Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2007 Recruits

Originally posted by Blue
    I'm almost positive about this, I believe Wade Kooiman, who is now Dakota State's head men's basketball coach, was the last men's basketball player to come from California.  
    You could count Anthony Cordova......who spent most of his life in CA before coming to SD his soph summer.....but that is a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
      [quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/360#366 date=1177462571]I posted something dumb, what a surprise I got attacked... big deal im kind of used to it..

It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships... I may not be creditable and I may say alot of dumb things but I don't come on here and sound creditable when all the stuff i say i crap.. You said how SDSU needs to get a kid like Louie Krogman when playing for the scholers, now your saying well they don't need them. As far as 300 kids with a tallent level of Craig Doty, I think you need to check your figures, there isnt 300 kids with the talent level of myself and I havn't played in well along time.

Don't attack my post just say no I don't think SDSU should go in that direction.

Do you see SDSU redshirting many of these kids? I would redshirt Moss and Sargent as in there prety much the same player as Cadwell and Kai... As far as Cassady and Palarca... both play possitions that would allow them to come in and play good minutes, and I don't know enough about the two guys too know if a redshirt would benifit them or not.

And as far as Alcester being in Scotland I don't get the joke at all, Alcester is east of Berdsford. Scotland the town is west of Yankton and Scotland the country is part of the United Kingdom.

SDSU has signed a 4 year HS player from CA.  That leaves them with one scholarship left right now that is going towards a JUCO player.  They will sit on a scholarship for the 2009 class and give the JUCO one to either White or Fiegen in two years.

For the 2008 class they only have one remaining scholarship.....why because they already have received a verbal from Colorado HS Athlete James Rader (6'7" 4-man).

The remaining scholarship in the 2008 class will be put towards a big.  They won't sign a guard.....UNLESS SOMEONE LEAVES AGAIN!  Gee funny how when scholarship athletes leave they open up scholarships and needs, making room for more athletes and making it possible to sign more kids in a given class.

This is the current state of recruitment today at SDSU.......oh and they anticipate 4 scholarships for the 2010 class.....good thing.......decent athletes in state to choose from that year.

[/quote]
      Thanks for your insight Cadsev.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
        It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships.
        I think Nagy's poker face is better than you think there joeboo. Needs change with time.

Comment

[quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/360#366 date=1177462571]It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships.
          I think Nagy's poker face is better than you think there joeboo.  Needs change with time.[/quote]

Cadsev, I welcome your insight. I hope you continue posting your thoughts and opinions.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

So here is the expected roster for next year, ? marks mean I don't know if they are returning
            Mackenzie Casey? SR  x
            Troy Wipf? SR  x
            Garrett Callahan SO
            Matt Cadwell? JR
            Blake Yackley SO   x
            Kai Williams SO
            Thomas Bassett SO
            Mark Engen SO
            Michael Looney SR
            Ben Beran SR   x?
            Mohamed Berte SR?
            Anthony Cordova FR
            Dale Moss FR
            Clint Sargent FR
            Josh Cassady FR
            Michael Palarca FR

x are the walkons

Comment

[quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/360#366 date=1177462571]It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships.
              I think Nagy's poker face is better than you think there joeboo.  Needs change with time.[/quote]

Huh???? are you saying that Nagy is feeding Cadsev bs or what thats the only thing I can get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                [quote author=Blue link=1131660049/375#377 date=1177473240][quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/360#366 date=1177462571]It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships.

Cadsev, I welcome your insight.  I hope you continue posting your thoughts and opinions.[/quote]

I enjoy everybody’s insight, and would like to read everybody’s thoughts and opinions with out ridicule. Maybe thats just me.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[quote author=Blue link=1131660049/375#377 date=1177473240][quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/360#366 date=1177462571]It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships.

