GDT: SDSU vs Boise State @ ExtraMile Arena 8pm CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
    Can the Jacks get to play 4 on 5 for a possession? Don’t like to see someone getting hurt, but play can’t be stopped there for no reason.
    OH YES another free time out for the broncos. i really did think this crew was pretty consistent. meaning in general that they were equally bad to both sides)) haha but still consistent.

but they had some interesting ideas about stopping play that just so happened to ALWAYS benefit the home team???????

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
      Great win. The post play has been a huge plus and we are dominating down there both ends of the floor. Especially impressive when you consider tonight we had 3 freshman posts. Kyle protects the rim and changes shots in a way we have maybe never had. Dentlinger seems to be playing at another level though as well and his confidence seems to be back.

Hopefully this gets some people out to the game next week in Sioux Falls.
      i agree with that. i do think he could be a shot blocker like we have not had for a long time. back in D2 days we did have Lingenfelter and Ober but nobody in D1 really. that said shot blocking often is a result of some bad defense before that
      i think FOR SURE some people do have better instinct/ better timing about when to jump and going for the block, etc.... and WK gives the impression he could be one of those guys, NOT SAYING he will be a patrick ewing or alonzo mourning but a guy like that who has instincts for protecting the rim and changing shots and at times blocking shots

that all said he has a LOT to learn about defense in general. Dent is a much better defender in general. but just like i spoke about the girls feeling the loss of Tylee on the defensive end this year. the men are DEFINITELY going to feel the loss of Doug

kind of interesting both the MBB and WBB lost a ridiculous defensive freak after last season. there will really be no replacing doug. but i have been very happy with the way Dent is both guarding one on one but also providing presence in help

Comment

LetsGoRabbits

It is painful to read your long-winded posts.

Big Dent had a day!
        It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Kyle had a couple of moments vs. Boise St. where he looked like a freshman (mainly on defense), but he had many, many more plays where he looked like a pretty refined and very talented big man. Given what his obvious upside is, I'm more than willing to put up with the occasional freshman moment from him.

The team looks like it's still in the process of figuring out just who exactly is THE go-to guy on offense for this year. There are multiple options, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Kyle had a couple of moments vs. Boise St. where he looked like a freshman (mainly on defense), but he had many, many more plays where he looked like a pretty refined and very talented big man. Given what his obvious upside is, I'm more than willing to put up with the occasional freshman moment from him.

The team looks like it's still in the process of figuring out just who exactly is THE go-to guy on offense for this year. There are multiple options, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.
            Kyle is a little slow getting back into position after showing on pick and rolls. He's had to scramble back a few times, but hasn't really gotten hurt for it yet.

Comment

Its hard to believe how ready he looks for it. Especially those finishes in the paint, he has to be shooting a decent percentage. And he just hustles which is underrated. Not everybody hustles.

Anyway, the team looks good. Not sure how good Boise will be this year probably not as solid as last but around middle of the pack MWC? They were picked third but that seems generous based solely on their performance last night. I also think its funny that Mors has that Wisconsin ultra conservative offense vibe. You gotta let that ball fly but then again he bricked a few so maybe that's why he doesn't let it fly.

Comment

Very excited to get Appel back as he will add to the "Bigs" rotation. We aren't going to win many games with 19 turnovers!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Very excited to get Appel back as he will add to the "Bigs" rotation. We aren't going to win many games with 19 turnovers!
                  It sounds to me like it could be a little while unfortunately.

Comment

Good win on the road against a solid opponent.

Comment

It is tough losing good players like Baylor and Doug, however roles expand as a result. Sure looks like early indications are Arians will fill a good portion of the void left by Baylor. Arians points, rebounds, and assist numbers are above his 2021 averages and he appears to be playing a lot more aggressively. I obviously know it is only two games, but it looks like a nice trend.

