Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

I'm never a fan of being happy with a close loss but this team showed something tonight. I really hope this is a sign of things to come.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Listened to the whole game and I have to agree with Nagy... it doesn't matter how good you play offensively and how well you rebound if you don't play defense it doesn't matter. I don't think Nagy will be happy wth the defensive effort. As far as the game Kai played good but not great, Callahan played great, Beran struggled, Berte played really well, Palarca fought the press well and the team played really good all and all. I don't know if Nagy has something on Tuby or what the deal is....

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
        I'm never a fan of being happy with a close loss but this team showed something tonight. I really hope this is a sign of things to come.
        Agreed

Comment

No such thing as a moral victory here. Jacks had a legit chance to win and should be disappointed with the loss. Nonetheless, the team showed great character bouncing back from a tough weekend. Should build some confidence in the season ahead. The Gophers will be a good team this year (probably an NIT team, possibly in the NCAA's). Tubby is a great coach and is showing it this year with the Gophers team he inherited.

Great showing tonight. Go Jacks!
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Someone help me out here. Bassett started the first few games of the season and doesn't even play now. Engen started the last game and now doesn't play. I am confused with what Nagy is trying to do. Who is he going to start next? The starting lineup seems to change every game...

Just trying to figure out whats going on

Good game though Jacks against the Gophers tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by buschlight View Post
              Someone help me out here. Bassett started the first few games of the season and doesn't even play now. Engen started the last game and now doesn't play. I am confused with what Nagy is trying to do. Who is he going to start next? The starting lineup seems to change every game...

The only reason Engen started last game is Nagy benched Beren (and Callahan)for being late
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The reason Engen started last game was because Beran and Callahan were late for a shootaround.

Comment

The lineup tonight is the one you will see most nights.... Basset I don't know about but with Engen he is a type of guy that you can only play against certain teams.... I don't think Cordova was being sent any message by Nagy I just think Nagy saw that a lineup was working and he stayed with it... reminded me of UMKC last year when I think 4 of the 5 starters played 38+minutes.... nothing personal he just knew who broke the press well

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    The lineup tonight is the one you will see most nights.... Basset I don't know about but with Engen he is a type of guy that you can only play against certain teams.... I don't think Cordova was being sent any message by Nagy I just think Nagy saw that a lineup was working and he stayed with it... reminded me of UMKC last year when I think 4 of the 5 starters played 38+minutes.... nothing personal he just knew who broke the press well
                    One thing Nagy has said about Cordova in the past is he is struggling a bit with assignments on the defensive end. Help rotations and such. Didn't watch the game but maybe that was part of the reason for no playing time in second half.

Comment

Imming interviewed Callahan post-game. Now, Nagy in the interview room so Assistant Coach Cunningham talking to Imming.

Comment

Great game by the Jacks tonight and a game that once again with less mistakes down the stretch they could have pulled off the major upset. If the Jacks can play that hard game in and game out the remainder of the season they will have success. It was an entertaining game tonight and they made the state proud of their efforts. Outstanding game by Callahan. He kept the team in the game the entire game with his offense and hustle. Hopefully fans recognize the effort the teams has made and despite one major blow out loss this team has been in every game this year. Time for the fans to return to Frost to support this team.

Comment

I just think it might be hard for the team to get into the flow of the game with a different lineup all the time but what do i know i am a forum poster

Comment

is cordova a little lazy or whats going here?
                            Lazy ya that and the fact he didn't play organized ball until moving to South Dakota before his Junior year of high school. He also is high intensity so he goes all at it then doesn't go at all over the last one and the biggest problem is he falls in love with outside shots at times.... He is kinda a project but is good also....

Comment

"Time for the fans to return to Frost to support this team."

This is only the third time I've seen them in forty years. That was a real DI team. Even if it's Idaho, I hope the draw is greater than the usual couple of thousand. That's a team worth supporting!

Comment

I should know what 6'8 and 200 looks like but Berte was smaller, but hustled more than I imagined. I enjoyed watching him but he was really outsized.

Comment

Working...
                                X