Austin Hansen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin Hanson

I would think the hiring process for a head coach and an assistant vary greatly and rightly so.

A committee is formed to go through the applicants for a head coaching position similar to what just happened with the new VB coach.

I'm assuming that resumes are received for an assistant position in a similar manner but Coach Nagy would have the majority vote in who he hires for an assistant also assuming that the candidate meets SDSU's requirements.

At the end of the day, Coach Nagy is responsible for everything on that team and therefore he should get the candidate that he wants. If Austin is that guy than so be it.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

FYI...

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/spor...171010931.html

Comment

Congrats Coach Hansen, and Good Luck! Welcome back to SDSU!!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I will add my congradulations. Austin seems to be class guy and one of our alums we can be indeed very proud of.

I am sure Nagy sees Austin as a part of his plan for this coming year, so will let him assign his duties and I will watch him carry them out from the lower level of Frost. I think I got the easy part.

Comment

Re: Austin Hansen

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Congrats Coach Hansen, and Good Luck! Welcome back to SDSU!!

Go Jacks!!
            Agree, now can we get his name spelled correctly on the title of the thread?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Austin Hansen

Might as well spell the guy's name right . . .

FYI for the moderators . . . I created the new thread with the corrected name, then did the Merge Threads thing.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What is this SDSU to MSU (it will always be Mankato State Univ to me). Even I went from State to Mankato for another degree back in the 70's. This Minnesota State Univ thing just doesn't cut ever since Coach.

Comment

It might just be me, but I think there always has been this weird (positive) vibe going back and forth between SDSU and Mankato . . . at least since they joined the NCC. I've always had a sneaking favoritism towards the purple Mavs, all things being equal. The very active coaching pipeline (now two-way) kinda reinforces the whole thing.

Maybe it's a US 14 thing . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                    Could Mr. Hansen be the right choice? Maybe, but just because he was a great Jackrabbit player does not mean to me that he is hands down the correct choice because the position is for assistant coach, not point guard. However, I know he has used up his eligibility as a player, but maybe eligibility as a player-coach could get him back on the floor.
                    True, but I was talking to my brother-in-law this weekend and I'm with him on his opinion that having someone like Austin in the program is no small improvement.

Austin was a firey, high energy player who showed intensity, extreme effort and leadership on the court. But most importantly he is a young coach who can relate to this group of players and assert that Nagy's program will work and work well but there is another level of "buy in" that is required to take the next step.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Jackrabbit Nation should tip their hat to Coach Hansen and thank him for landing recruit, Nate Wolters. Austin's never give up attitude will more than likely bring many more top recruits to the program. Thanks Austin and keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                        Jackrabbit Nation should tip their hat to Coach Hansen and thank him for landing recruit, Nate Wolters. Austin's never give up attitude will more than likely bring many more top recruits to the program. Thanks Austin and keep up the great work.
                        I would agree whole heartedly, I think he has proven what he can do as a recruiter, and might have learn a trick or two from Matt Margenthaler. I think we can count on Austin for a while or atleast until some other offer comes along. It could be a while.

Comment

I think it's just a fact that if you do your undergrad at SDSU and then do your graduate work at Minnesota State U, Mankato you are going to be successful at whatever you do!
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            I think it's just a fact that if you do your undergrad at SDSU and then do your graduate work at Minnesota State U, Mankato you are going to be successful at whatever you do!
                            Maybe that's where I messed up, I got a BS from State and another BS from Mankato. Maybe I should have got an MS from Mankato instead. Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Comment

Best of luck to Austin this week as he is expecting his first child this week and a finalist interview for a head coaching position at Bemidji State this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                                Best of luck to Austin this week as he is expecting his first child this week and a finalist interview for a head coaching position at Bemidji State this week.
                                Seems like a busy week this week for the Hansen family. I echo the sentiment, good luck.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X