No announcement yet.

All About Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made the headlines of Barstool Sports. I will always wish Baylor the best but none of this makes me feel good about college athletics or our team’s chances next season. https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/s...iBfV4RFryHK9Ow

Comment

Pretty crazy to think Baylor chose the same agent as the Miami player that threatened to transfer if he didn't get a bigger NIL deal. Especially when Baylor's Twitter handle is playforhim
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Its hard not to blame him and future players from leaving. It doesnt help that Mooney, Umude, and Obanor it really worked out well for them.

I use to love Duke, still cheer for them, but the 1 and dones really made me dislike power conference basketball. Its really hard to be excited to watch a team when its all new players on the roster every year. Like you will never have a new scoring record at duke or UNC because kids wont stay very long.

I think we need to think of us like the development league for the power conferences. We are the G league to the NBA in this new alignment.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Pretty crazy to think Baylor chose the same agent as the Miami player that threatened to transfer if he didn't get a bigger NIL deal. Especially when Baylor's Twitter handle is playforhim
          100% agree with you. like i said, i think the bright lights got to be at least a little blinding. i think we can all understand, even the most grounded person can be susceptible to that, and even more so a 21 year old kid who maybe feels that a life long dream is just at the edge of his fingertips!!

but i believe without doubt that most or all of the jacks programs recruit people and not players. i hope somehow that will still be enough, despite this idiotic system that is currently in place! check out lots of the jacks twitter and they are very similar to baylors. gronowski's has the exact same vibe and that is and has been a theme for a long time with jacks coaches and players and definitely the biggest reason i continue to live and breathe jackrabbit athletics after i have stopped watching almost every other team and sport that were such a big part of most of my life

Comment

Baylor is making the right move for him. I know that we all selfishly want to have him stay around and dominate the Summit. Realistically, that just isn't the smart move if he wants a legitimate shot at the next level. I'm sure the knock on him was that the numbers have all been put up against lesser competition.

​​​​
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Baylor is making the right move for him. I know that we all selfishly want to have him stay around and dominate the Summit. Realistically, that just isn't the smart move if he wants a legitimate shot at the next level. I'm sure the knock on him was that the numbers have all been put up against lesser competition.

​​​​
              If Baylor had come out and said he had been told he needed to move up a level and he was going home to play at Creighton, I don't think anyone would have had an issue with that. It was the agent coming out with the demands of usage in a particular way, and basically putting things up for bids is what soured people.

Comment

[QUOTE=LetsGoRabbits;n524650]
                Originally posted by jbjack View Post

On another forum, the Creighton NIL deal is reported at 80k and a car. While nothing to sneeze at, it's hardly life changing money. I would think Nebraska could do better but who knows. I've never understood pay for pay, either before it was legal or after. As a business person, I see very little to no value in paying NIL to a college athlete. Maybe the Nebby sycophants aren't that fanatical for MBB.[/QUOT

yes i agree with you. if that is the correct amount, it is a nice payday!! definitely nothing to sneeze at! but probably does fall short of the life changing category. i guess i had some impression that even the smallest NIL package was going to probably double that

i have plenty more thoughts about all of this but i hope we find something new to talk about. i am NOT trying to tell anyone to stop talking about this, or to end this conversation, or have some final word!! i would just love to move on to a different conversation

good luck to baylor.

remember last year when we had one announcer calling Arians, Friedel, and Scheirman the law firm? who would have thought that Alex would be the last one in brookings. It would be nice if he would look around and see that doug and his partners in the law firm are gone and decide that he is going to be aggressive on offense this year!! i believe that he has the ability to score a lot more than he has, especially in the games where he has it falling from outside
                Arians will join Tevin King as one of my all-time favorite Jacks. Glad I had the opportunity to watch them both.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

He's also said he wants to win -- go deep in the NCAAs. That ain't happening at NU, even with Baylor. As a Nebraska beat writer pointed out on radio this morning, by adding Baylor, Creighton becomes a potential Final Four contender. Creighton already was projected as a preseason Top 10.
                  BS is NOT the difference of whether Creighton is a final four team or not!

Comment

If Baylor thinks he can go deeper into the NCAA tourney now, so be it! For now, the NIL consequences seem to suck. But, the Jacks main purpose no matter what…is to get deeper into the NCAA tourney. Then prospects would at least think more intently about being a Jackrabbit. Can’t control NIL for now!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Wouldn't have said this two weeks ago, but I can see myself being more interested in how Noah does at JMU than whatever happens at Creighton.
                      I think that Noah was a more dynamic player inside.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

And yet Jeff Borzello from ESPN wrote in his article about Baylor committing to Creighton that he takes them from being a top ten team, to a national tittle contender.

In his article about transfer portal rankings he had Baylor at number 4 and “arguably the best NBA prospect in the portal.

I mean its possible he is wrong, but a lot of very plugged in people were high on what he brings to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess nobody on here would leave their job if another company offered more exposure, opportunity, and more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            I guess nobody on here would leave their job if another company offered more exposure, opportunity, and more money.
                            Depends on the situation … but I’ve turned down jobs that have offered more money. The comparison you’re offering is not quite apples and oranges but your point is not irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
                              Thought could use it’s own thread not future rosters

This post did get me concerned as I would bet a lot on it that Zeke Mayo will be next. Sad how this is starting to look.

https://twitter.com/zekexmayo/status...-vUQSXi5WZPy-g
                              Just reading through this stuff for the first time. This would be a great time for SDSU to step in and use this as a teaching moment for these kids on how the “real” world works. No matter if it’s professional basketball, sales, doctor, lawyer or whatever. When you leave an organization, you’re not going to win “Whatever of the Year”. If I would choose to leave my current employer for the competition, I can guarantee you, I’m not winning any awards after departing.

I get so tired of the “disrespect” card. It’s not disrespect. It’s reality. AAU generation…….

Old man rant over.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

Maybe. Maybe not. He's got a lot of believers. Reminds me of when the Jacks played the Huskers during his freshman year (I think) -- a guy sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I reffed a lot of his high school games. He's going to be really good. Really, really good."

Chatelain: Baylor Scheierman vaults Creighton into national title discussion

@JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X