GDT: Jackrabbits vs yotes 6pm SCSC Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i think it is more than obvious from my comments that i agree with your sentiment here. hendo has always talked about wanting his guys to shoot with confidence. i am sure that impacts his discussions of shot selection and i wont pretend to know what those conversations are.

i always had some rules about if you miss X number of 3s in a row you try to get to the hole or the FT line before taking another one. i dont think that is the jacks / hendo's philosophy

based on tonight, as long as you GET AFTER IT on the boards and you control the TOs, you can still win games, while shooting seemingly too many 3s
    Agree, but passing up an open three because it is increasing your chances of winning, is different than passing up an open three because you have no confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Fun day...fun week! Listening to the post-game show after watching Midco. Tyler M is enjoying the interviews.

The color guy on Midco did a nice job throughout the game.

Time to have a celebratory beer.
      My Jacks app went wonky for a while, so I listened to Midco audio for a few mins, and I agree that Morris did well while I was listening. I'd be happy with him, Stemen, and Brown as commentators with Tom Nieman.
      Last edited by JackJD; 01-14-2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Fun day...fun week! Listening to the post-game show after watching Midco. Tyler M is enjoying the interviews.

The color guy on Midco did a nice job throughout the game.

Time to have a celebratory beer.
        You are welcome to have my celebratory beer too if you wish! i will stick to my coca cola)) DEFINITELY a great week to be a jackrabbit fan and lots to be grateful for and to celebrate!!

WE ARE SO STINKING BLESSED to be jacks fans!! the things we sometime worry about other fanbases would never even notice

Truly, WHAT other athletic programs in the country can match the winning percentages / home winning percentages / and playoff success of Jackrabbit FB, MBB, and WBB? and we are dang good in X country, track and field, wresting, and softball too!! baseball makes the conference tourney way more often than not and volleyball is coming on as well!! jackrabbit fans are overwhelmed with winning programs

[I corrected the spelling of 'celebratory beer' in my original post. JackJD]
        Last edited by JackJD; 01-14-2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

from what i get via jacks MBB social media, it seems like that is something he would be interested in, but i do not know off top of my head what his major is

hendo pretty much laid out his philosophy on shot selection in the postgame with Tyler. stated that he does not worry about the misses as long as they are taking the right shots. dont know exactly what that means for him and the jacks, but i have no doubt it includes shots off of inside touches and shots off of good passes and shots when you have your feet set and catch in good rhythm

and i know in one of my in game comments, i said the shots they were missing were GOOD looks. i would say almost every 3 they shot tonight fit those rules and especially the shots Mims took. i recall AA taking maybe a couple tougher shots and making at least one. AA is definitely NOT taking a lot of 3s and i would not say he is very often forcing them. Zeke also took some tough ones and obviously he has the greenest green light of anyone on the team

anyway that would probably not be my exact philosophy, but Hendo's belief is as long as you keep shooting GOOD 3s eventually your shooting percentage is gonna be what you want it to be

and AGAIN, we did win this game very comfortably and led by about 20 for a huge percentage of the minutes. so i guess as long as they shoot off of good looks AND duplicate this effort on the boards and continue to manage the TOs they should continue to get better
          Major listed on roster is consumer affairs. I thought his ad-libbed intro and interview with Tyler was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Agree, but passing up an open three because it is increasing your chances of winning, is different than passing up an open three because you have no confidence.
            i am not disagreeing with you)) i just laid out my philosophy at least a little. but Hendo's philosophy seems to be worry about getting good shots and the rest will take care of itself. he has done enough that i am willing to live with that. of course it makes absolutely no difference if i wm willing to or not)))) haha

in a very related note, i believe coach K's philosophy was ALWAYS play your butt off on D and rebound the ball and i will give you lots and lots of freedom on offense

lets see them dominate the boards and manage the turnovers going forward and i bet we will be pretty happy

