Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
    While you send Randy Shaver or whatever the crap his name was from Kare11 cc this dude on the email.

http://fromthebarn.org/

Butthead!
    I had a big reply all typed up for this moron, but then I remembered my mom telling me when I was a kid that if I didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That guy is lucky I have a good mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      There two stats that impress me and maybe adjust my expectations of this season upward instead of the other direction. The rebounding was very good. The ESPN writer indicates that SDSU did not get pushed around in the paint. After last Saturday at ORU, I felt we would have big problems inside. Our big guys stepped up. The other stat is the FT's where we were 12 of 16 or 75%. If we can continue this average and above, we win games because a free throw to me is points on the board while the clock is not running.

Great game. It could have been a win, but I am happy with the performance.
      I agree with with you on the two stats. Even more impressive on the rebounding end was Mo Berte with 7 points and 11 rebounds. The Jacks bench outrebounded the entire Gopher team. We just need to keep cheering them on.

Comment

Just got the first-hand report from a son now residing in the Twin Cities (May 07 PharmD) who attended the pre-game at Blarney's -- met Mr and Mrs 89Rabbit -- and then the game in the Barn. It was fun to get the blow-by-blow from someone who was there. I loved his telling of how Kai's big dunk on the alley-oop in-bounds pass 'really quieted the crowd'.

Nobody in Williams Arena was saying anything bad about the Jackrabbits during or after that game. Nobody left early...the crowd stayed for the whole dogfight and really made a lot of noise in the final few minutes in an effort to support the Gopher team.

Comment

Watched the game on the Big Ten Network. Boy it was great to see an effort like this after ORU last weekend. Trent Tucker had some nice things to say about SDSU throughout the game. The halftime guys(including Gene Keady) thought the Gophers were going to run away with it, but we didn't let them. SDSU played with the intensity needed each game, and I loved to see the rebounding differential late in the game. We did not win, and I am disappointed in that, but we certainly found out how we need to play in order to get to that next level. The Jacks are on their way back.

I can't wait to watch the Idaho game in Frost this weekend! Get back in the winning column! Playing like we did tonight will undoubtedly get us in there.

Comment

12,000 plus.... I didn't realize that Tubby was that big of a deal in Minnesota.... Looked packed on Keloland.... they didn't show Kai's dunk I am hoping that it ends up on Youtube...... And I don't know what the deal is out here at BHSU ESPN News just vanished so I am hoping that they show highlights on Sportscenter but they really like the NBA for some reason.

Comment

Minnesota student newspaper coverage of the game:

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2007/12/12/72165028

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2007/12/12/72165029
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Finally, a little respect from The Gopherhole.

http://p218.ezboard.com/Some-thought...ID=13857.topic
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Watched the game at Shanagan's in SF last night and was very impressed and very proud of this team. Would've loved a win, but to be honest after the ORU game, I was very nervous to say the least.
                  It was fun to watch Callahan go nuts on the Gophers at the Barn, I'm sure it will be a game that Garrett will remember for the rest of his life.
                  UNI maybe able to say they didn't play well against us at Frost, but there is no way that anyone who watched that game last night, could honestly say the Gophers didn't play well. I would go so far as to say, that besides rebounding, that is as well as the Gophers are going to play.

This SDSU team is going to be alright this year. It's going to be a roller coaster ride, and I think youth will be the biggest reason for the ups and down throughout the year. But if they all stick together, the next few years are looking very good for SDSU men's basketball.

I'm only going to say this once and be done with it. As one referee to another...you three Big Ten officials should be ashamed of 4 of the 5 fouls called on Beran, they where ridiculous. There, I said it, now I feel better.

Can't wait to get to Brookings on Saturday!!

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It was an exciting game to listen to and friends of our's in North Dakota taped the game for us and we are anxious to watch the game here at home. I hope everyone stays healthy for the remainder of the season and come February this team will be really excelling....

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      Watched the game at Shanagan's in SF last night and was very impressed and very proud of this team. Would've loved a win, but to be honest after the ORU game, I was very nervous to say the least.
                      It was fun to watch Callahan go nuts on the Gophers at the Barn, I'm sure it will be a game that Garrett will remember for the rest of his life.
                      UNI maybe able to say they didn't play well against us at Frost, but there is no way that anyone who watched that game last night, could honestly say the Gophers didn't play well. I would go so far as to say, that besides rebounding, that is as well as the Gophers are going to play.

This SDSU team is going to be alright this year. It's going to be a roller coaster ride, and I think youth will be the biggest reason for the ups and down throughout the year. But if they all stick together, the next few years are looking very good for SDSU men's basketball.

I'm only going to say this once and be done with it. As one referee to another...you three Big Ten officials should be ashamed of 4 of the 5 fouls called on Beran, they where ridiculous. There, I said it, now I feel better.

Can't wait to get to Brookings on Saturday!!

