No announcement yet.

All About Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't seem like Creighton did a great job of utilizing Baylor on offense. Seemed like he spent a lot of time standing in the corner. And when he got involved in the flow, they didn't look to try to get him shots very often.

Comment

• I only saw the last few minutes but his effort was there tied up a jump ball and got a steal to tie with 33 seconds to go.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
        Creighton lost on a bad call to end the game. Maybe its just me but i feel i have witnesses much more aggressive defense rhat was more of a muggy that wasnt called. Tough way to end the season.
        to the letter of the rule almost a guaranteed foul. but based on the level of physicality and everyone getting bumped on almost every shot the whole game DEFINITELY NOT a foul

that said Creighton should have never let it come down to the officials. they run very similar offense to the jacks and their movement away from the ball today was not good. baylor spent most of the day standing in the corner. and to be honest they got beat by the aztecs on way too many of the heart and hustle type plays

if he is smart he goes back to the bluejays next year. they would have the whole team back and while i think he had a very good year this year, i dont believe he is any more of an nba player today than he was at this time last year. very very good college player!! will be able to play pro ball outside usa as long as he wants to!! definitely playing in the nba?? i dont see it

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

to the letter of the rule almost a guaranteed foul. but based on the level of physicality and everyone getting bumped on almost every shot the whole game DEFINITELY NOT a foul

that said Creighton should have never let it come down to the officials. they run very similar offense to the jacks and their movement away from the ball today was not good. baylor spent most of the day standing in the corner. and to be honest they got beat by the aztecs on way too many of the heart and hustle type plays

if he is smart he goes back to the bluejays next year. they would have the whole team back and while i think he had a very good year this year, i dont believe he is any more of an nba player today than he was at this time last year. very very good college player!! will be able to play pro ball outside usa as long as he wants to!! definitely playing in the nba?? i dont see it
          Creighton's chances of winning went down after Nembhard got karate chopped on the wrist (which didn't get called). He broke the wrist last season, and you have to wonder if he didn't re-injure it today. He was a non-factor after it happened, and Creighton didn't have much to bring off the bench at PG.

Comment

• Creighton has an excellent starting 5 but they get nothing from their bench. If you look at yesterday’s box score it was indicative of their whole season. McDermott needs to add some bench scoring.

Comment

• definitely don't need scoring. they have 5 guys who can all put up 20 in any game and no matter what you do with the bench you always have at least a couple of those guys on the floor.

Comment

definitely don't need scoring. they have 5 guys who can all put up 20 in any game and no matter what you do with the bench you always have at least a couple of those guys on the floor.
                That presumes everyone returns. I suspect, that’s not assured.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Creighton's chances of winning went down after Nembhard got karate chopped on the wrist (which didn't get called). He broke the wrist last season, and you have to wonder if he didn't re-injure it today. He was a non-factor after it happened, and Creighton didn't have much to bring off the bench at PG.
                  Big Brian Dutcher fan so easy for me to root for the other SDSU!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

That presumes everyone returns. I suspect, that’s not assured.
                    i am totally a never say never person!!

but i think the smartest money says they all stay. baylor is the biggest possibility to be gone and i have already given my thoughts on that. i guess if the nba folks find him to be more of a sure fire nba guy than i do he would probably go to the draft. other than that he is definitely NOT going anywhere else

there are not many 7 footers so i suppose people are trying to lure Kalkbrenner with cash, but gotta assume if they get cash for baylor they also pay the others

Comment

but i think the smartest money says they all stay. baylor is the biggest possibility to be gone and i have already given my thoughts on that. i guess if the nba folks find him to be more of a sure fire nba guy than i do he would probably go to the draft. other than that he is definitely NOT going anywhere else

there are not many 7 footers so i suppose people are trying to lure Kalkbrenner with cash, but gotta assume if they get cash for baylor they also pay the others
                      Tyrese Hunter, from Texas and formerly of ISU has declared for the draft … not sure where draft prognosticators have him projected but I don’t see him as an NBA draft pick at least yet. Nevertheless, if he thinks he’s NBA material and he might be I’m sure there are several Bluejays who think that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                        Tyrese Hunter, from Texas and formerly of ISU has declared for the draft … not sure where draft prognosticators have him projected but I don’t see him as an NBA draft pick at least yet. Nevertheless, if he thinks he’s NBA material and he might be I’m sure there are several Bluejays who think that as well.
                        It will be interesting to see if he has hired an agent. If he hasn't, he could still return to college ball.

