2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 recruits

The Jacobsen kid is a legit recruit in this class. SDSU, USD, and NDSU have all been at games and in contact about this soph guard.

****Schooler Classic Promo*****

Viborg plays Hanson on Saturday at 5:20 in Sioux Falls at the Elmen Center in the Schooler Classic - wander out and catch a game between two top ranked Class B teams followed by a great game between Bellevue East and St. Thomas More. Make Cadsev happy and bring a friend!

Comment

Jacobson is probably the only other kid in the 2011 class that is on there radar.... there may be a few more that could emerge but I don't see it at least as of now....

Never seen him live but from what I have heard he is a lot like a Garrett Callahan, a good shooter pretty, good ball handler, pretty decent on defense, and is a basketball player.... height is between 5'11" and 6"1 depending on whose measuring......

Comment

Originally posted by Patkran View Post
        The Jacobsen kid is a legit recruit in this class. SDSU, USD, and NDSU have all been at games and in contact about this soph guard.

****Schooler Classic Promo*****

Viborg plays Hanson on Saturday at 5:20 in Sioux Falls at the Elmen Center in the Schooler Classic - wander out and catch a game between two top ranked Class B teams followed by a great game between Bellevue East and St. Thomas More. Make Cadsev happy and bring a friend!
        #2 Hanson lost to #5 Menno just the other night in Conference Championship! FYI

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
          #2 Hanson lost to #5 Menno just the other night in Conference Championship! FYI
          I don't know what that has to do because neither of there teams have anybody close to D-I recruit especially in the 2011 class.....

However I did read that Jacobson scored his 1,000 point.... hes a sophomore.... and its not like Louie K. situation where he is the only guy who can dribble on the team, and Viborg plays a pretty solid schedule for class B also....

Hopefully we offer soon and he accepts.... would be willing to bet that Nagy offers him this summer...

Comment

Horstman had 50 tonight. 11 of 15 on 3's.

That, my friends, is impressive!
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

He's going to look good in Yellow and Blue.

GO JACKS
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

I'm sorry but HOLY SHEIT!
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

From Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...c593313946.txt

PLATTE-GEDDES 78, WINNER 63: Top-ranked Class A Platte-Geddes earned a

78-63 win over No. 10 Winner in a Tuesday night boys basketball game in Winner.

The two teams were a combined 26-of-46 on 3-pointers in the ball game.

Collin Ringling’s double-double, 26 points and 10 rebounds along with Keith Cutler’s 20 point-effort helped offset the 50 points put up by the Warriors’ Zach Horstman, who had 11 of Winner’s 12

3-pointers in the game.

Very impressive point output and I wonder if 11 three's is any kind of record. Not much help from the rest of the team as they only put up 13 points combined. PG is a very good team, the Class A tourney should be a barnburner this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    From Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...c593313946.txt

PLATTE-GEDDES 78, WINNER 63: Top-ranked Class A Platte-Geddes earned a

78-63 win over No. 10 Winner in a Tuesday night boys basketball game in Winner.

The two teams were a combined 26-of-46 on 3-pointers in the ball game.

Collin Ringling’s double-double, 26 points and 10 rebounds along with Keith Cutler’s 20 point-effort helped offset the 50 points put up by the Warriors’ Zach Horstman, who had 11 of Winner’s 12

3-pointers in the game.

Very impressive point output and I wonder if 11 three's is any kind of record. Not much help from the rest of the team as they only put up 13 points combined. PG is a very good team, the Class A tourney should be a barnburner this year.
                    After Cory Jacobsen hit 11 (also in 15 attempts) in a game earlier this year we did some checking on the record. The record, regardless of class, in SD for 3's in a game is 12 held by, I believe, Troy Humpal of Wakonda. There are now 6-7 kids who have hit 11 in a game.

Comment

"Better days are ahead for us," said Scott Nagy. "Our time's coming." I think he was talking about next year; however, Horstmann sounds like a stud and a definite bright spot in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                        After Cory Jacobsen hit 11 (also in 15 attempts) in a game earlier this year we did some checking on the record. The record, regardless of class, in SD for 3's in a game is 12 held by, I believe, Troy Humpal of Wakonda. There are now 6-7 kids who have hit 11 in a game.
                        Hmm... didn't know my cousin held the record (shameless family plug) for 3's in a game, but it doesn't really suprise me, for if Troy got hot from the outside it was going to be a long night for the opposing team. Keen observation by trueblue as far as height as concerned, as Troy I believe was only 5'10 or so (hard to remember since I was pretty young when I watched him play and I don't always trust the perceptions of reality I had at that age ).
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

What I meant was there are 6 or 7 kids who are tied for 2nd with 11 in a game, not kids who are 6'7. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

I wonder how many of those kids were sophomores when they hit for 11 (and against a #1 team in their class as well)...and were 6'4". Horstman has a couple more years of high school competition...and a possible chance to add an inch or more. Just VERY glad to have him verbal us in his sophomore year before other schools got on the trail. And a final note, since he IS the standout without a lot of teammate help, you would have to believe that PG tried to hold him down.

Comment

I heard there were some college coaches at the game last night to watch Horstman. Didn't hear any names. I am guessing he will receive some opportunities to play above the mid-major level.
                              USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                                I heard there were some college coaches at the game last night to watch Horstman. Didn't hear any names. I am guessing he will receive some opportunities to play above the mid-major level.
                                When you get those names, let us know oh so wise one.

Comment

Working...
                                X