Go Jacks!!
                      I agree with you! For most of the game, the Jacks played really well. Was really surprised the Jacks didn't handle the press better and rebounding off missed free throws. I watched the game from a friends house and was proud the guys played a good game. Looking forward to the game on Saturday!
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I was at the game and was very impressed with the Jacks play. I was sitting about 10 rows behind the Jacks' bench and you could tell that they were gaining confidence as the game went on and really felt they could win. Coach Nagy hung right with Tubby the entire game and I like that he refused to accept any "moral victories" after the game. I have always been impressed with Coach Nagy, especially with the way he has hung in and kept working through the hard times the last few years.

Williams' dunk on the inbounds play was great. They tried it a couple minutes earlier and it did not work, but when it did work it really quited the crowd and gave the Jacks a boost.

Berte played great. He made Spencer Tollackson look pretty silly in battles for rebounds. He, Beran, and Loney really showed a lot of hustle and grit in handling the Gopher big men.

All in all, an impressive showing by the Jacks. They played extremely hard and poised and fought to the final buzzer. I wish I would have seen more Jacks fan there, but they began making more noise as the game went on. I personally am an SDSU and U of M grad, and big fan of both teams, but was wearing the yellow and blue and pulling for the Jacks last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BCJacks View Post
                          I was at the game and was very impressed with the Jacks play. I was sitting about 10 rows behind the Jacks' bench and you could tell that they were gaining confidence as the game went on and really felt they could win. Coach Nagy hung right with Tubby the entire game and I like that he refused to accept any "moral victories" after the game. I have always been impressed with Coach Nagy, especially with the way he has hung in and kept working through the hard times the last few years.

Williams' dunk on the inbounds play was great. They tried it a couple minutes earlier and it did not work, but when it did work it really quited the crowd and gave the Jacks a boost.

Berte played great. He made Spencer Tollackson look pretty silly in battles for rebounds. He, Beran, and Loney really showed a lot of hustle and grit in handling the Gopher big men.

All in all, an impressive showing by the Jacks. They played extremely hard and poised and fought to the final buzzer. I wish I would have seen more Jacks fan there, but they began making more noise as the game went on. I personally am an SDSU and U of M grad, and big fan of both teams, but was wearing the yellow and blue and pulling for the Jacks last night.
                          Great first post and and rep points for sporting SDSU gear last night!

Comment

I too was at Blarney's and the game - courtside I might add (friends in the right places I guess). Overall, the game should be a fantastic confidence booster for the team. It might even help recruiting out of the Cities down the road for all of our teams!

What I wanted to post today was that I disagreed with comments on WNAX today (sorry don't remember who) about SDSU matching up height wise. SDSU is markedly shorter than the Gophers - and was for most of the match-ups during the game. But, we had position when the Gophers had the height. The Jacks broke the press remarkably well and should be able to break anything in the Summit!

One other small item, the calls were poor both ways. We needed most of the bad calls to win and only got half of them. They put up a tremendous effort and we should be proud of them for that.

I was also up the donor area before the game. I'm not sure how free beer and pretzels would go over in Frost, but it was interesting wearing a bright blue sweatshirt up there with a cold MGD!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatland Stater View Post
                              I too was at Blarney's and the game - courtside I might add (friends in the right places I guess). Overall, the game should be a fantastic confidence booster for the team. It might even help recruiting out of the Cities down the road for all of our teams!

What I wanted to post today was that I disagreed with comments on WNAX today (sorry don't remember who) about SDSU matching up height wise. SDSU is markedly shorter than the Gophers - and was for most of the match-ups during the game. But, we had position when the Gophers had the height. The Jacks broke the press remarkably well and should be able to break anything in the Summit!

One other small item, the calls were poor both ways. We needed most of the bad calls to win and only got half of them. They put up a tremendous effort and we should be proud of them for that.

I was also up the donor area before the game. I'm not sure how free beer and pretzels would go over in Frost, but it was interesting wearing a bright blue sweatshirt up there with a cold MGD!
                              Thanks for the perspective and welcome to the board!

Comment

The St. Paul Pioneer Press had some grudgingly flattering observations about the Jacks' performance:
                                http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1

Part of the Pioneer Press report:
                                Minnesota shot 60 percent from the field in the second half and 56 percent for the game but gave up 19 offensive rebounds to an undersized opponent. South Dakota has not beaten the Gophers in 11 tries, but Jackrabbits coach Scott Nagy wasn't surprised by the outcome.
                                "We showed up, looked them in the eye and played the way we're capable of playing," Nagy said. "The rebounding shows that."
                                Gophers coach Tubby Smith said his team wouldn't forget this game, but he was proud of the way it escaped after being as shocked as the home crowd after facing its toughest game since a 75-61 loss Nov. 27 at Florida State. Minnesota next plays Santa Clara at home Dec. 22.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X