IPFW-Home-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW-Home-Men

I think the crowd is also having to learn about all the media timeouts. There are a lot of them and they seem to take forever. There have been more than a couple of times that they have helped kill any emotion or momentum the crowd might have built up.

Comment

Well thats the best attended game Richard and I have been at, it was great to see the crowd up on their feet....I loved the four days we were down in Brookings not to mention a few bargains in Sports Connection ...the roads were good for traveling home, and we had lots to chat about on our 11 hour drive, Kai's friend came down with us plus 3 more friends from Regina, hopefully we will be starting a trend with fans coming down to watch some great basketball on future trips.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Great game, nice sized crowd, great performance by the guys. As for the crowd, miserable participation. I think there is a lack of respect for the players, coaches, cheerleaders, dancers, mascot, etc... Many times my family and I were one of only a few standing when the team deserved an ovation. The participation needs to improve. I'd compare it to Carolina vs Duke. We have a Carolina fan base right now. I'm disappointed. Get of your butts and cheer.

Now, sorry for the discourse, we played well and were coached well. I expect we can build on this. I only regret that I can't make it to more games.
        I agree with this post.

To say the crowd was ok because it stood up and cheered twice during the course of a 40 minute game is not a ringing endorsement.

HEY, OLD GUYS IN THE RESERVED SECTION, after the game when the school song is being played, stay for the entire song and clap along. The players come over to salute your support by clapping along and facing the crowd while staying on the court, only to have half the crowd filing out the exits. Pick it up reserved section, you are the leaders of the arena.

I believe this lowered reserved section apathy also plays a part in the student involvement at games. I remember the day when the reserved section actually led the entire arena in standing and cheering at crucial points in a game. On Saturday night, most of that section was the last to stand.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Well I learned something , I had no idea what the clapping in the middle of the floor was for after the game.....thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I agree with this post.

To say the crowd was ok because it stood up and cheered twice during the course of a 40 minute game is not a ringing endorsement.

HEY, OLD GUYS IN THE RESERVED SECTION, after the game when the school song is being played, stay for the entire song and clap along. The players come over to salute your support by clapping along and facing the crowd while staying on the court, only to have half the crowd filing out the exits. Pick it up reserved section, you are the leaders of the arena.

I believe this lowered reserved section apathy also plays a part in the student involvement at games. I remember the day when the reserved section actually led the entire arena in standing and cheering at crucial points in a game. On Saturday night, most of that section was the last to stand.
            Have to agree with almost everything said in this post. If the team is going to stay on the court for the fight song (which I love, btw), the least the fans can do is join them and applaud their effort. WIN OR LOSE!

Things will get better with more wins but this is an issue to me that has nothing to do with records.

I was also told to sit down again Saturday night when I stood to give some encouragement after a series of good plays. I'm progressing! I just ignored it. Eventually, I'm going to tell them to get their butts out of the seats. Just hoping I keep it classy.

Let's all go to the game to have fun and cheer our team on and give them the support they deserve!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

From Terry's blog of the game:

The crowd has been good tonight, by the way. It seems they are encouraged by this group and are maybe beginning to realize that they’re fun to watch on the offensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on your opinion of the crowd last night. I thought the crowd was really good last night and enjoyed the performance the guys put forth last night. I was especially impressed when the team had a nice defensive stop towards the end of the 2nd half and the crowd applauded the effort. They understood that good defense was being played and rewarded the players with their applause. At the least the crowd was much better than it has been. I'll agree that Frost wasn't rocking like it has in the past but I felt the crowd really enjoyed the product in front of them last night.
                I didn't mean to sound quite so harsh. Crowd participation was better but it needs to be a lot better still. When we make a big defensive stand and force a missed shot or turnover and then score a big basket forcing the opposing team to call a timeout I expect EVERYONE to be on their feet encouraging the team for the ENTIRE timeout. If the cheerleaders come out at that time I expect EVERYONE to participate in the cheer. If the school song is being played EVERYONE should be on their feet clapping and singing (okay maybe not everyone singing) along.

During a scheduled media timeout I can understand a more passive approach. They often occur when there is little to be excited about.

I will say this, when this team starts winning prime seats at Frost are going to be hard to come by. Get your season tickets or plan on being there early.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree with this post.

Rep. points given. It drives me nuts how everyone is in such a hurry to leave. I guess it's the nature of the beast, no one wants to wait in traffic/miss the postgame...yada yada yada. Suck it up, stay and clap through the fight song.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

A couple years back they used to play the post game interviews on the speakers or out in the hall after the game. That was cool, a lot of people would mill around watching the flat screens by the concession stands to listen in.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

A couple years back they used to play the post game interviews on the speakers or out in the hall after the game. That was cool, a lot of people would mill around watching the flat screens by the concession stands to listen in.
                      They still do this. They actually broadcast the video of the post-game press conferences on the center-hung displays in Frost. Sometimes the media people's questions are hard to hear.

Comment

I will admit I had a down weekend. I didn't know what to expect from the crowd but I still should have been rowdy. My bad:-(

Comment

You did great as usual BLUE!!! haha do you remember me? I was with Erica and her friend... the order was you erica, her friend, me, then a friend that I was with... I had on a brown hoodie...??? haha btw it was a very exciting game.. loved it

Comment

Sorry this is a late post. I was at the game on Saturday night and am once again excited about the future of Jackrabbit basketball. We start two soph., two freshmen and a senior. We will get better in a hurry. I am wondering if Nagy is changing strategy a small amount. Both Williams and Callahan played 37 minutes. Bassett and Engen did not play at all. Palacra played very little the second half with Moss handling the point the last minutes of the game. Is our rotation going to shrink in the coming games?

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
                              Rep. points given. It drives me nuts how everyone is in such a hurry to leave. I guess it's the nature of the beast, no one wants to wait in traffic/miss the postgame...yada yada yada. Suck it up, stay and clap through the fight song.
                              Agreed. It's a nice tradition to have the team on the big SD clapping to the fight song. Unfortunately, another tradition is that everybody in SD thinks that waiting more than two minutes to get out of a parking lot is a fate worse than death.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X