GDT: SDSU vs Boise State @ ExtraMile Arena 8pm CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    ANYWAY, on to the interesting topic that Filbert brought up, in other words back to sports discussion

i think there is a chance that we have something this year, that we have not seen much of . i think this might be a team that does not really have A go to guy. it might be a team with several guys, any one of which might be the go to guy on any given night

as a former coach, that scares me, because i think it makes the roles for everyone a little inconsistent and i am a big proponent of each player knowing and playing their role. but i do think this team could be successful with that system. i do think it requires maybe more work / more direction from hendo and the coaching staff

i have more thoughts about how rare that is and the examples of how we have not had that set up much, as well as about how many different players on this team could be the guy on one or some nights but maybe / probably not most nights, but i am sure i have said too much already
    This team seemed to have a go to person in regards to the end of the Boise State game. According to the interviews, Zeke was the first choice until the double team came when AA was Plan B. AA was driving the lane and made the good decision to find Dent for the easier shot to be taken. I am not a former coach to have certain fears, but it appears to a lay person that the 2 guys who were in charge of the decisions did a serviceable job of execution. It is also very likely that some players will have evenings similar to what Appel experienced at ORU last year that are not always the go to guy during a game. Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....))))!!!8*....my MONEY is-most of the time with a few exceptions to be named later----()ZEKE mayo and aLEx ariAns as the go to options!!@! as paul harvey may say"thAt is tHe rest of the STORY"
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

well it is easier for guards to be the go to guy since it is easier for them to have the ball
      but obviously there have been plenty of posts who were that guy, but then you have to set something up to get them the ball other than just an in bounds pass

yes i heard the post game interview also and i definitely believe that they WANT Zeke to be the guy. he has had SOME drives in the two games but he has definitely looked FAR more comfortable as a catch and shoot or catch and make a bit of a move and shoot guy. i think he can be GREAT with the ball in his hands and create shots for himself or a teammate but he is not there at the moment, in my perspective

AA has had the ball both games and i think he is a great choice but i think he will have to be PUSHED hard to be in that role consistently, especially to do it with the idea he could and will sometimes HAVE TO take the shot. i feel like he almost always drives looking to pass. he drove with purpose in the second half against Providence and has done it on occasion but he needs to be pushed (i think very much the way coach nagy pushed austin hansen to be more of a scorer and stop thinking so much about setting up someone else)

i think they could have great success setting up plays for Dent late because he is a very good passer if the shot is not there
      obviously Appel can do it, but i do not think he has shown the consistent ability to be a good passer

i wont go into everyone. i think those are the current best 4 options, and even if nobody is THE GUY there still will be a few who end up with the ball the most. in that scenario the guards make most sense

without saying all the options, i will say that i think Te Slaa might be the ultimate best option for this. i dont know if he is gonna get there as a freshman, but he very well might be the best combination of all the skills- ball handling, passing, shooting, scoring, decision making, been in that spot many times. and i believe that he is going to be able to do the same things at this level that he has always done, time will tell??

Comment

Working...
      X