GDT: SDSU vs USD 1pm SCSC Midco/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    i have said it so many times this year, but i love the energy that Mohrs gives us when he is on the floor. he needs to be smart with his shot choices but i feel like he will get better next year with more minutes. that said there are several young bigs behind him on the bench who are obviously going to push him to see who gets Lukes minutes
    He definitely needs to get more minutes, especially against teams that play smaller 4's.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
      Good win. 7 in a row vs the Yotes. Easley carried us today but everyone played well. Kyle III was very impressive especially on the boards. Keep the momentum going.

Denver lost. Jacks alone in first for now.
      also, UNO came into the week on top of the conference and they drop both games

and a great weekend at home for UND

every game is gonna be a battle. cannot have a bad night or take a night off

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

He definitely needs to get more minutes, especially against teams that play smaller 4's.
        i would love to see him get more minutes!!! i just dont see where they come from?? at this point, i believe he is doing more to help his teammates than Luke is doing and i am fine if he takes some of those minutes, but I think the coaches are going to hang with Luke until the end so i am hoping for Luke to take advantage of the coaches faith and get everything put together before the SLT

i truly DO NOT mean to being ripping on Luke! i think his teammates like him a lot and i wish the best for him!!

it feels a lot like last year with the WBB where paiton had a tough final year and Kallie was SO SO GOOD and definitely deserved more minutes. now by comparison, i think Paiton had a better year than Luke is having- despite big time shooting struggles she still did more to help her team win than Luke is doing- and Kallie had a totally dominant year off the bench and i am not hinting in any way that Mohrs is close to that, but i think like Paiton, Luke is going to get EVERY opportunity because he is a senior and has been a good jackrabbit

Comment

It’s pretty clear how much better this team is now that Mims is settling in. So many anxious fans underestimated his importance during the non-conference season.

11-5 will probably be good enough for a top-2 seed this year. Already having road wins at St. Thomas and USD is pretty big.

Comment

I didn't get to watch. But good win, and always good to beat those dogs at their place.

Comment

Also, I'm going to have to watch a replay, because I LOVE listening to Jay Elsen announce, when the Coyotes are getting stomped.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Also, I'm going to have to watch a replay, because I LOVE listening to Jay Elsen announce, when the Coyotes are getting stomped.
                I got a chuckle out of hearing the TV analyst say that SDSU had "a little bit of an advantage" in the all-time series against USD. The series stood at 137-97-1 in the Jacks' favor, according to an accompanying TV graphic. So before tipoff, the Jacks had a 40-game edge. That's quite a lead. I guess if USD wins every game for the next 25 years or so, the series will be even.
                Last edited by Jacked_Up; 01-22-2024, 09:38 PM.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

He is very limited in what he can provide against most teams.

Comment

Mors has almost exclusively positive plays when on the floor. Limited or not that’s what this team needs. He’s been limited to rebounds, steals, and high percentage shooting I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

He is very limited in what he can provide against most teams.
                      When the opponents have a 4 that operates on the perimeter and shoots 3's, I have more confidence in Mors' ability to defend that over either Luke or Barnhart.

Comment

I like that he gets after people. I feel like his usual role has changed. If you watched him through middle school/high school he was the man. Everything went through him. How good Yankton was going to be depended mostly on how Matthew played. At SDSU his role, in my opinion, is more of a role player. Not the guy who has to score for us to win, but the guy who comes off of the bench, plays nasty defense, makes smart plays on both ends of the court and hustles, hustles, hustles. I think he is doing all of that. Stepping back from what he has always known has got to be tough. Good for him, he makes the team better by doing so.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                        X