IPFW-Home-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW-Home-Men

NDSU got 3500 without the women's game to pull 'em in. Maybe when the students are back, still think that's the biggest missing component of good attendance.

Comment

How sweep it is.

Comment

Nice night for basketball in Brookings. Wish we could've been there. This team is going to get there. Nice job boys (and girls earlier in the evening).
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
          NDSU got 3500 without the women's game to pull 'em in. Maybe when the students are back, still think that's the biggest missing component of good attendance.
          If we'd won twenty games each of the past two years, I suspect we'd be seeing 3-4,000 attendance pretty regularly in Frost for the guys.

I think a competitive team with a good chance to win is the biggest missing component of good attendance on the men's side. People won't turn out to see a bad team struggle, which is, quite honestly, what we've had the previous three years. They will turn out to see a young team with a chance to win every game, which is, I think, what we have right now. And they should keep getting better with each game they play.

So, I think we're close to taking care of that little problem.

Bring on the Leathernecks!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tonight's game was a nice win. It could have been a 20+ point win but IPFW was able to close the gap in the first half. The dunk by Kai was very nice. The mis-blown whistle at the end of the first half was unbelievable. The ref thought that was the end of the half. I guess I don't know why the shot clock wasn't reset because the ball hit the rim so I can't place all the blame on the ref. I thought the entire team handled the ball well tonight. Thought Cordova and Moss played a good game off the bench. Cordova with his scoring and Moss with his ball handling and defense. Looked like we had a hard time guarding number 34 for IPFW at times. FREE THROW SHOOTING !!!! Very nice tonight. For the most part, I thought the team played in control tonight. I did think there was more than 2600 people there.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

For those of us in attendance tonight, we just got to witness the first Division I conference win in men's basketball. Truly a great day, a day that I will never forget.
              Last edited by 2002jack; 01-06-2008, 02:25 AM.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I felt I was in FROST ARENA for the first time in several years...the atmosphere may be returning! We did a lot of nice things tonight as proved by the stats. The crowd seemed to respond at times and it was a reminder of 'old times' in Frost Arena: Old times but new era: Jackrabbit men's basketball is on its way back!

Comment

In case you haven't looked at the official story on GoJacks.com, here's the link:
                  http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1363973

Here's the link to IPFW's Athletic Website and its story on the game:
                  Headline: ROAD WOES CONTINUE:
                  http://gomastodons.cstv.com/sports/m...010508aaa.html

Clint Sargent went down hard on his knees near the end of the game and got up slowly...seemed to be walking a little gingerly when the players slapped five after the game was concluded. Anyone hear whether know the extent of the injury -- and just to avoid starting any rumors, from my vantage point I think he looked okay and I assume just got a couple of sore kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    In case you haven't looked at the official story on GoJacks.com, here's the link:
                    http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1363973

Here's the link to IPFW's Athletic Website and its story on the game:
                    Headline: ROAD WOES CONTINUE:
                    http://gomastodons.cstv.com/sports/m...010508aaa.html

Clint Sargent went down hard on his knees near the end of the game and got up slowly...seemed to be walking a little gingerly when the players slapped five after the game was concluded. Anyone hear whether know the extent of the injury -- and just to avoid starting any rumors, from my vantage point I think he looked okay and I assume just got a couple of sore kneecaps.
                    Spoke to Clint after the game and he said he is okay.

Comment

Sargent has some nice moves in the game.

One statistic that cannot be overlooked: Coach Nagy smiled at least twice!

Here come the Jackrabbits!

Comment

No doubt this win was a confidence booster, and its good news to hear that Clint is okay. I think this is a great bunch of kids. A car load or two of them got their noon meal take out at Arby's on Friday, so apparently they dine together as a group. A very good sign. I think we are getting better and better. We do have some tough ones ahead of us and how we step up will soon be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Sargent has some nice moves in the game.

One statistic that cannot be overlooked: Coach Nagy smiled at least twice!

Here come the Jackrabbits!
                          I really like Coach Nagy and know he has gone through some tough times in recent years. It is good to see him smile and I hope to see many more of them in the weeks to come. I did like to see the fact that he got into his timeouts last night toward the end of the game to help his young team think about what was going on.

Comment

Great game, nice sized crowd, great performance by the guys. As for the crowd, miserable participation. I think there is a lack of respect for the players, coaches, cheerleaders, dancers, mascot, etc... Many times my family and I were one of only a few standing when the team deserved an ovation. The participation needs to improve. I'd compare it to Carolina vs Duke. We have a Carolina fan base right now. I'm disappointed. Get of your butts and cheer.

Now, sorry for the discourse, we played well and were coached well. I expect we can build on this. I only regret that I can't make it to more games.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Great game, nice sized crowd, great performance by the guys. As for the crowd, miserable participation. I think there is a lack of respect for the players, coaches, cheerleaders, dancers, mascot, etc... Many times my family and I were one of only a few standing when the team deserved an ovation. The participation needs to improve. I'd compare it to Carolina vs Duke. We have a Carolina fan base right now. I'm disappointed. Get of your butts and cheer.

Now, sorry for the discourse, we played well and were coached well. I expect we can build on this. I only regret that I can't make it to more games.
                              I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on your opinion of the crowd last night. I thought the crowd was really good last night and enjoyed the performance the guys put forth last night. I was especially impressed when the team had a nice defensive stop towards the end of the 2nd half and the crowd applauded the effort. They understood that good defense was being played and rewarded the players with their applause. At the least the crowd was much better than it has been. I'll agree that Frost wasn't rocking like it has in the past but I felt the crowd really enjoyed the product in front of them last night.

Comment

I thought the crowd showed promise, just like the team. The crowd is learning all over again about showing appreciation for good basketball. It would have been much better if students were there.

Comment

Working...
                                X