NDSU game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU game

That was an incredible display of defensive basketball on both sides.

Our guys showed amazing heart by coming back from what looked like an insurmountable late deficit to make this a game.

It could have been a second "Miracle at Frost Arena" but it was not to be tonight.

I think we can all be proud of how our guys battled tonight. They will win a game like this next year--count on it.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

While it's tough to lose another close game, clearly we played so much better than in Fargo. And we needed it. We needed to do it. I posted quite the rant(s) after the last NDSU game. That's not necessary after this game. There's really only one thing to say ... you have to shoot better at home in the friendly confines. No two ways about it ... even when the defense is solid. It was one of those nights, though. There's just not a lot you can do ... no strategy change can help when you're that cold. You just have to keep shooting. We did everything else well. It's too bad we just missed that one element tonight. Dang.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        While it's tough to lose another close game, clearly we played so much better than in Fargo. And we needed it. We needed to do it. I posted quite the rant(s) after the last NDSU game. That's not necessary after this game. There's really only one thing to say ... you have to shoot better at home in the friendly confines. No two ways about it ... even when the defense is solid. It was one of those nights, though. There's just not a lot you can do ... no strategy change can help when you're that cold. You just have to keep shooting. We did everything else well. It's too bad we just missed that one element tonight. Dang.
        Agreed. Like Nagy said: when you shoot 29% and only lose by 3,it means you did everything else right. "Everything else" wasn't quite enough. It was a great effort by the young Jacks.

Comment

It's been said before but these guys have been through so many close battles this year which is really going to pay off in the next couple of years. We certainly have the athletic ability to compete with almost everyone. It would have been a big boost to get the W last night. You could feel the tension in the air with 7 minutes to go. We were down 6, 7, 8 points and needed to turn it up. They hung in there until the end. This team has never quit!

We all wanted to get them over the hump last night but it was a great effort and a very entertaining game.

On to next week!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Here's what's left to play for:

Thursday night: Not letting Oral Roberts win the championship on our court, and earning some respect at last from the rest of our league.

Saturday night: Beating Centenary and escaping 10th place in the conference.

Reasons to play, late in the year. That's what you want.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Her are some quotes from Nagy after the game. These came from McFeeley's Blog
              On another close loss for his team:
              "As disappointing season as this has been, I just can't tell you how proud I am that they show up every day and practice their tails off. They didn't quit tonight. They did everything right. They just didn't shoot the ball good. When you shoot 29 percent, you ought to get beat by 40. We only got beat by three because we did everything else right."
              On his frustration level:
              "The only thing I'm frustrated about is that our kids aren't getting to feel the fruits of their labor right now. It'll happen. We've made great steps in the right direction from last year. At this time last year our kids had shut it down. They had flat-out shut it down. Now we're not anywhere close to that. Our kids are showing up with a spark in their eye, ready to work hard. I hurt a lot for them because they are giving us everything they have and are just not getting the fruits of that labor right now. It will happen. It will happen if they stick with it and they will stick with it."
              On Ben Beran's wild 4-point play:
              "It didn't play out as designed. I didn't even see it. Did it bank in? I don't believe in luck. People tell me good luck all the time and say, "Well, I don't believe in it, but thank you." But there is chance. I was just real pleased our kids didn't quit. They didn't quit."
              On the level of disappointment after this loss:
              "There are two different kinds of disappointment. There's the kind at Southern Utah where you let a team just whip you. Those are the biggest disappointments to me, but it's easiter to lose games like that. After a game like that, you don't feel as bad. But when you pour your belief into it, you pour your heart into a game and give it everything you have like we did against UMKC and like we did tonight, you hurt much worse. That's why it's hard for the kids to come back and do it again because you start ot protect yourself, you start to go, Well I don't want to feel like that any more because it hurts so much. It's easier to not try and our kids just haven't done that and that's what I'm most pleased with. They've left themselves open to feeling pain and they are because they are giving us everthing they have. We just have a very inexperienced team, but we're coming. I'm not concerned about it."
              On NDSU's older players:
              "Those kids are juniors, but they're seniors in college. Their juniors are two years older than my sophomores, Kai and Garrett. I would've loved to have had the luxury of sitting Kai and Garrett and those guys and have them be freshmen this year. I would have loved to sit Clint and Mike Palarca. I just didn't have that luxury. They just have so much experience. Those kids have played so many games and they play with a lot of confidence and they are dang good players."
              He is very candid with his quotes. I'm just glad he is our coach and that we have the players that we have. There are good days ahead, trust me they will get this thing right.

You can read the McFeeley Blog here

http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/

Go State!!!
              Go Jacks!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
              X