GDT: SDSU vs Boise State @ ExtraMile Arena 8pm CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Boise State @ ExtraMile Arena 8pm CST

The new season has another first time meeting on the court. Boise St was 27-8 last season and lost to Memphis in the NCAA tourney. They return many players including an all conference player and a FOY to a lineup that is picked 3rd in the Mountain West behind San Diego State(the other SDSU) and Wyoming. Coach Leon Rice is entering his 13th season leading the Broncos and he also is the all-time leader in victories as head coach. He spent 11 seasons on Mark Few's Gonazaga bench prior to this stint. Tonight is the season opener for the Broncos. The Jackrabbits have covered some big miles for the first 2 games and they need to get over the hump from the disappointing loss to Akron. Every game for the freshmen TeSlaa and Mohrs will be improved as they get game speed action. Go Jacks!!

themw.com/watch
    WatchStadium.com
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

This would be a real nice bounce back win.

Comment

It's going to be a tough game, but that's good.

It's good for our guys to have these games, especially right away. Play quality mid Major teams that are going to challenge you, and allow players to grow into their new roles.

Comment

Boise is doing an interesting promotion. Not the ring, but the we win, you win portion. I don't think it would work so well in Frost. Maybe Oral Roberts who plays in an empty cave should give it a try.

​​​​​​The first 750 students tonight will receive a replica Mountain West Championship ring. The ‘we win, you win’ promotion also is in effect. Any fan that buys a ticket (for as little as $10) and shows up to the game gets another ticket to the next home game should the Broncos win. If the Broncos keep winning, fans keep getting free tickets.

“We need 10,000 fans here,” coach Leon Rice. “You’re going to see a high-level basketball game.”
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Boise State's game notes

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            well on monday we 100% let Akron beat us using almost exclusively the TWO GUYS they wanted to lean on. we knew they had TWO top returners from last year and those two guys combined for over 50 points against us.

hopefully tonight we make someone NOT named Shaver or Degenhart do something significant to beat us

also, hopefully we get a little more rhythm on the offensive end. i guess tonight that Lien is eligible to play. does that mean he will? what does he bring to the team? i was surprised that Te Slaa and Garry played only 6 minutes combined (all te slaa) hopefully things smooth out a bit at the point, regardless if that is AA or someone else. i really feel like this could be Te Slaa by the end of the year

Comment

Don’t think this has been mentioned but SI has the Jacks ranked preseason 116 and Boise State 82. Akron they had ranked 118…which turned out what seems accurate. If Boise State is true to it’s ranking, this game will be esp. tough will all the travel!!!!

Comment

Game streaming for free on Mountain West Network.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
                  Game streaming for free on Mountain West Network.
                  I was surprised…Streaming told me you must activate your account to watch! I waited for about 20 seconds… And then it just automatically came on

Comment

8-0 Jacks at 1st media timeout.

Comment

Wondered if I had the wrong stream when I heard Aussie announcer. Anyway, he's former Bronco Nick Duncan.

Comment

Didn't look like much of a foul on Rice on attempted trey

Comment

Te Slaa with a confident 3 from the corner!

Comment

I am enjoying watching Kyle on defense. Has great instincts

Comment

Boise State got called for technical, and Tyler's speculating that it might've been for Boise State showing replay that could "incite crowd"

Comment

Working...
                              X