2007 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2007 Recruits

I got this out of a Smokey Hills High School year book...

Since age 4, junior Josh Caddady has been dribbling a basketball. The 6'6" power forward can not only dunk the ball with his 29" vertical but is also an excellent three point shooter. "During the summer, I would shoot the 200-300 shots a day." said Cassady. The result was being one of the Top Ten juniors in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue
      I have seen him scrimmaging with Beran, Berte, DeBoer, DC, Stoebner and some other former basketball players a couple times before games.  He looks outta shape, a Keg is a shape, but not a good shape,  kind of but thats my take.
      I thought thats what every one said this team needed was a wide body, or not that kinda wide body? I watched him srrimmage those guys and he wasnt that bad atleast to me. but then again conditioning seemed to be one problem with this team so maybe he is hopfully working on his athletisism.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
        I got this out of a Smokey Hills High School year book...

Since age 4, junior Josh Caddady has been dribbling a basketball. The 6'6" power forward can not only dunk the ball with his 29" vertical but is also an excellent three point shooter. "During the summer, I would shoot the 200-300 shots a day." said Cassady. The result was being one of the Top Ten juniors in the state.
        29 inch vert sounds good to me. but i dont know if 2 feet 5 inches is good for a vert. What is Kai's vert? I think cadwell missed out on a chance to have a really speacial team around him with the 2 Bs coming back and the 4 new guys. Oh well i guess, more playing time for the others.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
          [quote author=Blue link=1131660049/420#433 date=1178306095]I have seen him scrimmaging with Beran, Berte, DeBoer, DC, Stoebner and some other former basketball players a couple times before games.  He looks outta shape, a Keg is a shape, but not a good shape,  kind of but thats my take.
          haha, is he allowed to participate in practices now? Any whispers on JuCo transfers??[/quote]

The season is over, it ended in March. Offical practice doesn't begin again until the fall. Until that time Cordova is/has always been able to workout with the team during preseason workouts (non official workouts-not involving the coaching staff).

Comment

heard dale moss recieved south dakota coaches association player of the year....looks like we have a nice 2007 class coming in, i'm excited to see what they can do

Go Jacks

Comment

If we could add one more big junior college center/strong forward to this team than I think we have all the potential components to be competitive in the Summit! I see the Junior College Players now are starting to make some committs to the DII schools.

Comment

James Granstra a 6'10" player that SDSU had interest in (that intrest cooled a few months ago) and we posted some about, has signed with Western Ill. so we will get to see a lot of him.

http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArti...;ATCLID=884218

Frontline duo sign-on with Thomas and the Leathernecks for 2007-08 basketball season

MACOMB, Ill. - Western Illinois head coach Derek Thomas announced the signing of two forwards to the 2007-08 Leatherneck basketball team, Friday.

Delvon Johnson of Chicago Heights, Ill., and James Granstra from Lake Herron, Minn., will join the program as freshmen in the fall. . . .

At 245 pounds, Granstra will challenge current forward Louis Johnson for the title of largest Leatherneck. The 6-foot-10 forward will come to Macomb from Southwest Star Concept High School, where he garnered Associated Press All-State Honorable Mention honors as a junior and a senior and was a Mr. Basketball Minnesota Top-20 Finalist.

“James is a guy who is growing into his body and already has an idea of who he is,” Thomas said. “He’s a big guy and he likes being a big guy. He’ll be able to help us a lot defensively next year.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

I guess Garrett's brother Griffan has signed with UND after blowing some chances to sign with a couple D-1 programs.

Comment

I believe today is the end of the late signing period? I think we can continue to sign players, but not sure if there are restrictions. Maybe somebody else with the knowledge of the rules can comment.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      I believe today is the end of the late signing period? I think we can continue to sign players, but not sure if there are restrictions. Maybe somebody else with the knowledge of the rules can comment.

Tomorrow is the last day.

Go State!

Comment

I saw a story recently regarding the fact all coaches are looking for quality big men. This quote is what the Jacks coaches are up against! "Landing a post player with skills and good grades is nearly impossible this late in the recruiting game". I think we are better saving the scholarship rather than take an unreasonable chance on a player who can't stay eligible.

Comment

When we were down in Brookings to pick up Kai I asked Coach Cunningham about the 16th of May signing day as that day is the day Kai signed last year, and he told me that they can sign players after that date, but most players do sign by the 16th.

Comment

6'10 Freshman Center Dan Vandervieren has received his release from Purdue. He played his high school ball at Hopkins in Minnetonka, MN. He had received several scholarships offers out of high school from area schools like NDSU, UNI and Montana. My understanding is he cannot receive a scholarship from another Big 10 school and would have to sit out a year if he transfers to another DI school. Could be an option for the Jacks.

Comment

6'10 Freshman Center Dan Vandervieren has received his release from Purdue. He played his high school ball at Hopkins in Minnetonka, MN. He had received several scholarships offers out of high school from area schools like NDSU, UNI and Montana. My understanding is he cannot receive a scholarship from another Big 10 school and would have to sit out a year if he transfers to another DI school. Could be an option for the Jacks.
                              Vandervieren is joining Tim Miles at Colorado State. He will have to sit out a year.

Comment

Imagine if Miles would have stayed and he would have went to No Dak State.....they would have been solid with those 4 seniors and him as their big a couple years down the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X