Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

If you will be in the Cities for the game, stop by the Alumni Association pre-game rally.

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=13&calcid=685

Minneapolis, MN--SDSU Men's Basketball Pre-Game Party

'Back the Jacks' against the University of Minnesota Golden Gohpers.

December 12, 2007
    Alumni Pre-Game Party
    5:30 - 7:30 pm

Join SDSU alumni and fans on Wednesday, December 12 when the Jackrabbit Men’s Basketball Team faces off against the Golden Gophers at Williams Arena.

Before the game, gather at Blarney’s Pub and Grill for a pre-game party beginning at 5:30 pm. The new Alumni Association Executive Director, Matt Fuks, an ‘89 SDSU grad, will be in attendance as well! Food and beverages are on your own ("no-host" style) so stop by anytime and look for others wearing yellow and blue.

Game timeis 8:00 pm at Williams Arena on the campus of the University of Minnesota.

Tickets are $30/person. For tickets contact the Gopher ticket office at 800-U-Gopher or on the web . Be sure to ask for Section 211 or 212.

Blarney ’s Pub and Grill
    412 14 th Avenue SE
    Minneapolis, MN
    612-331-1527

Go State!

Comment

Just received a Gophers' newsletter (logged on to their web site and is why I probably received it) which was asking all Gopher backers to get on the cable networks who have refused to carry the Big Ten network on their basic package. Midcontinent is one of three mentioned (Cox and forgot the other). BTW, if you are a Dish TV subscriber you can get the game as it is included in their basic package. Three weeks of being gone will prevent my visit to Gopherland, but will enjoy it on the big screen!! It will be a difficult challenge, but one can also hope that it brings out the best in this emerging team of ours! GO JACKS!!

Comment

Preview article by Terry in today's Argus:

SDSU faces new-look Gophers
        A lot has changed in Minnesota since 77-53 win over Jacks last season

By Terry Vandrovec
        tvandrovec@argusleader.com
        PUBLISHED: December 12, 2007

South Dakota State won a not-so-grand total of six games last season, but two of those victories came in the three leading up to a trip to Williams Arena in Minneapolis. Meanwhile, Minnesota came into that contest still reeling from the resignation of coach Dan Monson eight days earlier.

The Jackrabbits believed they had a shot - and wound up losing by 24.

This time around, in an 8 p.m. contest that will be aired on the Big Ten Network, SDSU (3-5) is certainly improved, yet seems to have lost more ground on the suddenly Golden Gophers (6-1) and new coach Tubby Smith.

"If these guys think they saw defense tonight, it's going to be even worse against Minnesota," Jacks coach Scott Nagy said after Saturday's 80-51 loss at Oral Roberts University, the team's first double-digit defeat of the season. "Plus, the atmosphere will be as tough as we'll ever see. If we respond the way we did tonight, we'll be in trouble."

(read more)

Comment

I am very anxious for this game to get started I really hope the team can all pull together for this one, play both sides of the court, for a full 40 mins.

Comment

Don't forget that Oakland is playing at Michigan tonight prior to the Jacks game on the Big Ten Network. A good chance to see our fellow conference rivals.

Comment

I just had a call from someone in Regina telling me he is going to be watching the game and taping it if he can for me he has got a sat dish and it is called dish network, so maybe I will get to watch the game after it's all over...... it's probably a dodgy sat dish not really available in Canada if you know what I mean

Comment

It's time folks!

Go BIG

Go BLUE

GO JACKS!!

Don't forget TV's blog...

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sp...blog-1212.html
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Live stats here:

http://www.gophersports.com/fls/8400/stats/fullbox.htm

Comment

Jacks get jump ball.

Beren hits a deuce from 15.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ben gets first bucket. now 2-2

Comment

Kai with a three now 7-4 Jacks.

Comment

Nice start so far.

Kai hits a 3.

Jacks up 7-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                            My linky doesn't seem to work so I'll be relying on you all for score updates since I'm too cheap to pay for Summit TV. Thanks, RLIV

Comment

Nice slight on local Kare11 news tonight - "Gophers host the Jackrabbits of South Dakota State tonight. It will be a laugher folks." Jerk.

Need a good showing for some Jackrabbit pride!!
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Jacks 10 - 9

Comment

Working...
                                X