• Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 Roster

I heard he wasn't that great anyways

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
      I heard he wasn't that great anyways
      SDSU does not have to take chances on anyone. Athletic skill should never be an over riding factor. Being D1 we have higher standards and its about time some coaches figured this out.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Ya I think we should send a coach to sit on Schillings living room and do whatever it takes (bail him out of jail, do his homework, whatever) Iverson (pay the guy if thats what it takes) and Cutler's I know hes only a junior but I would have Christianson right next to the bball coach and the two can try to out do each other for his rights o ya and I wouldn't turn a blind eye on Louie K either.

I hope you know i'm just kidding I would never want SDSU to get into any trouble with the NCAA but I do think we have to up are recruitment on some of these kids so they don't leave the state.

Comment

Mr. Wyatt apparently couldn't cut it off court, and that's too bad. He sounded like a talented recruit with good experience to boot. Oh well, it will be fun to argue the next few months over how to spend that unexpected scholarship. But I sure look forward to a school year in which the Jacks don't lose anyone unexpectedly from the men's basketball team.
          This space for lease.

Comment

If I am not mistaken that is an 09 scholarship already so next year it could only be used for a J.C. or transfer senior next year. The only possible thing would be if Chad White's injury is worse then expected. (I would think water skiing injury would be grounds for taking a scholarship away)

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              The only possible thing would be if Chad White's injury is worse then expected. (I would think water skiing injury would be grounds for taking a scholarship away)
              Are you kidding me? This is a 16-17 year old kid. What is he suppose to be, locked up in his room until he becomes a member of the basketball team at SDSU.

Comment

Ya I think we should send a coach to sit on Schillings living room and do whatever it takes (bail him out of jail, do his homework, whatever) Iverson (pay the guy if thats what it takes) and Cutler's I know hes only a junior but I would have Christianson right next to the bball coach and the two can try to out do each other for his rights o ya and I wouldn't turn a blind eye on Louie K either.

I hope you know i'm just kidding I would never want SDSU to get into any trouble with the NCAA but I do think we have to up are recruitment on some of these kids so they don't leave the state.
                I guess I've missed something. Who is Cutler?

Comment

Keith Cutler he is from Platte a 6-0 sharp shooter, his dad is the coach in comparing him to Chad White he is a better shooter but not quite as good off of the dribble. The one thing that will hurt Cutler is that he plays all sports (football, baseball and basketball) so he isn't a member of a summer team.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Are you kidding me? This is a 16-17 year old kid. What is he suppose to be, locked up in his room until he becomes a member of the basketball team at SDSU.
                    No I don't I was just stating that the only way we are going to get a scholarship for a 4 year player is if his injury is worse then expected. I was then stating that an injury like that would be grounds for revolking his scholarship. I could care less what the kid does all what I am saying is if a kid wants to go out and have fun they have to live with the choice they made.

Comment

I highly doubt that decision is going to be made now (revoking his scholarship)- so why bother talking about it. Chad is only going to be a junior and has plenty of time to make a full recovery. To compare Cutler to White is silly when one is 6'0 and the other is 6'7.

Comment

Keith Cutler he is from Platte a 6-0 sharp shooter, his dad is the coach in comparing him to Chad White he is a better shooter but not quite as good off of the dribble. The one thing that will hurt Cutler is that he plays all sports (football, baseball and basketball) so he isn't a member of a summer team.
                        There is no way that Cutler is even close to being a D2 guard, much less playing small D1. His future is GPAC.

Comment

I think his future is with the SDSU baseball team to tell you the truth (his dad played baseball as sdsu) I talked to him about basketball and this includes the whole Platte basketball team and they all said that they like baseball more. They won state VFW teeners this summer.... And I would put money on it that if he would of played for a summer basketball team (schoolers/heat) that he would be on a lot more peoples radar.

And again I asked a guy that knows a lot about basketball and he rated Cutler as the 2nd best guard in the state behind Louie.

I think the guy to keep an eye on from platte is Ringling if he grows 3-4 more inches he could be one hell of a post player its just whether he is going to be a 6-4 center or a 6-8 center i'm not saying that he is sdsu material by any means just saying keep an eye on him.

Comment

I think the guy to keep an eye on from platte is Ringling if he grows 3-4 more inches he could be one hell of a post player its just whether he is going to be a 6-4 center or a 6-8 center i'm not saying that he is sdsu material by any means just saying keep an eye on him.
                            You know if more post players would be 6-8 instead of 6-4, they would be better.

Comment

This thread has drifted into the next county!

Perhaps the discussions about high schoolers can find its way to another section like "Around South Dakota".

Comment

Too bring this thread back on track... has anybody heard of any new kids walking on?

Comment

Working...
                                X