Comment

Creighton's pg Nembhard portaling to Arizona for what is rumored to be big-time NIL money. Lots of Creighton fans are crying tampering, which is ironic since they got their best player from SDSU this way a year ago.

Comment

Creighton's pg Nembhard portaling to Arizona for what is rumored to be big-time NIL money. Lots of Creighton fans are crying tampering, which is ironic since they got their best player from SDSU this way a year ago.
                            well obviously i already said i did not think any of them would leave
                            but i think this could be actually good for them

it always felt to me like he was a little unsatisified being one of five. like he thought he should be the star. i did not think he would leave but that was the vibe he gives me and him leaving gives a bit of a hint that could be true OR he loved it in omaha and he just cannot pass the money?? i am certainly not the one with the facts

that all said, i feel like Baylor and Alexander can handle the ball handling. Alexander and Kaluma have more game to give i believe. also appears they are getting a 6'10 Nebraska native and top 50 recruit transferring back from U Virginia and they had other freshman last year with potential to grow

my guess is they handle his loss fine but maybe he is much better than i thought and proves to be the linchpin??? i doubt it. they have too much other talent

one other thing, WOW WOW WOW what a world we live in
                            can you imagine 5 years ago being on a team that HAD TO THINK they should have been in the final 4 AND would have been playing FAU to get to the final 2 with a probable matchup with a team from their conference who they split with in the season
                            AND should have all 5 starters back and one of those starters decides to transfer?? WOW

either the money must be REAL GOOD or someone really wanted out of a seemingly very good situation. on one hand i say it is just a sign of the world we live in. on the other hand i dont even know what to think

Comment

well obviously i already said i did not think any of them would leave
                              but i think this could be actually good for them

it always felt to me like he was a little unsatisified being one of five. like he thought he should be the star. i did not think he would leave but that was the vibe he gives me and him leaving gives a bit of a hint that could be true OR he loved it in omaha and he just cannot pass the money?? i am certainly not the one with the facts

that all said, i feel like Baylor and Alexander can handle the ball handling. Alexander and Kaluma have more game to give i believe. also appears they are getting a 6'10 Nebraska native and top 50 recruit transferring back from U Virginia and they had other freshman last year with potential to grow

my guess is they handle his loss fine but maybe he is much better than i thought and proves to be the linchpin??? i doubt it. they have too much other talent

one other thing, WOW WOW WOW what a world we live in
                              can you imagine 5 years ago being on a team that HAD TO THINK they should have been in the final 4 AND would have been playing FAU to get to the final 2 with a probable matchup with a team from their conference who they split with in the season
                              AND should have all 5 starters back and one of those starters decides to transfer?? WOW

either the money must be REAL GOOD or someone really wanted out of a seemingly very good situation. on one hand i say it is just a sign of the world we live in. on the other hand i dont even know what to think
                              I've seen Creighton mentioned as being in on Rohde from St. Thomas, and also on another pg, so I'm sure they will survive just fine.

Comment

I've seen Creighton mentioned as being in on Rohde from St. Thomas, and also on another pg, so I'm sure they will survive just fine.
                                well his game definitely fits the McDermott philosophy
                                obviously a player of his ability could fit in a lot of places

i would bet that McDermott is expecting a good bump in production from the Miller kid next year??? but Rohde seems like he would be a great pickup. less of a ball handler than nembhard but i think a much better shooter and a more versatile defender. the kid from australia was kinda the backup PG this year. IDK if he is gone or has a covid year???? but i feel like they could start Alexander at the point and spread the job between him and Baylor and maybe some others

Comment

Working...
                                X