Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

I'm starting this thread because we've drifted to this topic from the Oral Roberts thread. I'll move some of the threads to this thread.

Re: Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

Well, I just flunked Moderation 101...screwed up merging posts. So, I'll just paste the ones I intended to move to this thread:

astat32:
    Sorry to be a downer here but the Jacks have a .0000000001 percent chance of beating the Gophers in my mind. If this were last year, I'd up it to about 30%, but with Tubby Smith taking over for the U of M, the Gophers have been extremely solid all year, and they absolutely pounded NDSU. So although a win would be nice, I would say that keeping it within 20-25 would be encouraging for the undermatched Jackrabbits.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacked_Up
    Go, Jacks. The Gophers have been playing well but are beatable. The Jacks certainly are capable of playing better than they have the last couple of games. A UNI-type effort by the Jacks, coupled with some good shooting, could make Jacks fans forget about that southern road trip.

I hope you are correct. I am not carrying the same optimism as some of you, but hope the Jacks pull through the slump.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by astat32
    Sorry to be a downer here but the Jacks have a .0000000001 percent chance of beating the Gophers in my mind. If this were last year, I'd up it to about 30%, but with Tubby Smith taking over for the U of M, the Gophers have been extremely solid all year, and they absolutely pounded NDSU. So although a win would be nice, I would say that keeping it within 20-25 would be encouraging for the undermatched Jackrabbits.

So.... you're saying there's a chance..... YES!!!

.000000001??? WTF

The last time Ben Beran played against a Tubby Smith coached team he went off for a career-high 25 points and SDSU gave them a decent game. So, yeah, I'd say there is a chance!

SUPERBUNNY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jack power
    So.... you're saying there's a chance..... YES!!!

Good "Dumb and Dumber" reference.

JoeBoo:
    I don't think you guys understand how tough it is to play with the flu..... I played a summer of baseball with torn cartledge in my knee, did it hurt? ya but i could play through it.... I tryed to play a game with flu like symptoms and it was by far the toughest game I have ever played.... As far as Cordova I think he was right though and I just hope that Callahan and Beran take it the right way thats the one thing with when calling out leaders if they don't take it right it can destroy a team but I don't think it will....... As far as Minnesota they aren't that good they are bigger then SDSU and it will take an A+ performance to compete with them but i wouldn't say its a loss before getting on the court.....

Comment

I put .0000000001 percent into a spreadsheet. Those odds mean that a $1 wager will get you one hundred billion dollars if the Jacks win. I'll take those odds.

Comment

The odds are not good, but we have to give it our best shot. Hopefully the flu will not be a factor. Our inside people are going to have a tough match up. I think this might be were the wheels come off, but lets play the game first.

Comment

Anybody know if this game is televised? I thought I read that it would be on the Big 10 network or CSTV or something , but I can't remember for sure.

***Forget I asked. I just saw the other thread with my exact question on it***
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Anybody know if this game is televised? I thought I read that it would be on the Big 10 network or CSTV or something , but I can't remember for sure.

***Forget I asked. I just saw the other thread with my exact question on it***
            For the benefit of others casually reading the thread--yes, it's on the Big 10 Network (DirecTV or a sports bar that has DirecTV is your best bet . . .)
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Many sports bars Minnesota and Iowa have the big ten network. Also Cubbies has the big ten network.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                The odds are not good, but we have to give it our best shot. Hopefully the flu will not be a factor. Our inside people are going to have a tough match up. I think this might be were the wheels come off, but lets play the game first.
                So, IF the Jacks get beaten badly by a Big 10 team on the road, than that means " the wheels have come off" ? I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  So, IF the Jacks get beaten badly by a Big 10 team on the road, than that means " the wheels have come off" ? I disagree.
                  Whoa!!!!!!!!!!. I speaking of one game and the no 5 position. I dont think we will be able to match the post position that U of M has. Thats what I am saying. They got bigger and more experienced post players. The outcome of this game does not mean the season is over. I will thank you for not putting words in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    For the benefit of others casually reading the thread--yes, it's on the Big 10 Network (DirecTV or a sports bar that has DirecTV is your best bet . . .)
                    Does anyone know if Mediacomm has this in their basic package?

Comment

Does anyone know if Mediacomm has this in their basic package?
                      They do not.

Comment

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!. I speaking of one game and the no 5 position. I dont think we will be able to match the post position that U of M has. Thats what I am saying. They got bigger and more experienced post players. The outcome of this game does not mean the season is over. I will thank you for not putting words in my mouth
                        My mistake. I obviously misunderstood your post.

Comment

I miss the Gophers not making appearances on Fox Sports North in the region. I hope that the team just keeps it from getting too far out of hand and can just hold together. The best we can hope for is that we look back in March and see that this was the low point of the season and not just the beginning of a downward spiral. It shouldn't be, this is a better team than we have had.
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

See what everyone at "the Gopherhole" has to say about us here:

http://p218.ezboard.com/What-do-we-k...ID=13791.topic

It's all pretty good, and they seem like pretty classy fans.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              My mistake. I obviously misunderstood your post.
                              You are forgiven, I done the same more than once.

I think we will have a hard time making the game close, but our young kids will learn a few things and the game could be a motivator for the rest of the season. I don't think the guarentee money will be anywhere close to what the football progam will receive when we play them. Its going to be a good experience for our young kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X