2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 recruits

I now have an extra two all-session lower-level season tickets for the Summit Tournament (best that could be obtained on opening day of sales in Sioux Falls). They are in Section U, Row 6, Seats 12-13. Will sell at face value to Jackrabbit fan(s). PM me if you're interested (forget it Bison followers).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      I now have an extra two all-session lower-level season tickets for the Summit Tournament (best that could be obtained on opening day of sales in Sioux Falls). They are in Section U, Row 6, Seats 12-13. Will sell at face value to Jackrabbit fan(s). PM me if you're interested (forget it Bison followers).
      Hey I just read this post over on another thread. I hope this not a spammer using Jacs#1Fan, handle. Seriously, I would be interested if not for work and other matters.

Comment

Cory Jacobsen has been named to the All-State first team for Class B.

Comment

Does anybody know how Horstman did this weekend at the Schoolers tournament?
          and what about Jacobson?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            Does anybody know how Horstman did this weekend at the Schoolers tournament?
            and what about Jacobson?
            Horstman
            Fatigued a bit from prom but played outstanding. Turned many heads in the three games he played and was the "buzz" on Sunday. Many commented that SDSU got a steal in this recruit. Showed a great deal of athleticism taking one off the bounce along the baseline and putting it down but the most memorable drive was down the middle of the lane in traffic and looked like a layup but he finished with a dunk. That play drew some ooh's and ah's. He's got room for improvment but gets better all the time.

Jacobson
            Played solid at the PG position. Made some defensive mistakes but handled the offense and ran the show effectively. Compliments Derek Brown nicely. Will be one to watch by SDSU all season long, needs to improve on lateral quickness for the next level. He shot the ball well all weekend.

Sidenote...Derek Brown was solid all weekend. Many were surprised by his shooting ability and overall basketball IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
              Horstman
              Sidenote...Derek Brown was solid all weekend. Many were surprised by his shooting ability and overall basketball IQ.
              I'm surprised people would be surprised that Johnny Brown's son would have a high basketball IQ. Maybe those people don't know Johnny Brown and the Brown family.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I'm surprised people would be surprised that Johnny Brown's son would have a high basketball IQ. Maybe those people don't know Johnny Brown and the Brown family.
                Speaking of Derek Brown, where is he going to end up? I know we were interested in him at one time but I'm guessing not any longer.

Comment

He had a rough Jr. year. Clark was a bit down, but I would expect him to have a big Sr. season. I think he may be a high Div II player. Derek can shoot with the best of them. It will be interesting to see. I know with my conversations with him he is interested in attending SDSU, but I think if another offer came up he may not pass it up. His brother Mike is competing for the starting quarterback position at Northern this year.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Speaking of Derek Brown, where is he going to end up? I know we were interested in him at one time but I'm guessing not any longer.
                    I know at one time Nagy was looking at Brown for basketball and Stig was looking at him for football. But the fact Nagy is done recruiting for the next two years and Stig is stacked up at quarterback. Makes his chances of being a Jackrabbit are slim, unless he plays DB exceptionally well.

Comment

Looks like the Jacks have an offer out to a 6'6 PG from Wisconsin.

Paul Jesperson

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...2&pr_key=88940

Comment

Some tidbits about Jesperson,

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoop...=123&id=955515

Comment

This explains who Nagy was looking at in Milwaukee via his Twitter status. It would be big for the Men's program if they land a Wisconsin kid and maybe turn them into a "Pipeline" state for future recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                            Jesperson's coach is Kurt Soderberg. After googling him (as I was trying to find out if he was related to Brad Soderberg), I found out (if it is the same Kurt Soderberg) he got his Masters at South Dakota State in 1995. So there is where possibly the connection to finding Jesperson.

Now I may be wrong.

Comment

Story from 7/22/09 IowaPreps on Josh Oglesby of Cedar Rapids...reports he's received an offer from South Dakota State.

July 22, 2009
                              Luke Feddersen
                              IowaPreps.com Editor
                              Related Links:
                              Top 75 in 20112011 Offer ListTop Wing Guards in 2011
                              Talk about it in Off the Record

Cedar Rapids Washington wing guard Josh Oglesby has worked hard to make a name for himself in the Class of 2011. That work ethic has paid off as this junior recently received his first basketball scholarship offer.
                              Josh Oglesby "Yeah, it was by South Dakota State. Greg (Stephens) told me that they were going to. It was during the tournament but it didn't really matter much during the tournament. After, I thought it was pretty cool. I just wanted to win and think about that later on."
                              It is definitely a relief for Oglesby to have the first offer on the table.
                              "It feels good now because I know if anything happens, I can always rely on something. I know I can play college basketball now."
                              Oglesby still is working on find out more about the Jack Rabbits.
                              "I haven't learned too much about them. They sent me a couple of letters and they came to my games in Milwaukee and Chicago. Right now, I don't know much about them."
                              A number of other schools are after Oglesby and his skills on the court.
                              "It has been Missouri State, Iowa, Iowa State, UNI, Detroit, Wright State, Nevada, North Dakota, Albany, and all the schools in the Missouri Valley."
                              Oglesby may have an offer on the table but don't expect a decision in the near future.
                              "I'm going to play this year of high school basketball and play my junior year for AAU. Then hopefully I can make my decision after the start of my senior year or during my senior year."
                              Next month will give Oglesby a chance to showcase his skills at a few different elite camps.
                              "Indiana called and wants me to go to their camp. So does Marquette. I am going to Iowa and I'll try to make Indiana and Marquette. I'll be busy in August."
                              Oglesby has been using the summer to also stay busy on the baseball diamond.
                              "We are ranked third in the State. We will play in the substate and we have been doing pretty well."
                              Juggling two sports during the summer is something Oglesby is now used to.
                              "It has not been that bad. I have morning workouts (for basketball) from 10 to 12 and baseball is from 2 until later on in the night. I think it's not that bad to work both in."

Comment

According to this link, Horstman is averaging 8.5 points per game. I believe the Schoolers were placed in the pool of the top 8 teams in the Reebok Summer Championships down in Vegas. The only one ahead of him in points is Cody Larson. No other stats were listed.

http://www.proroster.com/events/5/teams/292279

Comment

Working...
                                X