GDT: SDSU vs #9 Arkansas 7pm @ Bud Walton Arena SEC Network+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
    Remember those first couple D1 years where the Jack's couldn't even get the ball.past half court, half the team quit and had to have football players playing? Jacks are turning it over at the same pace
    Oh, yes.

This is a MUCH better team than those were.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
      Remember those first couple D1 years where the Jack's couldn't even get the ball.past half court, half the team quit and had to have football players playing? Jacks are turning it over at the same pace
      Last couple plays by Johnson for 'backs' makes it look like he's thinking it's FB

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Oh, yes.

This is a MUCH better team than those were.
        Oh definitely, but when they quote turnover.history, those are the years they are referencing, and those years were terrible

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Arkansas almost has as many as Jacks
          They can afford to turn it over considering they are way more athletic and better shots, a lot of ours were unforced and lazy too, team looks incredibly undisciplined and definitely lacks an identity right now
          The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

I'm always amazed, while watching "big time" college basketball, just how much contact the refs let the players get away with. The contact is, by the rule book, illegal. But they let it go. And it goes both ways, so it's not a thing that favors one team over another for the most part. But still...why not call it Wrestlingball?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm always amazed, while watching "big time" college basketball, just how much contact the refs let the players get away with. The contact is, by the rule book, illegal. But they let it go. And it goes both ways, so it's not a thing that favors one team over another for the most part. But still...why not call it Wrestlingball?
              Oh, I forgot:

AND GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The betting punters are quite upset about that last three by Lien blowing the point differential.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Can't believe how many staff people Arkansas has in the two rows on their bench. There are majors at SDSU that don't have that many people.

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
                    They can afford to turn it over considering they are way more athletic and better shots, a lot of ours were unforced and lazy too, team looks incredibly undisciplined and definitely lacks an identity right now
                    Don't you think that's relatively common this early in season?

Even Arkansas would probably admit they haven't established their identity

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Can't believe how many staff people Arkansas has in the two rows on their bench. There are majors at SDSU that don't have that many people.
                      Those are the folks tasked with retrieving all the towels Musselman tosses in his Arkansas angst

Comment

I think it's eminently fair, when SDSU lost arguably two of the best players ever to put on the yellow and blue, to expect them to take a while to establish a new offensive identity.

And, I think I heard that Arkansas has zero starters returning this year, so...yeah, them too.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I suppose I’d agree to some extent, last year we were spoiled having 3 great players return (Baylor, Noah, and wilson) and they started the season great, this year it just feels like we have a team of OK roleplayers and because of that the offensive doesn’t flow well at all, a lot of undisciplined errors
                          The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

Not an impressive performance. Too many sloppy turnovers from veterans like Alex, Charlie, Mims. Someone will need to step up and take control of this offense and create some fluidity.

Comment

I think it's eminently fair, when SDSU lost arguably two of the best players ever to put on the yellow and blue, to expect them to take a while to establish a new offensive identity.

And, I think I heard that Arkansas has zero starters returning this year, so...yeah, them too.
                              FOR SURE!! i think the jacks are definitely looking for their identity. but i think they might have a bit of a problem. i guess i kinda mentioned it before. i am not sure there is gonna be any one guy on this team that really makes other teams make any adjustments. we have a LOT of good players but i am having doubts that the next Doug or Baylor or Daum or etc..... is on the roster. maybe one of the freshman becomes that but not sure they will become it this year

Zeke is very very good but so far i do not see any sign of him taking control and becoming another Nate or Baylor. right now he looks like a GREAT number two guy who can really score and do plenty of other useful things like occasionally get 13 rebounds, but at this moment i am not seeing him taking things over and being on the level of a Baylor or a Max Abmas or an AJP. i hope he proves me wrong and you all make me eat these words. NOBODY will be happier

Alex is very similar but with a different skill set. less of a scorer than zeke but a guy who can do some of everything really really well

Dent is gonna have a very good year. but i doubt we can get him to the point where he is going to be a real threat to a team like arkansas or most tournament teams. i think WK probably has the most potential but would not bet a ton on him getting there this year

anyway we are still going to have a really really good team. i think they will still be able to compete with anyone in the summit and have a shot at the title! but there will be games where it is very obvious that we DO NOT have the best player on the floor and i think it has been at least 8 years since you could really say that about a jackrabbit MBB team vs any summit team. they can still get it done but it is gonna have to be done more as a group

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

Alabama and Arkansas seemed to be last two last games added to the schedule, so it's no surprise that Jacks had to be the ones to be flexible. The people commenting on the betting lines on twitter were pretty surprised we were playing back-to-backs. Wait until they find out we have two back-to-backs in our OOC schedule with both second day games against SEC teams.
                                yep AGAIN the curse of having almost EVERYONE refuse to play us at Frost and to some degree anywhere. we are constantly chasing good games and consequently have to do things like this. it is SO NICE to get to play a team rated in the top ten

but for sure playing back to back nights and guessing they did not get to fayeteville until far after midnight last night. usually you would game plan and practice for the first game and ONLY talk about the second game and try to have a walk through on game day. if that is true it means we did not practice for arkansas AT ALL and depending on how late we got in i have doubts how much of a walk through we even got

not trying to make excuses. ARKANSAS is SO GOOD!! but it is a bummer to have to start with a meaningful disadvantage when it would be very nice to put a good foot forward in this type of game. but it was a 4pt game with 2 and1/2 minutes in first half

Comment

Working...
                                X