IPFW-Home-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPFW-Home-Men

The Mastadons are in for the conclusion of the Men's first weekend at home tonight at 7:30ish... Come back the Jacks at Frost Arena as they take on Dane Fife's 5-9 team.

Also check out
    http://www.freespaces.com/rabbitdenr...vs.%20ipfw.pdf for printable fun IPFW team notes and if you are up for something new stop by Bravo's, have a drink and ask them about the Superfan shirts.

Re: Ipfw

Not many high school recruits on IPFW. Mostly transfers and Jucos.

One IPFW coach Dane Fife story for you. I've hated that guy since he BIT Iowa forward Duez Henderson on the forearm in a game at Bloomington a few years ago. They were wrestling in the lane for a loose ball, and Fife actually bit Henderson. It was on national television, and was noted by the announcers, although no foul was called.

Fife reported to the Indy Star that Henderson "tasted like chicken".

http://blogs.indystar.com/hoosiersin...hives/2006/02/

Fife was always a hotheaded, high-energy player, one of those guys you like to have on your team, but hate when he's on the opposing team.

I'd say he's a jerk. So let's beat these guys.
    Last edited by JimmyJack; 01-05-2008, 10:10 AM.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

And remember, tonight is a women's/men's basketball doubleheader tonight. Women tip off at 5:00. Get there early and Back The Jacks!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks for the good ammo to use JJ.

Comment

I'll be dissapointed tonight if the attendance is any less than 2500.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The trombone and base section of the Band should very quietly play the "Jaws" movie theme intro when the IPFW coach is introduced.

Comment

My family will be there at 5:00 pm sharp. I've got work to do but should make it for the end of the women's game, going to be close.

This is a game we need to win. There is something about winning a close game that leads to winning the next close game. Winning begets winning as losing begets losing, lets change the current trend. See you at Frost tonight.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: IPFW-Home-Men

Best of luck to the Men and Women tonight. I need to stay in town for a wrestling match, but will be listening on the radio. MD, makes a good point. Winning is a habit, just like losing. Hopefully the Jacks will get a win and then start a string of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I'll be disappointed tonight if the attendance is any less than 2500.
                  Agreed. Fans will hopefully begin to realize that the dark days are over, things are on the upswing for the guys, and there's some good basketball being played in Frost Arena nowadays.

Add in a good old-fashioned doubleheader featuring the Lamb Bonanza, and you're talking about a quality Saturday night out.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU up 23-15 with six and a half left in half. Need to learn to finish off these early leads.

Comment

Two straight IPFW FG's cuts it to 6 before a Sargent FG makes it 27-19.

Comment

2 quick IPFW FG's cut it to 27-25

Comment

Callahan celebrating brothers arrival with 13 already. Jacks up 31-26 with about half a minute.

Comment

33-26 at half.

Comment

5 fast ipfw points cut it to 33-31.

Comment

Working...
                              X