No announcement yet.

All About Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm Hendo, I'm in Baylor's ear right now about coming back for one more year and then transferring to a P5 school for his last year to "prove" himself.

As far as SDSU fans? I'm guessing he will be supported no differently than had this not happened. Umude entered the portal and came back once. I don't think he got booed by the USD faithful.

I can't blame Baylor for trying to capitalize monetarily on this thing. It's the system that's a joke. I also agree he's probably getting bad advice from a sleazeball "agent". This is the same jackass that tried to blackmail the Miami booster for more money. He failed miserably.

Comment

In other news, the "playforhim3" Twitter handle has been replaced with "(b)allforNIL."

Seriously though, this does make some sense. If the move was about NIL and a similar role, he needed a school with sycophancy and an opportunity to continue his role. The role piece doesn't happen at a blue blood or even a good, not great team. Nebraska sucks. Yet some of the GBR from their mediocre FB team must bleed over to men's hoops and there must be decent NIL money to be made in the corn hole state.

Comment

Sam Vecenie, NBA writer for the Athletic , put out an article today ranking the top 100 prospects for the upcoming draft. Baylor comes in at # 71. Going to need to have a great G-League camp to maybe get a Combine invite if he has any hope to crack the top 60.

Comment

The Kansas City Star has Baylor's choice down to 5 schools. They have Duke, Creighton, Nebraska, Arkansas and Clemson as his final 5. I still see him at either Nebraska or Creighton. Those were my guesses from the beginning and that has not changed.
          I will be sad to see him go but he has to do what he thinks is best for him.
          If he had to sit out a season, I don't think we would be wondering about this but it is not that way anymore.

Comment

We all know Nebraska has been a pretty bad basketball team the last few years, but it doesn't surprise me that Baylor may end up there.
            He would be closer to home playing in front of family and friends, all the NIL money. He still has to score against and defend B1G players some of which will be pro quality. What was the biggest knock on both Daum and Wolters? It was the quality of competition and how they would fare against pro players. Baylor is taking that out of the equation.
            He will play for a coach with all kinds of NBA connections and resources. He will be in front of scouts almost every night just because of the competition he will face. He will practice and scrimmage daily against 3 and 4 star players. He won't be the tallest wing on the court where he can get away with solely using his height as an advantage. Now when he drives the lane there will probably be 6'10" or taller waiting to meet him.
            He will have better facilities, trainers, dietitians and training table at his fingertips. There is no guarantee he will go pro, the NIL money will give him a huge start on life should the pro leagues not pan out.
            As bad as Nebraska has been the last 3 years, and they have been bad, here's a few things to consider. After this draft they will have put 3 guys in the pros in the last 4 years. Last year they still had 2 top 25 wins including a top 10. In three years they only have 24 total wins, but 5 have been against Summit league teams including NDSU, USD and SDSU all teams routinely at the top of our conference. If he could be the guy that gets them to the tournament or heaven forbid win a game, he will end up with a job that will set him up for life, something SDSU couldn't offer.

I wish he was still at SDSU, and I don't think Nebraska is the best option for him but you guys are acting like he would get nothing out of going there and that just isn't true.

Comment

As i have said before, i would be SO HAPPY if U of nebraska athletics could return to relevance!!

i agree with you he will get something. he will get would sounds like it is going to be a very nice chunk of money, probably life changing money

and YES he would play against Big 10 competition every conference game

i politely disagree with almost everything else

it is VERY severely cherry picking information to point out that UNL beat the jacks in the last 3 years. conveniently that was 3 years ago and FIVE games into the hendo era

brandon key was still starting, he should have NEVER started a game at sdsu, and he was coincidentally tied with baylor for 2nd most shot attempts. that also should have never happened.

baylor was not starting yet and was still very much an unknown quantity. all potential no production at that point

trey buchanon was the second leading scorer

those jacks were definitely still trying to find their identity

BTW for those who doubt Mr Wilson rebounding ability. that was prior to baylor being a key rebounder and Doug had 15 pts and 14 boards

ANYWAY, if you recall the jacks lost a lot of games that were close for most of the game in the OOC part of that year

if the jacks played nebraska 10 times in the last two years i would bet a ton of money on the jacks to win 7 or more.

as far as the nba questions, YES he would play better competition night in and night out, but those questions would be changed for what kind of numbers would he put up if he was playing with teammates who deserved more shots and
              people saying he is just putting up numbers in a bunch of games that dont matter because they are getting their butts kicked more often than not
              i could go on, but he would NOT eliminate questions about his nba ability. he would just get different questions

but whatever the questions are, really does not matter, he simply is NOT a guaranteed nba player. he is NOT a guaranteed lottery pick. he is a very VERY GOOD basketball player but just on the borderline of being able to contribute to an nba team

and it does not matter where he goes to school or who he plays against! the nba is totally aware of him and what his ability to play in the nba is

he got some very very bad advice, most likely from someone or someones who had goals other than what was best for baylor guiding their thinking

but hopefully his experience has been educational for his former teammates
              and informative to the ncaa about what a terrible system they have created

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                As i have said before, i would be SO HAPPY if U of nebraska athletics could return to relevance!!

