Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooters

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    The point I am getting at is that we aren't going to get a J.J. Redick or a Wayne Ellington.....
    add reading comprehension to the spelling and grammar lessons then reply to my post
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Felt dropped 38 tonight in a 20 point win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
        Felt dropped 38 tonight in a 20 point win.
        Is this a guy we are actually after or just wishful thinking on your part?

Comment

More like wishful thinking on SDSU part as he's a 2009 kid and obviously no scholarships are currently available. SDSU has interest in the kid but 0 $$$

Comment

If a scholarship player left does that scholarship become available for another 4 years, or just the remainder of the scholarship left? and I am not aware anyone is leaving just asking ??

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
              If a scholarship player left does that scholarship become available for another 4 years, or just the remainder of the scholarship left? and I am not aware anyone is leaving just asking ??
              I think that technically, all athletic scholarships are one-year contracts, that almost always get renewed annually.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

joeboo22- "Palarca has held his own". I think he is shooting .358. That's about the same as Sargent. I thought that Clint would be better than that, too. There have been a few games where he has shot well. I'm just waiting for him the do that on a consistent basis.
                I think both Garrett and Clint will shoot it better as their careers progress. You put those 2 and Kai and I think we have some shooters. Those 3 are the players that I like to see shoot 3's. After them, I think it goes to our post players. Dale is a driver and Palarca just doesn't seem to shoot it that well from outside.
                I've heard good things about Cassaday and Rader, too. I hope they come in and make outside shots, too. If those 5 can stroke it from outside, that will open the lane up for drives or players posting up. Those players are fairly tall for shooters, too. Garrett is the only one under 6'4".
                I think anytime you don't have the max number of scholarships, you can fill them. The problem with SDSU is they have 2 verbals for 2 years from now. That means next year they have to put one aside and leave it open. I guess they could give it to a walk-on for 1 year. The year after that, they would take it back and give it to the guys from Madison. (I think this is how it works).

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I think that technically, all athletic scholarships are one-year contracts, that almost always get renewed annually.
                  That is correct. Barring academic problems or mis-conduct issues, they almost always get renewed.

Comment

darkerstill,

Couldn't agree with you more even if I wrote that post myself!
                    Live & Breath Yellow, Bleed Blue! GO RABBITS!

Comment

Felt dropped 27 tonight....just another night at the office 6 of 6 on 3's. DC was in the house representing SDSU.

Comment

Felt dropped 27 tonight....just another night at the office 6 of 6 on 3's. DC was in the house representing SDSU.
                        I guess all we can do is hope.

Comment

Cadsev,
                          What other schools are after Felt right now...I would imagine we are not the only one showing interest.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            Cadsev,
                            What other schools are after Felt right now...I would imagine we are not the only one showing interest.
                            MO Valley schools, some Big 10 have been to games, Summit League. All over the board but no offers extended yet.... yet.

Comment

MO Valley schools, some Big 10 have been to games, Summit League. All over the board but no offers extended yet.... yet.
                              If he shoots that well, he probably can't play defense and is a ball hog.*

*Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                                If he shoots that well, he probably can't play defense and is a ball hog.*

*Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
                                A great smart-a$$ response that got rep points.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X