GDT: ORU vs SDSU/Senior Day 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: ORU vs SDSU/Senior Day 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

This is the end of the conference season already. It is the last game in Frost for 3 players. It is also the rematch for ORU which was a bullseye between the eyes for the Jackrabbits in Tulsa. ORU is trying to duplicate SDSU's undefeated conference season from a year ago. The Jackrabbits are likely expecting an inside game and an outside game from the Golden Eagles. Abmas and Vanover have some other sturdy teammates who all require attention. ORU is 4-5 point favorite coming into Frost. Hendo always says they go into a game believing they will win. Fans need to get to Frost on Senior Day to support the Jackrabbit win. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Last regular season in a place called "Frost Arena" too [although I think many of us will often have a mental lapse and call it Frost from time to time).

Comment

while the game technically has no meaning, there are a lot of reasons for WANTING to win this one. Hendo has never shown any desire to take a game off and always says that the team expects to win every game.

would be ironic to lose the "last game" in Frost where both BB teams have been WAY BEYOND dominant. plus senior day and the conference home game win streak (have not lost to a summit team at frost for over two years. i think today would be 20 or 21 in a row) and not letting them duplicate our feat from last year!!

i really REALLY want to see the jacks beat these guys and i believe they can!! that said, if i had anything to do with it and thought i had any special insight or plan for beating oru, i am NOT showing anything new today.

no matter how bad i want to see us knock them off today the more important game is in a week and a half. i suppose some might also debate the question, do we increase or decrease our chance of beating them in the SLT based on the result of the game today

Comment

Nothing to lose for the Jacks, but ORU is playing for NCAA seeding and possible at-large consideration. We’d kill any hope of that with a win today.

It will be interesting to watch how we defend the pick-and-roll with Abmas and his 7-5” partner. That’s hardly fair!

Then there are some cornerstone seniors who played as far back as the Daum era. What a career.

Interesting dynamics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          while the game technically has no meaning, there are a lot of reasons for WANTING to win this one. Hendo has never shown any desire to take a game off and always says that the team expects to win every game.

would be ironic to lose the "last game" in Frost where both BB teams have been WAY BEYOND dominant. plus senior day and the conference home game win streak (have not lost to a summit team at frost for over two years. i think today would be 20 or 21 in a row) and not letting them duplicate our feat from last year!!

i really REALLY want to see the jacks beat these guys and i believe they can!! that said, if i had anything to do with it and thought i had any special insight or plan for beating oru, i am NOT showing anything new today.

no matter how bad i want to see us knock them off today the more important game is in a week and a half. i suppose some might also debate the question, do we increase or decrease our chance of beating them in the SLT based on the result of the game today
          That's definitely one perspective, another might be that this would be the game to experiment with a few defensive strategies given the "low stakes/nothing-to-lose" circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Last regular season in a place called "Frost Arena" too [although I think many of us will often have a mental lapse and call it Frost from time to time).
            Why would it be the last game in Frost? The construction project will not be done until Fall of 2024 when the "New" Arean will be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post

Why would it be the last game in Frost? The construction project will not be done until Fall of 2024 when the "New" Arean will be ready.
              Phases of the project were detailed last summer. The second step will begin work on 2nd-level seating once the basketball season is over (20:40 mark).

While they aren't gutting Frost, the seating will be considerably different next season, so we'll have a "'Frist' Bank" hybrid through Summer 2024

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Nothing to lose for the Jacks, but ORU is playing for NCAA seeding and possible at-large consideration. We’d kill any hope of that with a win today.

It will be interesting to watch how we defend the pick-and-roll with Abmas and his 7-5” partner. That’s hardly fair!

Then there are some cornerstone seniors who played as far back as the Daum era. What a career.

Interesting dynamics.

Dealing with VanOver was the issue in December. He scored twenty-plus and Dent was held scoreless. He plays from the perimeter a lot, so not sure if Dent, Kyle or Mors is the best option to defend. Probably a combo of the three. The best option would be to get him in foul trouble early so he has to grab some bench.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Dealing with VanOver was the issue in December. He scored twenty-plus and Dent was held scoreless. He plays from the perimeter a lot, so not sure if Dent, Kyle or Mors is the best option to defend. Probably a combo of the three. The best option would be to get him in foul trouble early so he has to grab some bench.
                  Would it be asking too much to play this Nigel Powers classic on the videoboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Interesting dynamics.

interesting! i have not looked at their NET or any of the ncaa stuff for them. does someone think they really have any shot at an at large? again i have NOT looked at the rankings, but if they have a ranking that is close to what the jacks had last year, i would be really surprised

their OOC schedule was not particularly impressive. i would actually say that AT LEAST half of their OOC opponents were the definition of cupcakes.
                    and one of their losses was very bad. they lost to utah state by 10. utah state lost to Boise St by almost 25. you might remember the jacks beat Boise St (of course we beat them on the road! everyone we played OOC was on the road, right??)

yes they did play Houston who was ranked top 5 (and current #1) Lets compare:
                    they had THREE days between games to prepare and lost to UH by FORTY! truthfully, it seems like ORU was far more motivated to play the jacks than they were to play the #3 team in the country!

the Jacks played then rated about top ten Alabama (current #2 to UH current #1)
                    the jacks played UA, on the road, the day after playing another good opponent on the road and lost by 13

and the Summit is obviously down from what it was last year. they have not beaten anyone in conference this year who is the equivalent of SDSU, NDSU, or ORU from last year

their 39 point win over the jacks is a huge outlier

i also believe it shows, how other teams get up for the jacks regardless of our record or expectations. i DONT think the jacks were expecting them to play with that intensity / kind of thinking they could catch their breath a little with a conference game after their brutal OOC schedule (really bad mental preparation on the jacks part for that)

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post

i was surprised, but if i understood correctly, on the pregame radio, Tyler just said they will still call it frost next year??

Comment

game link

Comment

I'd say there would be a sliver of a chance for two Summit League MBB teams in the NCAA tournament if ORU wins today, then SDSU beats them in the conference championship game. ORU will have maybe done enough to be a bubble "last-four-in" type team. (The bottom of the Summit League needs to get a LOT better).
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i was surprised, but if i understood correctly, on the pregame radio, Tyler just said they will still call it frost next year??
                            Tyler did say that.

Comment

How that's a foul on Easley is beyond me

Comment

Working...
                              X