Huh???? are you saying that Nagy is feeding Cadsev bs or what thats the only thing I can get out of it.[/quote]
                  I'm saying well i can't say what i'm saying cuz the mods will censor it. But there is a quote from Coach in my signature. Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

[quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/375#380 date=1177473794][quote author=Blue link=1131660049/375#377 date=1177473240][quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/360#366 date=1177462571]It gets Old Cadsev your not as creditable as you seem. I looked back at some of your post, first you said that State was done after signing Sargent, Moss, and the Madison kids... You also stated that State was going to quit with the 2 freshman and only go after JuCo kids to even out the scholarships.

Huh???? are you saying that Nagy is feeding Cadsev bs or what thats the only thing I can get out of it.[/quote]
                    I'm saying well i can't say what i'm saying cuz the mods will censor it.  But there is a quote from Coach in my signature. Take it for what it's worth.[/quote]

Soo there are things going on behind the scenes that we dont know about?  viods, as in certain players? could mean a lot of things to me.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

they finished the season with 8 scholarship players in which 2 of them were seniors you could take that quote a million different ways. I get what your saying though..

Comment

* from the moderator:

deleted post for lack of source (are we going to go through this again?)

Comment

So here is the expected roster for next year, ? marks mean I don't know if they are returning
                          Mackenzie Casey? SR  x
                          Troy Wipf? SR  x
                          Garrett Callahan SO
                          Matt Cadwell? JR
                          Blake Yackley SO   x
                          Kai Williams SO
                          Thomas Bassett SO
                          Mark Engen SO
                          Michael Looney SR
                          Ben Beran SR   x?
                          Mohamed Berte SR?
                          Antonio Thomson FR
                          Dale Moss FR
                          Clint Sargent FR
                          Josh Cassady FR
                          Michael Palarca FR

x are the walkons
                          Who's Antonio Thomson? I don't see Cordova on here.

Comment

I'm saying well i can't say what i'm saying cuz the mods will censor it.  But there is a quote from Coach in my signature. Take it for what it's worth.
                            I'll take it for not worth much, Blue. For some reason, I have this mental picture of me meeting Blue in person and going through a "Three Stooges" --like routine (you know, poke the eyes, couple of -nyuk nyuks and a hit on the head). Blue, you're trying to be pesky by dangling something out there you can't or won't prove so please stop.

Now, I'll let you in on a little secret: this message board software allows the moderators to do all kinds of impressive things. For example, we have just decreed that the new recruit out of California is definitely 5'10" -- end of discussion! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                              [quote author=joeboo22 link=1131660049/375#379 date=1177473686]So here is the expected roster for next year, ? marks mean I don't know if they are returning
                              Mackenzie Casey? SR  x
                              Troy Wipf? SR  x
                              Garrett Callahan SO
                              Matt Cadwell? JR
                              Blake Yackley SO   x
                              Kai Williams SO
                              Thomas Bassett SO
                              Mark Engen SO
                              Michael Looney SR
                              Ben Beran SR   x?
                              Mohamed Berte SR?
                              Anthony Cardova FR
                              Dale Moss FR
                              Clint Sargent FR
                              Josh Cassady FR
                              Michael Palarca FR

x are the walkons
                              Who's Antonio Thomson?  I don't see Cordova on here.[/quote]

Thats who I ment I've gotten those two confused since high school... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                                [quote author=Blue link=1131660049/375#382 date=1177473901]I'm saying well i can't say what i'm saying cuz the mods will censor it.  But there is a quote from Coach in my signature. Take it for what it's worth.
                                I'll take it for not worth much, Blue.  For some reason, I have this mental picture of me meeting Blue in person and going through a "Three Stooges" --like routine (you know, poke the eyes, couple of -nyuk nyuks and a hit on the head).  Blue, you're trying to be pesky by dangling something out there you can't or won't prove so please stop.

Now, I'll let you in on a little secret: this message board software allows the moderators to do all kinds of impressive things.  For example, we have just decreed that the new recruit out of California is definitely 5'10" -- end of discussion!   ;D  [/quote]

I'm sticking with 5'8" and bluehat.

Comment

Working...
                                X