F William Whorton 6’8”
    G Joe Sayler 6’3”
    F Damon Wilkinson 6’10”

Fr:
    F Stoney Hadnot 6’5”
    G Jaden Jackson 6’0”
    G Owen Larson 6’2”
    F/C Alec Squires 6’10”

At least one scholarship available for next year, but probably will want somebody with only 1 year left of eligibility, given there will be no graduating seniors. Obviously, this list is bound to change.

4/8: Edited Tanner Te Slaa out.
    4/16: Added Lindsey and Cluff.
    Last edited by DieselJacks; 04-16-2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
      Current Roster 2024-2025 (I might edit this as news comes in):

Jr:
      F Matthew Mors 6’7”
      F Nate Barnhart 7’0”
      G Tanner Te Slaa 6’5”

So:
      G Kalen Garry 6’3”
      G Bubz Alvarez 6’5”

R Fr:
      F William Whorton 6’8”
      G Joe Sayler 6’3”
      F Damon Wilkinson 6’10”

Fr:
      F Stoney Hadnot 6’5”
      G Jaden Jackson 6’0”
      G Owen Larson 6’2”
      F/C Alec Squires 6’10”

At least one scholarship available for next year, but probably will want somebody with only 1 year left of eligibility, given there will be no graduating seniors. Obviously, this list is bound to change.
      One of incoming recruits will be a walk on year 1. Roster will have 14 players. 2 transfers will be signed...unless there are more defections.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Subscribed to a portal scouting service that tracks who is interested in portal players. It has the Jacks showing interest in 3 players. Two D2 forwards : 6'8 soph Nordin Kapic from Lynn Univ.(Florida) and 6'7 Jr Deng Deang from Post Univ (Conn), who is originally from St. Cloud. And G Quentin Jones, 6'5 Fr who started every game but 1 at Cal Poly. The service relies on the players telling who is showing interest, so the Jacks very well could be recruiting more than these 3.

Comment

These are some of the individuals the Jacks are "interested" in:

Quentin Jones - Cal Poly (original source 3/18) - 6'5" 170lb 9.7/4.4/1.5 on 36.8/40.2/64.3 -> updated list of universities who have contacted him
          Jacksen Moni - Northern State D2 (source 3/26) - 6'10 forward 21.3/6.1/3.6 on 47.4/32.9/88.6
          Kamryn Thomas - Hutchinson Junior College (source 3/25) - 6'8" 200lb guard/forward 16.2/6/1 on 47.5/41.1/78.2
          Deng Deang - Post University D2 (source 3/22) - 6'7" wing 17/8/2 on 47/40/76
          Max Weisbrod - Northern Michigan D2 (source 3/21) - committed to UNI 3/27
          Nordin Kapic - Lynn D2 (source 3/20) - 6'8 245lb forward 20ppg/9rpg/2apg 42% from 3

In terms of offers, none of these players have announced one from SDSU. In terms of other summit schools, USD and NDSU, who were impacted much earlier, have larger "interest" lists and both have sent out offers to players.

updated 4/10
          Keenan Fitzmorris - Stony Brook grad transfer (source 4/8) - 7'0" center 11/4/1 on 50.9/33.3 (27 taken)/76.7
          Ring Malith - Barton Community College (source 4/10) - 6'9" G/F 6.3/3.3 /0.8 on 39.4/33/63 6 games started 33 played, 14.5 mpg
          Last edited by peavy; 04-10-2024, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

Quentin Jones - Cal Poly (original source 3/18) - 6'5" 170lb 9.7/4.4/1.5 on 36.8/40.2/64.3 -> updated list of universities who have contacted him
            Jacksen Moni - Northern State D2 (source 3/26) - 6'10 forward 21.3/6.1/3.6 on 47.4/32.9/88.6
            Kamryn Thomas - Hutchinson Junior College (source 3/25) - 6'8" 200lb guard/forward 16.2/6/1 on 47.5/41.1/78.2
            Nordin Kapic - Lynn D2 (source 3/20) - 6'8 245lb forward 20ppg/9rpg/2apg 42% from 3

In terms of offers, none of these players have announced one from SDSU. In terms of other summit schools, USD and NDSU, who were impacted much earlier, have larger "interest" lists and both have sent out offers to players.
            Interesting. Several D-2 guys. If they can play, what the heck. Thanks, Peavy.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Interesting. Several D-2 guys. If they can play, what the heck. Thanks, Peavy.
              The football team has turned out really well bringing in players from lower divisions. Makes just as much sense as bringing in players washing out at bigger schools.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

That's part of why I said that it would probably take an act of Congress to make the system legal.

I agree that the NCAA has pretty much forfeited any pretense of control over the situation.
                Maybe it’s the skepticism in me but I can’t help but think that if the major power conferences were getting gutted of their top talent every year like the mid majors are, we would already have legislation. They like the free agency idea that can pluck the talent they want to buy themselves a championship team. It’s an arms race and eventually it will hurt the NCAA tournament as there will be no Cinderellas winning in the first 2 rounds. If 20 to 30 point blowouts become routine, they aren’t that entertaining for the casual fan. I predict there will be a move to remove the mid majors from the tournament all together and keep the money for themselves. It’s all about ROI. Much like the FBS football is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

Jones and Moni would be big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TeSlaa just entered the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      TeSlaa just entered the portal.
                      Dang. I was hoping that Tanner would stick with the Jacks.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

• If my math is correct, that means 11 roster spots are filled for next season between returnees and recruits. Which should mean bringing in at least two through the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Dang. I was hoping that Tanner would stick with the Jacks.
                          His minutes were cut in half from a season ago. Was surprised to see that he only played a total of 8 minutes once the conference schedule began, which had to be frustrating for him. It seemed that after Mims got healthy, all the guard back-up minutes went to Garry and Bubz.

Comment

• Morgan from NDSU committed to Nebraska. Huskers like that Bison connection!

Comment

• Portal Updates reports that the Jacks have reached out to 7'0 grad transfer Keenan Fitzmorris from Stony Brook.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Portal Updates reports that the Jacks have reached out to 7'0 grad transfer Keenan Fitzmorris from Stony Brook.
                                He's an interesting story. Was at Stanford prior to Stony Brook, originally from KS, and played senior year of HS at New Hampton in NH.

Comment

Working...
                                X