2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

The Gophers just got a commit from a JUCO forward that fills their available scholarships - you would think that would take them out of the running for Crayton.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The Gophers just got a commit from a JUCO forward that fills their available scholarships - you would think that would take them out of the running for Crayton.
      And Wolters

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        And Wolters
        Good one NVJ!

Comment

Great to see that Zach Horstman was the Argus Leader's POY, and that Cory Jacobson was on the first five. With Chad White, Tony Fiegen and Braydon Carlson already on the team, that makes five players that were Top 5 selections for South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If Minnesota is SDSUs competition there will be plenty of mid-majors calling.

I've always felt that Crayton would be a better sign than Cougill and would have a bigger impact.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              Great to see that Zach Horstman was the Argus Leader's POY, and that Cory Jacobson was on the first five. With Chad White, Tony Fiegen and Braydon Carlson already on the team, that makes five players that were Top 5 selections for South Dakota.
              Argus Article on the award

Comment

Anybody know if Wisconsin Green Bay has a fan board?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Reports are that Washpun committed to Iowa today. Some people in Fargo aren't too happy about this, rumors on message boards and twitter were he was close to verballing to NDSU until Iowa came in. He is a classmate of another Iowa recruit Josh Ogelsby

Jeff Kolpeck the beat writer in Fargo is the one reporting this on his twitter page.
                  Washpun committs to UT.Kind of a shocker.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/...-commits-vols/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Washpun committs to UT.Kind of a shocker.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/...-commits-vols/
                    I somewhat agree. Iowa is at the bottom of the Big Ten & Tennessee is at the top of the SEC. His team will have more success there most likely, although I'm not sure if he'll have more individual success.

Missouri State was on him for a while and Iowa had him as an afterthought until recently. His comment in an article about mid-majors being on the rise and respecting coach's that were recruiting him for a while I think tells a lot. I don't think Iowa gave him much respect until recently when they didn't get their guy(s). I think it's a good choice by him even if he's a big Iowa fan.

For those that don't know, Missouri State's coach recently was hired as the Tennessee coach. Wes was offerred while this coach was at Missouri State.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      I somewhat agree. Iowa is at the bottom of the Big Ten & Tennessee is at the top of the SEC. His team will have more success there most likely, although I'm not sure if he'll have more individual success.

Missouri State was on him for a while and Iowa had him as an afterthought until recently. His comment in an article about mid-majors being on the rise and respecting coach's that were recruiting him for a while I think tells a lot. I don't think Iowa gave him much respect until recently when they didn't get their guy(s). I think it's a good choice by him even if he's a big Iowa fan.

For those that don't know, Missouri State's coach recently was hired as the Tennessee coach. Wes was offerred while this coach was at Missouri State.
                      Wes is a self-proclaimed life time Iowa fan, who lives about 20 miles from Iowa City. Also, right now, they only have 1 point guard who be a senior.

Ut signed a 4 star point guard and are generally guard heavy. While there's no question they are the better program, i expect the NCAA is going to slap them around pretty hard in the next year. Those are the reasons this is surprising to me.

Comment

I'm guessing its the coach, he seemed to be close to committing to MO-State before the coaching change. I was shocked he didn't commit to Iowa though, Iowa's recruit Josh Ogelsby is a high school teammate of his. I don't know what he did to raise his stock but from what I understood he was really close to committing to NDSU about a month ago when he was on an official visit their.

Tennessee isn't out of the woods yet with the NCAA though, they can say they fired their coach and that was the problem but between the football, basketball and even the baseball team they have upset a few within the NCAA and firing a coach might not eliminate the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          If Minnesota is SDSUs competition there will be plenty of mid-majors calling.

I've always felt that Crayton would be a better sign than Cougill and would have a bigger impact.

I'd take both of them!

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                            Anybody know if Wisconsin Green Bay has a fan board?
                            http://p2.forumforfree.com/viewforum...um=uwgbphoenix

Comment

Thanks to Kermit for the link to Green Bays board. There is some good discussion over there about Cougill. Here is a link with a little video. Enjoy

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Kir...112004264.html

Comment

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/even...roup/homepage/

Comment

Working...
                                X