Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU II

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
    Glad you made it home safely. See you on Thursday!

PS: JackMD -- agree with you about blaming the loss on the refs...I didn't and would just reiterate that our team just deserved a better shake...would not have changed the outcome probably, but would have made it a heck of a game.
    I too feel compelled to state that I was not blaming the loss on the refs.  I had no intention of even posting anything about them after the game.  However, after a NDSU fan posted that the "officiating was horrible" it seemed an appropriate time to point out the huge disparity of fouls and free throws that benefited NDSU.  That is all, nothing more nothing less.

Go State!  

Comment

One final post on the NDSU game and the fouls. Reference was made by one of the Bison posters, that we just weren't quick enough to stop Woodside and that's why he had 12 free throw attempts (and made all). Another post noted we juwt were out of position.

I didn't believe it that night, and I don't now. And it is interesting to note that we must have been in way better position and much quicker down here, because they shot only 17 free throws down here, iin contrast to the 43 they shot up there. And Woodside only shot four free throws down here, not 12 as he did in Fargo. And to note the more balanced foul calls at Frost, we had 16 and NDSU 19 -- considerably closer than the 16-31 disparity up there!

Comment

Woodside is a nice player and would certainly love to have him on our team. Is he stronger and more explosive than Callahan absolutely and I would hope so as I believe after a redshirt year its is third year in the program. Let's see where Callahan who did not benefit from a redshirt year is at in 2 years! I think Callahan has plenty of quickness to be a productive DI point guard. I would like to see us get another quick point guard to push the ball and play some up tempo defensive.

Comment

Working...
        X