2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruiting List

Just added PG Wes Washpun to the list per Terry V's tweet. A 6'0" PG from Cedar Rapids Iowa.

twitter.com/terryvandrovec
    SDSU and NDSU reportedly have offers out to Cedar Rapids Washington PG Wes Washpun. http://bit.ly/9E2WRK

Comment

• Re: 2011 recruits

Paul Jesperson from Merrill,WI,who had a SDSU offer has commited to Virginia.

Comment

• Re: 2011 Recruiting List

I'm not sure if this has been posted already or not, so I apologize if it's already on here...

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoop...123&id=1165869

De Pere’s VanDenBergh receives second Division I scholarship offer

De Pere junior Brett VanDenBergh earned a scholarship offer from South Dakota State this week after helping the Wisconsin Playground Warriors capture championships in travel-team tournaments in Indiana and Kentucky.

VanDenBergh (6-5) missed the entire 2009-10 high school season with an injury, but has come back strong and now has scholarship offers from North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

An outstanding perimeter shooter with excellent size and physical strength, VanDenBergh is also receiving strong recruiting interest from both Green Bay and Milwaukee.

Comment

Darrius Vick had a very good summer playing basketball for the Nebraska Bison Red Team. He was their leading scorer in the five tournaments that they played in averaging 11.8 pts/game. That team was 18-8 for the summer while competing in the Jayhawk Invite, Indiana Shootout, King James Tournament, Adidas Super 64 in Las Vegas, and the Best of Summer in Anaheim.

He is being recruited actively for both football and basketball by SDSU and apparantly received offers in both sports by Colorado State. It will be interesting to see which sport he competes in at the next level. Zach Sterrup, one of the top linemen from Nebraska who has committed to the Huskers, played in some of the tournaments too.

http://www.nbda.net/Red%20Team/10DVick.html

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Paul Jesperson from Merrill,WI,who had a SDSU offer has commited to Virginia.
            I thought he was a real long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              Here's an article about Lindberg from Wissports.net.

http://wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/b...123&id=1149082

It mentions that USD & NDSU are starting to show interest as well. Sounds familiar from last year when we were on another PG early only to see some area programs try and jump in towards the end.
              Lindberg verballed to NDSU. Great sign for them.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Per Austin Hansen's twitter: SDSUJacksHoops

"Make that 2 commitments in the 2011 class! Big day 4 Jackrabbit basketball!"

Anyone have any idea who they are?
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                  Per Austin Hansen's twitter: SDSUJacksHoops

"Make that 2 commitments in the 2011 class! Big day 4 Jackrabbit basketball!"

Anyone have any idea who they are?
                  Don't know who the second one is, but the first is, of course, Zach Horstman of Winner. Will be interesting to see who the latest one is. Coach Nagy said on his twitter they have two more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Don't know who the second one is, but the first is, of course, Zach Horstman of Winner. Will be interesting to see who the latest one is. Coach Nagy said on his twitter they have two more to go.
                    According to this morning's Argus Leader, the other one is 6'2, 160 pound guard Zach Monaghan, from suburban Chicago. He also had offers from Eastern Illinois and North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                      According to this morning's Argus Leader, the other one is 6'2, 160 pound guard Zach Monaghan, from suburban Chicago. He also had offers from Eastern Illinois and North Dakota.
                      From TV's Argus site:

"More about Monaghan:

He was named co-conference player of the year as a junior, his second year as a starter, leading William Fremd to its first Mid-Suburban League title since 1998. When asked about his stats, he first recited the team's 24-2 record in the big-school class in Illinois.

He played summer ball for Next Level Performance, a rising group led by former NBA player Dickey Simpkins. Here's the only video I could find.

He didn't know anything about SDSU until the school started recruiting him over the summer. The Jacks made their offer in July and he visited campus twice. UND and Eastern Illinois also offered, while Creighton and Central Michigan were still showing interest. Why SDSU?
                      "I just liked the overall atmosphere," Monaghan said. "When you're from Chicago and a lot of people hear South Dakota, they think there's all these farm animals and stuff. Once I got down there, I knew it was a pretty sweet place. The coaching staff down there is one of a kind. I like the players a lot. It made my decision really easy."

Strengths: He can pass and shoot. Weaknesses: He's only 160 pounds so he needs time in the weight room.

Monaghan said that another Chicago-area player visited Brookings last weekend, too. Ryan Jackson is a 6-1 guard from Riverside-Brookfield and the Old Gold summer program. He reportedly has offers from the Jacks, Army and Chicago State with Wofford and Wisconsin-Green Bay still keeping tabs. Thanks again for all the support."

Comment

160 lbs is about as thin as they come...time to hit the weights young man.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Hopefully he will be as good as another 6'2" combo guard from Illinois, Garrett Callahan.

Look forward to following his progress this season.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballre...onaghan-116561
                          http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Welcome Zach! Congratulations on making a great decision!

Comment

Welcome Zach Monaghan!

Comment

From Chitown

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/story/?id=410109

Comment

Working...
                                X