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Major listed on roster is consumer affairs. I thought his ad-libbed intro and interview with Tyler was entertaining.
              have you seen his interviews of teammates on MBB social media? and Mesa B does them for the girls. they can be kinda fun and entertaining. seems like a bunch of kids who enjoy being around each other

Comment

Not surprised the Davis hire is Elsen's halftime feature
                If he wasn't an SDSU guy no one would give a ****. That whole thing was awkward.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

If that goes "viral," the Dairy Bar needs to churn up some vaccinated vanilla ice cream for my root beer floats
                  maybe they could come up with something to honor ALL the whiney opponents of the jacks))) i am thinking something with ingredients similar to sour cream raisin pie, called sour puss raisin. sorry i know ice cream flavor creation is your job and i wont interfere!! but i couldnt help this one

also, i have no suggestions about what, but i am surprised you have not come up with anything special for your frenemy Mr Newitt yet))))

Comment

My Jacks app went wonky for a while, so I listened to Midco audio for a few mins, and I agree that Morris did well while I was listening. I'd be happy with him, Stemen, and Brown as commentators with Tom Nieman.
                    Always enjoyed Morris when he did analysis on BTN.

Comment

have you seen his interviews of teammates on MBB social media? and Mesa B does them for the girls. they can be kinda fun and entertaining. seems like a bunch of kids who enjoy being around each other
                      No, that's one of the detriments to my social media minimalism. If they're anything like the interaction with Tyler, I'd probably find them entertaining too

Comment

maybe they could come up with something to honor ALL the whiney opponents of the jacks))) i am thinking something with ingredients similar to sour cream raisin pie, called sour puss raisin. sorry i know ice cream flavor creation is your job and i wont interfere!! but i couldnt help this one

also, i have no suggestions about what, but i am surprised you have not come up with anything special for your frenemy Mr Newitt yet))))
                        Those seem better suited for shirts/cardboard likenesses of a Rogue's Gallery/Mt. Rushmore of Sniverly.

If we want to go the dairy route, I'd probably start with expired cottage cheese, moldy snickerdoodles, butter pecan ice cream, with shavings from the sandpaper Theee Catrabbit advocated using for personal pleasurement.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Always enjoyed Morris when he did analysis on BTN.
                          I wonder how much he interacts/interacted with Mark Gronowski's brother Ryan when he was with IL Special Olympics.

Comment

The team is definitely getting better at playing without Luke and Charley. That process was brutal at first, but the progress is there. It will be interesting to see where they’re at by the beginning of February when Hendo says he hopes to have Charley back. Any road win between now and then is a bonus.

Comment

No, that's one of the detriments to my social media minimalism. If they're anything like the interaction with Tyler, I'd probably find them entertaining too
                              well i have several friends who harass me to do more on social media. they say it is easier for keeping up with what goes on in each others lives. i do not see it as an overall plus. i have instagram only and i communicate with only a handful of people, but since i had it i follow almost all the jackrabbit stuff. overall i am in total agreement with you but i do like to check up on the jacks stuff))

and yes i thought his interview with Tyler tonight had a similar vibe

Comment

Those seem better suited for shirts/cardboard likenesses of a Rogue's Gallery/Mt. Rushmore of Sniverly.

If we want to go the dairy route, I'd probably start with expired cottage cheese, moldy snickerdoodles, butter pecan ice cream, with shavings from the sandpaper Theee Catrabbit advocated using for personal pleasurement.
                                i gotta say i dont see that flavor attaining the same worldwide popularity as cookies and cream))!!! it may, on the other hand, achieve a significant level of infamy! NO CHANCE i am tasting it but i did get a good chuckle out of it)) i am wondering now (after these noteworthy, for pretty much ALL the wrong reasons, suggestions) about you and 3 cats. did the two of you celebrate mildly too hard after the bison experienced their personal Frisco Fiasco?)))) (good phrase Filbert) and continue to suffer from diminished mental functioning?))

Comment

Working...
                                X