Comment

Good win! It took some of the sting out of the Akron loss. Dentlinger, Kyle and Arians have looked really good, and Mayo and Mims have had great stretches. I'd like to see more from Easely and Mors, but that's probably coming, and I sure hope Appel can get into the rotation soon. Throw in some solid bench minutes from Te Slaa and perhaps others, and this will be a deep, talented and exciting team.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                          LetsGoRabbits

It is painful to read your long-winded posts.

Big Dent had a day!
                          hey rabbitfarmer

you know you are welcome to say kind of whatever you want in a lot of places, and here with some reasonable limitations, but i guess i did find it a bit interesting that you dont have a single thing to add to this thread except this post? and the piece about Dent is an obvious afterthought

so you come on a rabbits sports / fan forum and you dont say anything on this thread (and very little on any thread) about basketball but the thing you MUST post is a comment about the length of my posts. i have heard these things before and i accept the criticism. i know i am long winded. you know i wish i had some more pleasing style of writing. i apologize to you and those who like your post and others, but at least i think it is pretty obvious that i am passionate about my school and my teams. seems a little sad to me the only thing that stirred passion in you was to come and criticize something so small as a post that took at most 30-60 seconds to read

and you are ALWAYS welcome to NOT READ anything you like, just as you have every right to post what you did

QUESTION
                          the 3 most recent posts on this thread are a total of 2 lines, another about 6 lines, and the one that i assume really got RF fired up which i did not count but i will guess maybe 25-30 lines?? in that particular post i did discuss at least 3 separate topics and probably more. would you find it preferable, LESS ANNOYING, if i made a separate post for each topic.

so that post for instance
                          one post of maybe 3 or 4 lines about the flow of the offense
                          another post of a few lines about Zeke
                          and it would have been one longer post of about 12ish lines about the officiating

i guess RF you would not care either way probably you would just like me to shut up

i really was curious if any of you had a similar or a different perspective on that goaltending call

ALSO?? i am curious, WHY do you put a link of my username, instead of just saying the name?? something techy that i dont understand??

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I think this is a very interesting topic Filbert

i have been NOT saying anything about it because i am sure i cannot say it in a small post and apparently saying a LOT about the rabbits on a rabbits forum is a bad thing. does it seem a little strange / silly to you that this board is often somewhere between mostly silent and totally silent, and yet we have people who spend their time being upset because somebody makes posts that take them more than a few seconds to read?

i am not going to GO ON about this because between this post and the last one SOME people are gonna think that i am terribly hurt because someone criticized me. that is truly not the case. i simply think it is strange that we have a place to read and write about and discuss and debate about the jackrabbits and it is not exactly overflowing with comments and discussion but some people would like there to be LESS material here?? interesting!!

maybe you have stats for this but i am gonna guess from the time of my last post on wednesday night after the MBB ended until THIS SECOND i bet this ENTIRE FORUM has not even averaged one single post per hour, but some people want there to be LESS material here

Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 11-11-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

ANYWAY, on to the interesting topic that Filbert brought up, in other words back to sports discussion

i think there is a chance that we have something this year, that we have not seen much of . i think this might be a team that does not really have A go to guy. it might be a team with several guys, any one of which might be the go to guy on any given night

as a former coach, that scares me, because i think it makes the roles for everyone a little inconsistent and i am a big proponent of each player knowing and playing their role. but i do think this team could be successful with that system. i do think it requires maybe more work / more direction from hendo and the coaching staff

i have more thoughts about how rare that is and the examples of how we have not had that set up much, as well as about how many different players on this team could be the guy on one or some nights but maybe / probably not most nights, but i am sure i have said too much already

Comment

It looks like Arians has had that opportunity (to be the go-to guy) these first two games. At least he had the ball in his hands the last two possessions of these games. One opportunity was successful and the other wasn't. For now, he's probably a good choice as a 6th year senior who can get in the lane and pressure a defense. From in the paint he can drive to the basket and create contact; he has a pretty good 10-12' fadeaway shot; or if he draws some help defense, he can pass to find the open guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X