2008-09 Season about to Tip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008-09 Season about to Tip off

Tough one to swallow for anybody with true Jackrabbit pride. Say what you want, its another sad day. What does it really mean? Ask some people tomorrow. Does it count? Maybe not in the official standings. Its a loss and that's a fact. We better learn something from this.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
      That sucked. Hate to say it but glad I didn't make the trip up.
      I think a lot of people are going to say that after a lot of games this year. Sorry, you can't lose exhibition games to lower division opponents and then market yourself as a "DI experience". Reality can be harsh.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Good thing the football team is still playing or there is little reason not to jump off the bridge.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I'm waiting for the optimists to help me lift my head. I can't use the exhibition game excuse or the injury excuse. I need another excuse or some sort of explanation.

Mind you, I know a fair amount about winning basketball and I haven't seen that at SDSU for awhile. That includes winning the big games at the end of our DII era. If you don't believe me take a look back.

Comment

Was busy all night, was VERY disappointed to flip on the radio and hear we lost.

That's all I'm gonna say about that.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              The Jacks better blow them out. At least beat them convincingly.
              Well....I can't imagine how this years gonna go.

Comment

This game was tough to watch. I will try and keep my head up though and look forward to the game in 11 days. Go JACKS!!

Comment

Not much to say. Hope the guys keep their chin up, keep playing hard and have as much fun as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I'm waiting for the optimists to help me lift my head. I can't use the exhibition game excuse or the injury excuse. I need another excuse or some sort of explanation.

Mind you, I know a fair amount about winning basketball and I haven't seen that at SDSU for awhile. That includes winning the big games at the end of our DII era. If you don't believe me take a look back.

I agree with you. Even with not running sets on offense one would think we would have the talent on the floor to beat a DII team.

Comment

I wouldn't by into the "not running offensive sets" stuff. Maybe not a lot of set plays, but heir was some organization.

Comment

I think I might be sick.
                        Last edited by KUlawJack; 11-03-2008, 09:36 PM. Reason: Yep, it made me vomit.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

One thing to take away from this. If you have paid attention the last couple of years this result is not that surprising. Smart fans are well aware that we can lose to any team any night. We can also win games that we aren't expected to win. Don't kid yourself, we'll do well to finish 8th in the conference. As for out of conference wins, we aren't guaranteed any of those.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't support the players who go out there and give it their best every night. I just mean we need to accept where we are at. I agree, we need to keep our heads up but lets acknowledge what we are right now.

Comment

Don't know what happened to Clint. He played a little to start the second half and I didn't notice until about the 10 minute mark he had not come back in. Usually when you see a player sitting at the far end of the bench, either Coach sent him there or he's hurt. Looked like he was favoring his back a little bit when he was getting up. We just aren't healthy. Our post players were not in good position against their post players. Three point shooting was not good. I believe the last I saw was 1-15 or 1-14. They guys were driving to the rim but not all the shots were finished.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              Don't know what happened to Clint. He played a little to start the second half and I didn't notice until about the 10 minute mark he had not come back in. Usually when you see a player sitting at the far end of the bench, either Coach sent him there or he's hurt. Looked like he was favoring his back a little bit when he was getting up. We just aren't healthy. Our post players were not in good position against their post players. Three point shooting was not good. I believe the last I saw was 1-15 or 1-14. They guys were driving to the rim but not all the shots were finished.
                              Coach Nagy said in his postgame that he re-aggrivated an injury. I did not notice him pull up or that when he went out that he was injured.

We totally got out hustled to loose balls and out rebounded. They just seemed to want it more than us. It seems like they got at least 3-4 offensive rebounds off thier missed FT's in the 2nd half.

Comment

Clint aggravated the groin injury he has been fighting, and they held him out because they didn't want him to chance any further damage. Maybe wasn't a dagger, but certainly didn't help that we didn't have an outside shooter on the floor...we were 1-14 as it was from 3-point line with Clint getting the only one. Next up: San Jose State, picked to finish fourth in the WAC and with their entire starting lineup back from last year. GO JACKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X