i agree with you he will get something. he will get would sounds like it is going to be a very nice chunk of money, probably life changing money

and YES he would play against Big 10 competition every conference game

i politely disagree with almost everything else

it is VERY severely cherry picking information to point out that UNL beat the jacks in the last 3 years. conveniently that was 3 years ago and FIVE games into the hendo era

brandon key was still starting, he should have NEVER started a game at sdsu, and he was coincidentally tied with baylor for 2nd most shot attempts. that also should have never happened.

baylor was not starting yet and was still very much an unknown quantity. all potential no production at that point

trey buchanon was the second leading scorer

those jacks were definitely still trying to find their identity

BTW for those who doubt Mr Wilson rebounding ability. that was prior to baylor being a key rebounder and Doug had 15 pts and 14 boards

ANYWAY, if you recall the jacks lost a lot of games that were close for most of the game in the OOC part of that year

if the jacks played nebraska 10 times in the last two years i would bet a ton of money on the jacks to win 7 or more.

as far as the nba questions, YES he would play better competition night in and night out, but those questions would be changed for what kind of numbers would he put up if he was playing with teammates who deserved more shots and
                people saying he is just putting up numbers in a bunch of games that dont matter because they are getting their butts kicked more often than not
                i could go on, but he would NOT eliminate questions about his nba ability. he would just get different questions

but whatever the questions are, really does not matter, he simply is NOT a guaranteed nba player. he is NOT a guaranteed lottery pick. he is a very VERY GOOD basketball player but just on the borderline of being able to contribute to an nba team

and it does not matter where he goes to school or who he plays against! the nba is totally aware of him and what his ability to play in the nba is

he got some very very bad advice, most likely from someone or someones who had goals other than what was best for baylor guiding their thinking

but hopefully his experience has been educational for his former teammates
                and informative to the ncaa about what a terrible system they have created
                Yeah but tell a 20 year old not to cash out when you can regardless if its a good sports decision.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yeah but tell a 20 year old not to cash out when you can regardless if its a good sports decision.
                  absolutely! and if it is just about the money then good for him. congratulations on a big payday

if it is correct about UNL then i suspect the part of the deal on the court is gonna be NOT much fun, but good for him and congratulations

it sucks and it is a crappy system, but would not deny him his money for a second

Comment

https://twitter.com/playforhim3/stat...W_YHsgCEA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Just two or three days ago it was going to be announced in two weeks, then a week and now in a day. Makes one think that in the end that there weren't many offers to evaluate.

Comment

FWIW, Baylor is liking more Creighton tweets than Nebraska...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I hope he doesn't end up at Creighton. They bring back a young team that could be very good if they bounce back from a couple of injuries. I just feel like it could destroy the chemistry if Baylor gets a minimum number of looks he is looking for.

Comment

https://twitter.com/siouxfallsjacks/...GMn4MRf0Vp2lRQ

this guy needs to add Creighton in on this tweet! Have it at the Denny. Packed house for sure! Retweet this on.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                              I hope he doesn't end up at Creighton. They bring back a young team that could be very good if they bounce back from a couple of injuries. I just feel like it could destroy the chemistry if Baylor gets a minimum number of looks he is looking for.
                              i would be absolutely shocked, as a matter of fact, i will say that will NOT happen at Creighton. McDermott is way too good a coach to make promises like that or allow something like that to happen.

it would make way more sense for him to go to creighton over UNL. i would guess that means he came back to live in reality and understands that he is NOT going to a good P5 school and getting the same role he had with the jacks

so he decided to go to the school closest to home with the best team

i do not claim to know a ton about creighton, but i have had nothing but respect for McDermott since his days at UND. their all time records are overflowing with players that he recruited, in his time there. what i think i do know is that they had a very solid but probably not great team last year, they won the big east and they have at least 3 starters returning

baylor SHOULD probably start there and be a key and significant contributor to a potentially top 20 team, but i would bet you that McDermott would NEVER guarantee him a starting spot or a predetermined number of shots, before he ever sets foot on campus

and you would have to think that the relationship between mcdermott and hendo would add to baylor comfort level

he ought to just come back to the jacks unless he just wants the money, but barring that then creighton is about as good a choice as he could make

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i would be absolutely shocked, as a matter of fact, i will say that will NOT happen at Creighton. McDermott is way too good a coach to make promises like that or allow something like that to happen.

it would make way more sense for him to go to creighton over UNL. i would guess that means he came back to live in reality and understands that he is NOT going to a good P5 school and getting the same role he had with the jacks

so he decided to go to the school closest to home with the best team

i do not claim to know a ton about creighton, but i have had nothing but respect for McDermott since his days at UND. their all time records are overflowing with players that he recruited, in his time there. what i think i do know is that they had a very solid but probably not great team last year, they won the big east and they have at least 3 starters returning

baylor SHOULD probably start there and be a key and significant contributor to a potentially top 20 team, but i would bet you that McDermott would NEVER guarantee him a starting spot or a predetermined number of shots, before he ever sets foot on campus

and you would have to think that the relationship between mcdermott and hendo would add to baylor comfort level

he ought to just come back to the jacks unless he just wants the money, but barring that then creighton is about as good a choice as he could make

in Summary:

1. you respect McDermott
                                2. BS is going close to home (Creighton)
                                3. Should come back unless about money
                                4. not going to P5 after all

man you write a book when you post! Just sayin

Comment

Working...
                                X