Although, I still don't know if the women will lose ten games next year and the men might be hardpressed to win twenty. I would guess 6 losses for the women, and 18 wins for the men.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          I believe he was, but of course these two will say that has nothing to do with it.
          Must have learned what NOT to do as a coach during that time

Comment

Can we get Nagy and Johnston to switch teams next year then? That way no one loses their job, one program would go from 28-2 to 20-10, while the other would go from 12-20 to 20-10. We would have two 20 win teams.
            WTF??? You have had some interesting posts on here but that one takes the cake! Seriously? I mean Seriously?

Boots and Billeter? Again, WTF? Let's see how Boots does in transition before we start singing his praises. Probably hard to compare because with the Udots watered down schedule there is no doubt they will have more wins. Nagy owned Boots in D2!

I started this thread and sure wish I hadn't. The one positive is that it has given Rabbit Boy and Just In the Crowd a chance to distinguish themselves.

Somebody please teach me how the ignore button works!

WOW!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I think you perceive my sarcasm for omnipotence, which I will take as a compliment, but just so you know, its misplaced as I cannot predict the future. As numerous posters have previously stated, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, this team has made strides this season. We realize we still don't have a closer to get the job done at the end of games and have lost a million in a row on the road, but Nagy can't shoot the GD ball for them in the clutch.

FACT - We are in the conference tournament.
              FACT - We have more than doubled our conference wins from last year.
              FACT - In the last four years, the trials and tribulations of our program have been pretty high with players leaving for numerous reasons - only one left because of the coach and he hated being at State as well. TRANSLATION - Continuity has been hard to come by.
              FACT - We will start 2 seniors and probably 3 juniors next year for the first time in a LONG DAMN TIME. Success at our level depends on some serious experience. E.g., NDSU, ORU, Oakland.
              FACT - I am done talking about this because neither of us are going to change our minds.

I appreciate your factual based assertions, but my analysis of the facts presented and your facts leads me to believe that we won't be "enduring" any seasons like the previous three before this one (ONCE AGAIN WE ARE IN THE TOURNAMENT - THIS YEAR CAN HARDLY BE CONSIDERED AN UTTER FAILURE).
              AMEN!!!

May the good people of Jackrabbit Nation annoint you with many rep points for your CORRECT FACT BASED ANALYSIS!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                WTF??? You have had some interesting posts on here but that one takes the cake! Seriously? I mean Seriously?

Boots and Billeter? Again, WTF? Let's see how Boots does in transition before we start singing his praises. Probably hard to compare because with the Udots watered down schedule there is no doubt they will have more wins. Nagy owned Boots in D2!

I started this thread and sure wish I hadn't. The one positive is that it has given Rabbit Boy and Just In the Crowd a chance to distinguish themselves.

Somebody please teach me how the ignore button works!

WOW!

SUPERBUNNY
                It's very simple, on the left side of the User CP is the edit ignore list, click that add someone's name and then presto, ignored

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  It's very simple, on the left side of the User CP is the edit ignore list, click that add someone's name and then presto, ignored
                  Rep points mango4!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Serenity now!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Rep points mango4!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Serenity now!

SUPERBUNNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4

Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

AMEN!!!

May the good people of Jackrabbit Nation annoint you with many rep points for your CORRECT FACT BASED ANALYSIS!

SUPERBUNNY
                      These are facts?

Did you personally talk to each player that left, and they said this?

Small town players that have no other DI schools interested in them make for a solid recruiting class? This question is fact, as the Schoolers dude stated it on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Peo...%20Snoring.wav

Comment

These are facts?

Small town players that have no other DI schools interested in them make for a solid recruiting class? This question is fact, as the Schoolers dude stated it on this board.
                          Are you talking about White and Fiegen?? If you are, why would DI schools be interested in them when they verballed as sophomores?

Comment

These are facts?

Okay one more time. And then I am done.

FACT - One left because of Nagy/his distaste for being at SDSU as has been highlighted on this board previously. The others left for personal reasons or tribulations off the court. This has been discussed ad nauseum and if you think that isn't fact then fine. But it is. One of my roommates/best friends was a basketball player at SDSU in years past so I know a lot more than you do about the trials of that team. Take that to the bank.

FACT - Recruiting class is solid and I do not base it on what Cadsev has said, though he may know a little bit of what he speaks. White and Fiegen are solid recruits. If you don't believe that, you know less about basketball than your posts even say, which is hard to believe.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'll buy into that. Here is opinion with factual basis, we have lost 20, 24, 21, and now 20 games this year? We have a four year winning percentage of roughly 30%. How many more years of this do we have to endure? USD has a great season going? They have the same type of schedule that we had at our beginning in DI. NDSU is winning. How many more years? KUlawJack, with all your wisdom, please answer this factual based question.
                              While I think it is nice that you tried to use facts to make your argument, it is clear that you aren't used to trying to use them because you are factually wrong.

SDSU is 12-18 overall and 7-10 in the Summit League.

Also if you look at SDSU's 1st year vs. USD's 1st year schedules you will also see that you are factually wrong.

SDSU played

D-I = 13
                              Transitional D-I = 3
                              D-II = 7
                              NAIA = 4

USD will play

D-I = 4
                              Transtional D-I = 8
                              D-II = 8
                              NAIA = 9

Comment

Duplicate of the other thread:

OK, there are basically two sides in this, and actually pretty close to the same number of repeated posters on both sides.

Side A: Since the transition we have basically had 20+ loss seasons, no stability, a repeatedly inability to win close games at the end that has not changed throughout this season, and are 0-17 on the road in conference. This is situation that indicates the program is and has been headed in the wrong direction. A change needs to be made.

Side B: Transition in men's BB is the hardest sport to find success in. Much of the inconsistency has nothing to do with the coach of the team and he should not take the blame. We have a very young team that has improved its record the last two years and next year should be very good. We have one of the best recruiting classes on paper coming in. The program has turned the corner and a change now would only set things back.

You know what? Both sides are actually positions that I could envision being articulated at a press conference by the President or Athletic Director when asked why Coach Nagy is or is not still the coach at SDSU. Most people would listen to that and say, "Not sure if I agree, but I understand why the decision was made."

Since I don't think anybody on this board is President Chicoine or the new AD, I think we should all take the immortal advice of one of the best basketball coaches in the country that just got his 800th win. In other words, "Just shut up."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X