I want it so bad it hurts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want it so bad it hurts!

I've had time to calm down after the ORU game tonight. That game hurt because you want it for the kids.

These guys are playing their hearts out and are so close to becoming a winner on the road as well as at home. There have been so many close games this year. Some games they haven't played well down the stretch, some games just didn't go their way, and there have been a few absolute stunners.

There's a multitude of reasons that have been served up here. Lack of talent, young team, coaching, recruiting, lack of intensity, or just flat snakebit.

I'm not buying into it! They beat Oakland, Iowa State, and a few other good teams. They had NDSU and ORU dead to rights! Let's tip our hat to them for hanging around and getting the win when we faltered. Let's also acknowledge that a lot of progress has been made. The other teams in the conference know we are getting better. They see we have plenty of talent and that the coaches have them ready to play!
    Hey, I'm not into moral victories. Hell, no! This loss hurt. It should have been a W! The opportunity was right there.

What I am excited about is that they are in almost every game and get to finish the season with the conference tournament in our back yard. These men will figure it out. When they do everyone in the Summit League will take notice because they know the Jacks are going to be tough to beat when it happens with the players and coaches we have RIGHT NOW!

With the support of a good crowd in Sioux Falls the Summit League Championship might just be our coming out party. I know we all want them to break through!

It's going to happen. Gosh darn it, its going to happen soon!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: I want it so bad it hurts!

That's what she said.

Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitobserver View Post
      that's what she said.

rofl :d

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        That's what she said.

And post of the night goes to RO!

Comment

I've got to give him credit. I laughed out loud!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Or as said by Stewart Smalley

I am good enough
            I am smart enough
            and gosh darnitt people like me.

well said SuperB.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Good post Superbunny! Let's finish the regular season right - with a road W that we have been working for all year.

Let's go Jacks!

Comment

Right on SuperB! I talk to people about State and tell them about all the close losses and what might have been (add ORU to the latest loss where we fell apart late). Part of me is proud that a new D1 program can hang with so many good teams and part of me always wonders what could have been. What if we had one or two more good players? What if we had TWO Codova's tonight!

The future is promising and I'll be there to see it!

Comment

My ears are still hot and I just looked in the mirro and my face is still red. This one would have been special.

Comment

We have to accept we in over our heads in terms of talent and coaching. The players we have are doing their best and I have a great amount of respect for them. I just wish the coaches would quit blaming them, accept their share of the repsonsibility and do the mature thing and resign and give someone capable of doing the job an opportunity to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                      We have to accept we in over our heads in terms of talent and coaching. The players we have are doing their best and I have a great amount of respect for them. I just wish the coaches would quit blaming them, accept their share of the repsonsibility and do the mature thing and resign and give someone capable of doing the job an opportunity to do so.

What a joke. You're going to sit there with a straight-face and try and tell the rest of us on this board you have any kind of respect for anyone on this team?

Grow up....You sound like a sniviling little 15 year old who got his girlfriend taken away by Coach Nagy.
                      Would you like to blame anything else on the guy? Maybe the World's economy, maybe Iraq, heck world hunger??

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                        Rep points rabbit_boy. Think how good we would be with Boots or Billeter.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          Grow up....You sound like a sniviling little 15 year old who got his girlfriend taken away by Coach Nagy.
                          Would you like to blame anything else on the guy? Maybe the World's economy, maybe Iraq, heck world hunger??

Go Jacks!!
                          Maybe that's what happened to piss Rabbit Boy off. I opined in the game thread that maybe Nagy had punched his mother in the throat sometime in the past, but maybe he grew up with Nagy and Nagy stole his gf from him. I really don't know what it is, but Nagy really pisses rabbit boy off. I was a doubter at the beginning of the season. I admit it. But I really honestly think this team is only a couple steps from clicking and bringing SDSU basketball back to where we think it should be.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                            Rep points rabbit_boy. Think how good we would be with Boots or Billeter.
                            You should preface that post with a disclaimer. Something like this:

***RIDICULOUS OPINION BASED ON NO FACTS FOLLOWS***
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Aren't all posts opinions?

Comment

Working...
                              X