IPFW game thread (at Ft. Wayne)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW game thread (at Ft. Wayne)

I don't think I have ever listened to or witnessed a more uninspiring performance by any team at any level. Maybe we are saving plays for the home season or conserving energy for the next home games. I think its excuses like those made by others when a team loses to SWMS that lead to performances like this. Everyone including Coach Nagy is culpable when the team comes out and fails to perform like they did against SWMS and now like they are tonight.

Rip me all you want. I've been supporting this program for 20 years and will continue to do so. As part of that support I'm calling these guys out. This is embarrassing and should not be happening and can't be accepted.

47-14, its almost not believable. I'm done for now. I know the second half will be better, it can't be worse. Really disappointing and sad, I can't believe it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Now the girls have to come in there and play, I hope we dont have to listen to these guys then too.

Comment

They better get it together. If not this could be as bad a loss as the Iowa State was good.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This pathetic effort is going to bleed away a lot of the goodwill that was earned in the Iowa State win.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by newser View Post
            From WNAX...
            Bear with us folks....the wiring in Ft Wayne was installed by Alexander Graham Bell himself!
            Appreciate the effort but just have Steve cut the line and put Lars back on (I thought I would never say that).
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Bison and Oakland on channelsurfing.net its a lot better game.

Comment

David Carson 20
                SDSU 18

Comment

I began watching SDSU basketball in The Barn (actually I don't remember the game but I was there a couple times), the WORST HALF EVER FOR SDSU in my lifetime.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I don't think I have ever listened to or witnessed a more uninspiring performance by any team at any level.
                    I'm not going to rip you. In fact, I agree completely. There is no way this IPFW team, a pretty mediocre team, should be leading us by 37. They're 5-9 overall, 0-3 in the league. Yet our players apparently just thought they'd be able to phone this one in. Steve just wondered aloud if SDSU has ever trailed by 37 at the half before. Epic fail.

I'm with 1strowfanatic. I watched basketball in the barn, so I've seen a lot of games. That is the worst half I can remember in my nearly 4 decades of history with Jackrabbit basketball.

And to lose like this to Dane Fife is especially horrible. I've hated that guy since he BIT Duez Henderson in a game versus Iowa. He and Henderson were wrestling for a loose ball, and Fife effing bit him on the shoulder. What a total jerk.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

What can Nagy say at halftime? I mean really, if when they were down by 20 it didn't get them going, I can't imagine he sat silently during the timeouts. It has just gotten worse and worse. Down 37 at half. Unbelievable.

Has any heard if they got bad food and they all are battling food poisoning? How else can you explain a complete flop by the entire team. It may sound funny but I really am wondering if something like that happened.

Comment

Gawd, then I forgot they are starting a smaller lineup than us and are totally dominating us on the boards.

Comment

Carson 20 pts, 9 rebounds
                          Jacks 18 pts, 11 rebounds

Comment

Pretty somber mood in the family tonight. There are no words to describe this only disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Gawd, then I forgot they are starting a smaller lineup than us and are totally dominating us on the boards.
                              That's what's so frustrating. Nagy's teams rarely get out-rebounded by GOOD teams. These guys aren't good. We're just not trying. It's appalling.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just pray to God the girls are not watching this and eating, staying, or in any way doing what the guys did leading up to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X