Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Season about to Tip off

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    How about this then, SMSU beat 24th ranked Fort Lewis 79-65. SMSU had at least a 9 point lead the last 15 minutes of the game. SMSU is 3-0 and Fort Lewis is 2-1.
    I know it's early in the season but they beat a team that is supposed to be good this year.
    Keep fighting the good fight,i'm with ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      How about this then, SMSU beat 24th ranked Fort Lewis 79-65. SMSU had at least a 9 point lead the last 15 minutes of the game. SMSU is 3-0 and Fort Lewis is 2-1.
      I know it's early in the season but they beat a team that is supposed to be good this year.
      If anyone is still trying to justify a loss to a DII team even in a exhibition game it ain't working for me. I don't care if they are picked to win the DII Championship. The program from a Marketing standpoint is in no position to take a night off whether it's Midnight Madness or an exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        If anyone is still trying to justify a loss to a DII team even in a exhibition game it ain't working for me. I don't care if they are picked to win the DII Championship. The program from a Marketing standpoint is in no position to take a night off whether it's Midnight Madness or an exhibition game.
        Wo, at least someone gets it! We should never lose an exhibiton and should be good enough to play a team with out sets, to me it is like the varsity playingthe Junior varsity and the varsity should never lose. I bet we could have had anyone of the SWMS players we wanted if we recruited them!

Comment

Justifying the loss in the exhibition game deasn't work for me either. It doesn't matter the quality of the opponent. I am willing to give them a pass on the fact that it is an exhibition game where the coach is apt to run players the same way you would in a regular season game. It's a scrimmage and it just shouldn't have much stock put into it.

I can't wait for the regular season to start so we can finally quit talking about this crap and start talking about real games with real results.

It's time for this thread to die.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well, I'm willing to let the thread die, but who said I was justifying a loss when I simply posted "for what it is worth", and everyone of you can make your own assumptions. I'm not happy with the loss...but I'm not for just jumping on the team and coaches when we've barely suited up. Why not give it a rest for now...if we're absolutely worthless as some posters think, we will know soon enough -- everything now is just conjecture. I'm not overly optimistic, but I'm hopeful that most everybody will be healthy and Griffin Callahan will join the team for most of the conference games and that we will make the conference tournament.

Comment

Working...
            X