Austin Hansen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Hansen

Someone over on SDsportstalk has indicated Austin Hanson is about to be named an assistant coach at SDSU. Can anyone confirm?

Re: Austin Hanson

What's Austin's current employment?

Comment

Assistant at Mankato. http://www.msumavericks.com/bio.php?id=177

Comment

he is the front runner that they are trying to get but nothing is official at the moment.

Comment

is someone leaving or are they adding another assistant spot?

Comment

I believe the Jacks have room for another assistant that has gone unfilled since the move to DI due to the budget.

Comment

Now there's a coach that could bring some intensity to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                is someone leaving or are they adding another assistant spot?
                I assume they are interviewing for Cunningham's replacement

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  I assume they are interviewing for Cunningham's replacement
                  I haven't been keeping up on the forum lately. Is DC leaving?

Comment

DC ....... gone to Indiana State

AH ... is in the picture.....for the replacement.

Comment

I did not realize former UNO Coach Kevin McKenna is at Indiana State. I always admired his coaching style. McKenna and Cunningham must have been with the Skyforce at the same time.

Comment

Current Creighton head coach Dana Altman coached DC when both were at Kansas State. Mckenna is a 2nd year coach at Indiana St. but his most previous stint was the assistant at Creighton. I believe that is the obvious connection.

Comment

I really am sorry to see DC leave. I think he worked as well as anyone with the post players we have had. The job has to have been a challenge without naming names.

I thought Austin was a whale of BB player and without a doubt he has built on his playing experience at MSU-Mankato and will make an excellent assistant.

I would think Austin's speciality would be guards and similar to Klink in terms of responsibilty. Who will handle the post and power forwards? Could we see a third assistant hired? Questions for which I dont have an answer.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Unpopular post alert...

Putting aside all that Austin Hansen meant to SDSU basketball, would he really be the best hire for this opening (not knowing what other candidtates are being considered)? My personal thought is the program needs someone with more "national" experience - recruiting and coaching. Austin's experience is SDSU and Mankato, which was like a second SDSU experience since he was coaching with former SDSU coach and player.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but having a solid recruiter with some varied geographical experience would seem to be a priority. I know we're pulling most of our players from a five state area, but there's got to be more out there that we can tap into.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I agree Catchem. We have to stop nepotism within the Athletic Dept if we are truly going to compete on a national level.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X