Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Great stuff! Do you do Twitter? If so, put your name up here to follow.
    I used to twitter under twitter.com/minneapolisjack but I shut down the account a couple months ago. I'm not sure how often I'll post on this blog but hopefully I'll find the time to keep it up and post once a week. We are blessed to have good coverage from Terry V and the Argus so there isn't much more that I can add but I like to have something to play around with in my spare time.

PS- You should center the "Jackrabbit Den" on the page
    The header comes up as centered when I view it, is anybody else having an issue? I'll probably replace it eventually anyways as I just made that up quick to get something going.

Comment

FYI,

It is off-center for me as well & cuts off on the right hand side. Nice job on the content though - much appreciated.

*Edit - it appears correctly for me now - not sure if you made a change or not.
      Last edited by HoboJack; 02-22-2011, 05:26 AM. Reason: Revised

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        I used to twitter under twitter.com/minneapolisjack but I shut down the account a couple months ago. I'm not sure how often I'll post on this blog but hopefully I'll find the time to keep it up and post once a week. We are blessed to have good coverage from Terry V and the Argus so there isn't much more that I can add but I like to have something to play around with in my spare time.

The header comes up as centered when I view it, is anybody else having an issue? I'll probably replace it eventually anyways as I just made that up quick to get something going.

Well that explains why I was trying to figure out where MinneapolisJack went! I used to follow you on Twitter, as well.

And the website heading is centered now. Don't know if you changed anything.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Website was centered for me.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Website was centered for me. I am using Safari on an Apple laptop.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Nice stuff Mitchell. Minnesota Preps has reported we have some interest in TJ Okafor 6-6 small foward from Brooklyn Park and Marquel Curtis 6-2 shooting guard from Robbinsdale. I have also read that UNI, Wichita State, and Nebraska are now interested in Wes Washpun. He sounds like he would be a great get if he came to us.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                Nice stuff Mitchell. Minnesota Preps has reported we have some interest in TJ Okafor 6-6 small foward from Brooklyn Park and Marquel Curtis 6-2 shooting guard from Robbinsdale. I have also read that UNI, Wichita State, and Nebraska are now interested in Wes Washpun. He sounds like he would be a great get if he came to us.
                almost positive I saw Okafor at the W. Ill. game...his brother plays for the Leathernecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                  almost positive I saw Okafor at the W. Ill. game...his brother plays for the Leathernecks.
                  Cousin.

Comment

I think we might have to look at the kid from Pine Ridge, Orie Brown. He wasn't really all that much last year but he outplayed Zach when Pine Ridge beat Winner and really seems to have been playing good all year.

Comment

It looks like Regionals begin this week in Illinois H.S. basketball. Here's a write up on Fremd HS, home of future Rabbit Zach Monaghan.

http://markganzersblog.blogspot.com/...wn-finale.html

FREMD VIKINGS (17-9) 4A
                      • No. 5 seed in Barrington Sectional (Fremd Regional)
                      • Co-champs of Mid-Suburban League West Division
                      • First game 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 2 vs. winner of Rolling Meadows vs. Round Lake
                      Projection: Led by South Dakota State-bound guard Zach Monaghan, the Vikings overcame key injuries early and at mid-season to post another excellent campaign. Once they put their full complement of talented players on the court, Fremd finished the season with nine wins in their last 12 outings and a share of the Mid-Suburban League’s West Division championship. They have size, depth, and a star in the aforementioned Monaghan, a guard who can win a game single-handed with his outside shot and contributes mightily with steals and defense on average nights. The Vikings were given a huge advantage in hosting a regional that lacks a dominant team. Zion-Benton is seeded higher than Fremd, but is young and a year away. Fremd took care of Rolling Meadows, its first opponent, with ease during the regular season, and if they can keep freshman sensation Milik Yarbrough from overwhelming them, they can most definitely topple a young Zion-Benton team in the Regional championship.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Late signing day is April 12th.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          It looks like Regionals begin this week in Illinois H.S. basketball. Here's a write up on Fremd HS, home of future Rabbit Zach Monaghan.

http://markganzersblog.blogspot.com/...wn-finale.html
                          Fremd won this game 57 to 17 Zach Monaghan had 18 pts 5 assists 3 steals. in case anybody was interested.

Comment

saw on the new Van Coleman website that we have interest in Ronnie Boggs -G Moberly CC. 6'4 guard. 15 ppg, 6rbg.. Juco All American at Division II. Anyone else hear prospects from JUCO?

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                              saw on the new Van Coleman website that we have interest in Ronnie Boggs -G Moberly CC. 6'4 guard. 15 ppg, 6rbg.. Juco All American at Division II. Anyone else hear prospects from JUCO?
                              I heard that they are looking at bringing in another guard this year, as well as 2 post players. That was the plan of action.

The two bigs that they are actively recruiting are

Brennan Cougill- Iowa/Kirkwood CC (the Jacks have had a coach at most of his games this year according to the local paper) supposedly he has lost 30 lbs and really developed a post game

Jarrell Crayton- Sheridan CC - They played BHSU in an exhibition this year, the players told me he was the best guy they played this year (they played Northern Colorado) and was a very athletic player. hes 6'7" really athletic, from Omaha, supposedly participated in camps both at SDSU and USD growing up.

On a kinda related note I heard Cory Jacobson is going to DWU? Can anyone confirm that? I heard it last night, the guy didn't know if it was for football, basketball or both.

Comment

Wes Washpun from Cedar Rapids - 6'0 guard listed....

Comment

Working...
                                X