This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Congratulations on landing Wolters. He should be a very good player in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      When I talked to Coach Nagy months ago about Nate he was so excited that he was even considering SDSU. Then, some things happened and we all heard he wasn't considering SDSU. Then, I talked to Coach Nagy again last week and he was confident that Nate was going to choose SDSU. That night Coach was as excited as I have seen him in a long while.

Things are definitely looking up and not just because things have been so tough the last few years. We have a great group of young players joining a group of juniors and seniors that have been working hard to establish the program. Coach Nagy has been with them all along.

Get you season tickets reordered early, maybe add one or two this year and bring some friends. If you don't own season tickets this is the year.
      Ditto on getting the Season Tickets ordered. This is going to be a fun brand of Basketball to watch for the next several years and filling Frost to the rafters will give us a decided avantage again!

Comment

I obviously have never seen Nate play, but based upon what I have read he sounds like a really good player. He is also a player that fills a need position. You can argue that we need a center also, but PG is another postion that we really need.

This years recruiting class should really help develop this program during the next 4 years.

Congratulations to Nate and welcome to the Jackrabbit family!!

Go State!!!
        Go Jacks!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Congratulations to the coaching staff. It is hard not to get excited about the future of SDSU mens basketball. All those people giving coach Nagy a hard time need to give him some credit with the addition of these four players next year and the two future verbals.

Comment

Wow pretty amazing how the signing of a few recruits changes the mood on this site....the coaches go from goats to heros in a matter of months....glad to finally see people getting behind the program and hopefully everyone has patience that the young recruits still need to develop and blend with the existing athletes.

The returning core roster is solid and the injection of the new talent will help bring the program back to prominance and make a run at the Summit League title.

Congrats to the coaching staff on a job well done!

Comment

That bandwagon that a few months ago was a little sparsely populated is approaching SRO today... Crazy what a good recruiting class can do.
              Also, mght it be stipulated that the "indecision" comments re: the latest signee are irrelevant now and maybe were a little over the top? Remember yourself at age 18 and making your first big life decision.
              Congratulations to all Jack signees. Hope you become a cohesive group that benefits from the hard work and opportunity that's ahead of you.

Comment

Here is what some people are saying about Wolters being a Jackrabbit on another message board. Reading these makes it even more exciting!

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/sho...id=921&style=2

Comment

From GoJacks.com Do you think Nagy is just a little excited in his comments!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3730430

Comment

I've been holding off on the excitement until I knew it was official. After seeing today's Argus it appears as it is so. This is GREAT news!

This program is on it's way back up! Fiegen, White, Carlson, Horstman and recently Heemstra and Wolters. All local and all can play!

Congrats to Coaches Nagy, Klink, Austin, etc.

We welcome the Wolters family to the Jackrabbits family.

Comment

I watched Nate play a little bit when the Minnesota High School Tournament was on TV here in Brookings, he's very, very good.

Huge get for the Jacks.

Comment

new info in this TV post

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Comment

great job.... we have now some great verbals and signed players

Coming year
                          Chad White
                          Tony Feigen
                          Brayden Carlson
                          Nate Wolters

Marcus Heemstra

Zach Horstman

thats a pretty solid core of recruits coming in through the next few years... all of them local too....

Comment

With the gaps at center and PG, I totally agree with something TV said a while back: A center needs to have the ball passed to him, the point guard handles the ball every play--filling that hole seems much more important.

So, a good day to be a Jackrabbit?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              So, a good day to be a Jackrabbit?
                              Not a good day...A GREAT DAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                                Not a good day...A GREAT DAY!!!
                                Isn't that every day for a Jackrabbit?

Comment